Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

NFL Ratings Guesses

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Oh some - especially in the middle of the season. But like I said, the NFL is in a class of their own. It's easy for middle aged white men to boycott the NBA - big whoop.. Let's see how dug in they are when/if college or pro football kicks off.

Even if the ratings take a dip - they'll still dominate the sports world. The start of the season should be strong, then a mid season dip - then a surge come playoff time....  But we'll see - could be totally off. 

The product on the field has been declining since I started watching. Over the shut down I got to watch video of The NFL in the 70s and 80s, today’s game looks like a joke next to that. I watched because my dad was a huge fan, I never got to that point so my quitting was easier than it is for most.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not about dominating. Of course they will be number one. But number one by how much? It’s pretty simple , if the ratings go down even 10 pct that is huge. They aren’t in competition with the other sports. They are in competition with themselves.  And if you think it’s just middle aged guys, you’re wrong. Way wrong. Fantasy leagues have plummeted. It’s not about them losing money, that’s not happening. It’s about them not making as much as they did or less then they could have. And that’s all but guaranteed. And by the way, the horrible play and officiating isn’t something new.  It’s been that way for a while and has had no affect. So I wouldn’t use that as an excuse if the ratings drop. 

It's 2020 - nothing can be relatable to normal. I wouldn't be too eager to cite the woke movement for every reason ratings drop - if indeed they do. 

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

The product on the field has been declining since I started watching. Over the shut down I got to watch video of The NFL in the 70s and 80s, today’s game looks like a joke next to that. I watched because my dad was a huge fan, I never got to that point so my quitting was easier than it is for most.

For sure. At times it's unbearable to watch. 

SB ratings down from 113 mill last year to 96 million this year. Nice work libtards. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, posty said:

How many people are streaming the game now?

There's literally a column in my link that tells you that. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

There's literally a column in my link that tells you that. 

Thanks, didn't see the STRM column...

Under six million streaming world-wide?  That number seems way to low...

48 minutes ago, posty said:

Thanks, didn't see the STRM column...

Under six million streaming world-wide?  That number seems way to low...

streaming is a youngsters thing.  kids hate sports more than other demos.  sports is increasingly an old mans pasttime.

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

streaming is a youngsters thing.  kids hate sports more than other demos.  sports is increasingly an old mans pasttime.

Let's hope.  And looking back years from now, I pray that young athletes curse the names of some of these current self-absorbed focks who are biting the hands that feed them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, posty said:

How many people are streaming the game now?

Trump likes it when russian hookers stream on him

I’m out. This feels permanent as I gave up two dynasty leagues this year and don’t intend to play again. Living overseas, I have to go out of my way to follow sports and I don’t feel any motivation to do so.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I’m out. This feels permanent as I gave up two dynasty leagues this year and don’t intend to play again. Living overseas, I have to go out of my way to follow sports and I don’t feel any motivation to do so.

I still enjoy fantasy football and I think it's easy to play well without watching the games.  I see your overall point but I just hate giving up every single thing that I enjoy simply because this country has gone mad.

56 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I still enjoy fantasy football and I think it's easy to play well without watching the games.  I see your overall point but I just hate giving up every single thing that I enjoy simply because this country has gone mad.

The way I play was always full shark and I’d sponge up as much NFL info as I could hoping to uncover a possible diamond on the waiver wire. The Kaepernick year really knocked me for a loop. I lost my edge and was going through the motions. Really, the only thing that kept me involved at all was FF. I hate when people give up/neglect their team mid-year and I wasn’t going to be that guy.

I gave up redraft leagues and was on the verge of leaving then but stuck it out. The way the 2020 offseason was playing out, it looked like another Kaepernick year was in the works and I knew I couldn’t stomach it.  

I was a Lions and could handle year-after-year-after-year of Millen, and 0-16, and one playoff win in my lifetime, but what I can’t handle is them being the wokest team in the NFL with an anti-American traitor at quarterback. I’m glad he and the management are gone but the league is still polluted.

4 hours ago, fandandy said:

plenty of stuff to do.  fishing, boating, hiking, playing cards, hunting, gun range, skeet shooting, skiing. 

13 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

plenty of stuff to do.  fishing, boating, hiking, playing cards, hunting, gun range, skeet shooting, skiing. 

Homo

9 hours ago, Voltaire said:

The way I play was always full shark and I’d sponge up as much NFL info as I could hoping to uncover a possible diamond on the waiver wire. The Kaepernick year really knocked me for a loop. I lost my edge and was going through the motions. Really, the only thing that kept me involved at all was FF. I hate when people give up/neglect their team mid-year and I wasn’t going to be that guy.

I gave up redraft leagues and was on the verge of leaving then but stuck it out. The way the 2020 offseason was playing out, it looked like another Kaepernick year was in the works and I knew I couldn’t stomach it.  

I was a Lions and could handle year-after-year-after-year of Millen, and 0-16, and one playoff win in my lifetime, but what I can’t handle is them being the wokest team in the NFL with an anti-American traitor at quarterback. I’m glad he and the management are gone but the league is still polluted.

Wasn't aware of this.   

I like the NFL and quite frankly I never cared about the kneeling.  At all.  I'm one of those that believes it's America and if you wanna kneel, then you can kneel.

I wouldn't do it and I don't cheer on those that do, but it's their right as an American.  And yeah they can burn a flag too.

However the relentless social justice stuff coming from the NFL is just simply wearing me down.  I can only handle it for so long before it becomes too much.

Can't we all sit back, enjoy the sport and NOT constantly make it about something else?  Damn.  We all could use a break from this once in a while.

Reminds me of Olivia Munn.  I started checking her out on IG cause she would on occasion post some sexy pics and I think she's hot.  So she got my attention.  THEN she started becoming a SJW and it got so damn old so damn fast.  Every post was about how this was wrong or how that was wrong or how this can be better and on and on....to the point where she completely lost my interest.  I don't wanna be lectured to all the time--I get enough of that sh!t from my wife.

26.4 rating. By far the worst ever. Of course there are many ways to watch these days so it doesn't necessarily reflect all viewership. It is hugely significant, however,  to how the NFL measures tv contracts and the salary cap. The NFL as us older guys knew it, is dead. 

Considering we are in a pandemic and most people have to stay home it should have been an all time high. Whatever the reason for the drop, the NFL has issues. I wonder what their merchandise sales have been like? 

Can't wait for the, if you don't watch the nfl you're a white nationalist.

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

Ratings in Boston area were higher than in Tampa Bay area

I'm willing to bet that the weather, demographics, and covid restrictions (in Massachusetts), or lack there of (in Florida), played a big part in that.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm willing to bet that the weather, demographics, and covid restrictions (in Massachusetts), or lack there of (in Florida), played a big part in that.

Brady and Gronk. That’s why. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Possibly. I would hope so were I a Tampa Bay fan

And they didn’t release the ratings the next day like always. I guess they needed to count some more. Sad thing is, they should have seen this coming. NBA, NHL, MLB all had record low ratings for their championships. Much like our schools with the teachers running the show, and they suck and people are leaving, major sports let their unions run the show and look at them now. Don’t listen to ignorant twenty somethings is the lesson here. 

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Can't wait for the, if you don't watch the nfl you're a white nationalist.

That's the NBA's gig.