Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

***OFFICIAL Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs Thread***

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You're only 36 hours early...

I've been waiting for this day since February.

Even after their controversial offseason trade away of All-Pro star DeAndre Hopkins, the Houston Texans feel good about their quality and quantity at wide receiver - but that "feel-good'' is on hold for the moment as Brandin Cooks was unable to participate in Tuesday's practice in preparation for the Thursday night NFL season-opening game at the defending Super Bowl-champion Kansas City Chiefs.

On Monday, Cook was listed as "limited'' with his quad injury - meaning that Tuesday was a downgrade of sorts.

READ MORE: Conley To IR; Texans Next Man Up - Lonnie Johnson Jr.

Meanwhile, fullback Cullen Gillaspia (hamstring) and outside linebacker Jonathan Greenard (ankle) remain limited, and cornerbacks Phillip Gaines (hamstring) and Lonnie Johnson Jr. (hip) were full participants on Tuesday after having been limited on the day before.

Going to get a pretty good idea how my team will be this year after tomorrow night....

if anybody cares, it's going to be a rainy, dreary day in KC.  The temp seems like it will hover around 58 all game long, but 50% chance of showers at 7, 55% at 8, 45% at 9, and 55% at 10.

My 5 man fanduel lineup MVP- mahomie

flex D.watson

flex CEH

flex W Fuller

flex Darrell Williams.

Im scared.....that this game will be lame due to no fans and whatever other "things" are going to go on.  Ugh.  I hope they havent ruined footbal forever.   Just when you thought sports was your escape from the day to day BS, BAM!  They drop it on you anyways.  Please be a good game and keep the *crap* out of it.  Lets get fans back too.  Cant keep this lockdown thing going on forever. Healthy people have no reason to be kept out of stadiums.

29 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Im scared.....that this game will be lame due to no fans...

I've generally stayed out of fantasy football leagues this year because of concerns about it being kind of a "cartoon" year for football, with greater or lesser distortions of the game we love due to COVID, but the Chiefs are allowing 16,000 fans into the stadium for the game tonight, so it won't be totally "without" fans.

The days of Arrowhead fans blasting 142.2 decibels at opposing QBs may be over, however...

56 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Im scared.....that this game will be lame due to no fans and whatever other "things" are going to go on.  Ugh.  I hope they havent ruined footbal forever.   Just when you thought sports was your escape from the day to day BS, BAM!  They drop it on you anyways.  Please be a good game and keep the *crap* out of it.  Lets get fans back too.  Cant keep this lockdown thing going on forever. Healthy people have no reason to be kept out of stadiums.

I'm going to the game tonight.

In terms of the volume, I talked to a friend today who had a tour of about 20 or 30 people and they told them to spread out and start yelling.  He said it was amazing with the acoustics how loud it got.  Not, it won't be full capacity arrowhead loud, but it may actually be louder than we think it's going to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

In terms of the volume, I talked to a friend today who had a tour of about 20 or 30 people and they told them to spread out and start yelling.  He said it was amazing with the acoustics how loud it got.  Not, it won't be full capacity arrowhead loud, but it may actually be louder than we think it's going to be.

Have a great time! Very envious!

This last few years I haven’t been as big of a fan of going to any sports games but this one I definitely would want to go to!

Inactives

Texans: WR Keke Coutee, FB Cullen Gillaspia, LB Dylan Cole, LB Jon Greenard, OT Charlie Heck

Chiefs: TE Ricky Seals-Jones, CB BoPete Keyes, DE Demone Harris, OL Yasir Durant, DE Taco Charlton

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Excellent!  Glad you are going.  ENJOY!!!! :D

5 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

These guys are pro's, they'll have no problem performing at a high level. I think they should take the noise completely out of the game during the pandemic just to make it equal for all teams.

12 minutes ago, Lions_slappy said:

I think they should take the noise completely out of the game during the pandemic just to make it equal for all teams.

Huh.

Quality protests. 

In a surprise move, Cris Collinsworth 100% supports the players.  That's good to know.

Isn’t it a conflict of interest to list PFF grades while Collinsworth is announcing?

Houston looking sloppy on the first drive.  Dropped back shoulder fade, false start, and David johnson lets a little dump off bounce off his pads because he turned the wrong direction.

Interesting.  ON the 1st 3rd down for the Chiefs they brought in Darrell Williams for CEH.

Mahommes!#!@#@!# absolute dime to Demarcus Robinson.  It'll be overturned though

2 3rd downs for KC and Darrell Williams in both times.  That'll be problematic for CEH owners if that trend continues.

Where is Axe.....CEH is splitting so far.

I was just going to say they're letting CEH stay in for a 3rd and 2, and as soon as I started typing it, he starts running off the field.  That's 3 of 3 3rd downs.

Odds on who scores this TD?

CEH 5:1

Darrell Williams 8:1

Tyreek 5:1

Kelce 3:1

Mahommes (running) 10:1

Field 2.5:1

That was weird on first down.  David Johnson on the RPO, Deshaun pulls it out and David Johnson just turns around.  I guess he thought it was fumbled.

I know that run was only for like 10 yards by Watson, but it was pretty sick.  How the hell did he know to high step when the guy dove at his heels?

I see Baker Mayfield is still doing commercials.  That's usually a bad sign when mediocre players start doing ads.