Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

When you win your league, do people start drafting your players high the next season?

I've tended to notice this.  I win the league, and then the next season, the players on that winning team tend to get overdrafted.  Do you think people are lazy and, when they don't know what to pick, just think of players on the winning team from a year ago?  I was thinking of adjusting my cheat sheets by bumping up all of my old players several slots.

Why would they? 

2 hours ago, riversco said:

I've tended to notice this.  I win the league, and then the next season, the players on that winning team tend to get overdrafted.  Do you think people are lazy and, when they don't know what to pick, just think of players on the winning team from a year ago?  I was thinking of adjusting my cheat sheets by bumping up all of my old players several slots.

No, my league mates aren't suckers, the way your league seems to be...

This doesn't even make sense.  Who goes back and looks at the championship squad?  Shìt I won my league last year and can barely remember who I invested in.

• Like 1

You have fallen victim to the logical fallacy that correlation implies causation.

For example, did you know that the more churches there are in a city, the higher the crime rate in that city?  That is, the number of churches in a city is highly positively correlated with the crime rate in that city.  But this does not mean that churches cause crime.  Actually, the correlation exists because both number of churches and crime rate are highly positively correlated to a third factor--population.

You have noted a positive correlation between players on your successful fantasy football teams and players who are picked highly in subsequent drafts, and inferred that the reason the players are highly drafted in subsequent drafts is because they were on your winning team the previous year.  In fact, the reason for the observed correlation is because both being on winning teams and being highly drafted in subsequent drafts are highly positively correlated with a third factor--scoring a lot of fantasy points.

So get over yourself.  Nobody remembers who was on your team last year.

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Usually when you won its because your players out performed their adp

That's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying they seem to get drafted above their new ADP in the league where they won the title the previous season.

I went back and looked at my team last year.  Holy cow did it suck.  I only won because of Saquon and FitzMagic who I picked up and started for the championship scored 80 points between them.

My other starters were Mike Boone (3 pts), Adam Theilen (0.2 pts), Keenan Allen (9.1 pts), Courtland Sutton (6.6 pts), Jason freaking Meyers (9 pts) and NE defense (4 pts)

I know no one cares, but I can confirm that none of these guys got drafted higher than the usual ADP. 

OMG  your right !!!  I won last year with CMC and Derrick Henry  leading my team and those bastards are drafting them really high!!!  Buncha freakin copy cats I tell you!!!!! 🤣

Can’t believe I wasted time reading this.

its absolutely absurd to base your rankings on past performance.  Who even does that?

2 hours ago, da_budman said:

OMG  your right !!!  I won last year with CMC and Derrick Henry  leading my team and those bastards are drafting them really high!!!  Buncha freakin copy cats I tell you!!!!! 🤣

Lol.