Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Jonnu Smith

He’s a great late target.  

Decent player, not in a good situation.  The spotty TEN passing attack tends to forget Jonnu at times--he had SEVEN (7) games last year in which he was targeted 2 or fewer times, and only THREE (3) games with more than 60 yards.

He's not a guy I would feel good starting regularly; maybe an emergency start where you keep your fingers crossed for a TD (although he has never had more than 3 in a year).

Just now, AxeElf said:

Decent player, not in a good situation.  The spotty TEN passing attack tends to forget Jonnu at times--he had SEVEN (7) games last year in which he was targeted 2 or fewer times, and only THREE (3) games with more than 60 yards.

He's not a guy I would feel good starting regularly; maybe an emergency start where you keep your fingers crossed for a TD (although he has never had more than 3 in a year).

Those 7 games were when Delanie Walker was still starting.

During the past 2 seasons, D. Walker got 19.8% of all the passing attempts in Ten.   If Smith gets that, the sky's the limit.

4 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Those 7 games were when Delanie Walker was still starting.

During the past 2 seasons, D. Walker got 19.8% of all the passing attempts in Ten.   If Smith gets that, the sky's the limit.

Delanie Walker was a shell of himself last season; he had 21 total receptions on the year.  (That was 7th on the team; he had 3 more receptions than Derrick Henry.)  He wasn't taking a lot away from Jonnu (who was 4th on the team in receptions already).

Dealnie Walker was a stud; Jonnu is a journeyman.  Different QB now, emerging stud WR...  Jonnu won't be fantasy-relevant in most leagues.

I have a feeling he’ll be more involved this season.  

9 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Drafted in the 3rd round by the Ten in 2017 and currently 25 years old.  I won't call that a journeyman.

That's because it takes longer for the average observer to determine these things than Axe Elf.

14 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Drafted in the 3rd round by the Ten in 2017 and currently 25 years old.  I won't call that a journeyman.

He spent Covid shutdown time hanging with and working out with Tannehlll

On 9/9/2020 at 1:55 PM, AxeElf said:

Delanie Walker was a shell of himself last season; he had 21 total receptions on the year.  (That was 7th on the team; he had 3 more receptions than Derrick Henry.)  He wasn't taking a lot away from Jonnu (who was 4th on the team in receptions already).

Dealnie Walker was a stud; Jonnu is a journeyman.  Different QB now, emerging stud WR...  Jonnu won't be fantasy-relevant in most leagues.

Again, AxeElf is WRONG!

Can you get SOMETHING RIGHT!!!

34 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Again, AxeElf is WRONG!

Can you get SOMETHING RIGHT!!!

Axe Elf gets everything right.

You are only evaluating the second part of my statement, and ignoring the "emerging stud WR" part--which has not yet been the case this year.

Without AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith obviously gets a boost.

I would have said Mike Davis and Wayne Gallman won't be fantasy relevant either, but obviously, with the injuries to Barkley and McCaffrey, things change.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:14 PM, AxeElf said:

Axe Elf gets everything right.

You are only evaluating the second part of my statement, and ignoring the "emerging stud WR" part--which has not yet been the case this year.

Without AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith obviously gets a boost.

I would have said Mike Davis and Wayne Gallman won't be fantasy relevant either, but obviously, with the injuries to Barkley and McCaffrey, things change.

Wrong again!

Jonnu Smith played with AJ Brown in week 1.

4 Rec for 36 yards and 1 TD

That's the same number of Rec without AJ Brown in week 2.

4 Rec for 84 yards and 2 TDs

5 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Wrong again!

Jonnu Smith played with AJ Brown in week 1.

4 Rec for 36 yards and 1 TD

That's the same number of Rec without AJ Brown in week 2.

4 Rec for 84 yards and 2 TDs

Brown was already injured going into Week 1.  He was expected to be on the Week 1 injury report, but managed to avoid a designation--even though Tennessee was already managing his reps in practice.

And if you don't see a difference between Week 1, when Brown was at least out there as a decoy, and Week 2, when Brown wasn't even in the game, then I doubt if I can help you further.

(HINT:  Smith got almost twice as many fantasy points in Brown's absence.)

7 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Does anyone know if J. Smith is hurt or not??  Some sites saying he's got an ankle issue, and other sites like Rotoworld there is no mention of injury.

He did not practice Wednesday, listed with an ankle injury.

3 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Does anyone know if J. Smith is hurt or not??  Some sites saying he's got an ankle issue, and other sites like Rotoworld there is no mention of injury.

Jonnu practiced in full today.

Titans beat writer posits that Wednesday was a "rest day".

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/lists/tennessee-titans-minnesota-vikings-injury-report-thursday-week-3/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickKailaMike

Now to decide if I stick with Jonnu or go with Gesicki.

38 minutes ago, Candygram4Mongo said:

As long as Brown is out and Jonnu is in, he's the play.

1 hour ago, Candygram4Mongo said:

I’m in the same boat. I’m rolling with Jonnu. I think both will have good games though.