Sign in to follow this  
Candygram4Mongo

Which RB to add?

12 team PPR.

I drafted Nyheim Hines of the Colts near the end of my draft.
There's the idea floating around that with his receiving skills, he could take on a bit of an Austin Ekeler role for Phillip Rivers.

I'm trying to get a jump on an RB who will be a hot waiver add next week.
On the wire are the following guys:

Chris Thompson: He's got to see action in what should be a pass happy Jags offense. But he's made of glass. 
Joshua Kelley: He's impressed in camp, and seems the favorite to get a whole lot of vacated carries for the Chargers. He may have a good ceiling, but he's a long shot.
Malcom Brown: He's getting the start Sunday against Dallas, but Akers is believed to be the guy to own long term. (Akers is my RB2)
Chase Edmonds: As a Kenyon Drake owner, he is the clear handcuff. But carrying a handcuff seriously hampers roster management, which is crucial to building a good team. 

Thoughts?

Ppr= Thompson.  

38 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

It's hard not to add Brown.  That way with Brown and Akers, you're guaranteed a starting RB.

This.

In a vacuum, I'd recommend Thompson as the best bet of the bunch, despite the health concerns, but having Akers pretty much makes Brown a no-brainer.

I think you're right about Hines, too, so good pick there.

Who else is in your lineup?

It depends if you're weak at RB or have enough depth. If you're looking for a starter, Thompson might be the best option. But if this is really just a flier, I'd 100% go with Edmonds. The Cardinals ran the ball really well last year and created so many opportunities that there was no real drop off when Edmonds came in. Drake has never proven he can manage a full season - if anything happens to Drake you can slot Edmonds straight in and the opportunities will be there.

FWIW from a Cardinals fan - I didn't draft Drake as I didn't have the opportunity, but if I did I would have been sure to handcuff him with Edmonds.