HTH

What Are Your Super Bowl Picks?

Just now, Voltaire said:

Me too. I couldn't wager a guess. I know who was good through 2019 but whatever happened this offseason, besides Brady going to Tampa and Cam replacing him in NE, I've not been paying attention. I just see headlines for stories that i don't read.

I do have to admit, I saw a headline yesterday or earlier today that the Tigers are 1 1/2 games behind the Yankees for the final AL playoff spot and I was pretty dang tempted to click the link. We have a good half dozen America hating communists on our team, I wonder how many the Yankees have.

Stanton and Hicks seem to be the only ones on the Yankees. If there are more I don’t know because I’m not paying attention 

Cowboys vs. Ravens

"How 'Bout Them Cowboys!!"

On 9/9/2020 at 2:37 PM, riversco said:

If a team does NOTHING in the offseason, they tend to regress. 

HTH

Not the vikes.  Chiefs and cowboys.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:35 PM, Reality said:

9ers should be back, they dominated the NFC and nothing in the off-season gives me a reason to think this year will be any different.

Except for the fact they suck

I forgot this year that only one team from each conference gets a bye.  That's going to be huge.  You have four decent teams in the NFC West who are going to beat up on each other and end up with a dogfight for the division.  I don't see the No. 1 seed coming from the west.  Panthers and Falcons aren't going to be much, so I think you have a fight between New Orleans and Tampa, with New Orleans getting the edge here.  They probably have a shot at the No. 1 seed.  The NFC East could end up being the worst division in football, so I doubt the No. 1 seed comes from the East.  The other team which has a decent shot, especially in a division against their competition is the Packers.  After re-thinking this, it could be a great chance for the Packers to get the No. 1 seed which would give them the extra week off to rest and get healthy where every other NFC team is in a fight for their lives the week before.  Then in the division round you get the weakest link of the four left.  I'm going to change my NFC pick and go with the Packers.

On 9/9/2020 at 2:22 PM, riversco said:

Chiefs have technically been on top of the NFL for the last 2 years (with the Patriots barely squeaking out a win in 2019 in KC for the AFC crown).    Its almost impossible to stay on top for 3 years in a row.  It can happen but I don't like the idea. 

The Chiefs feel like a trap team.  Everyone is skeptical of them in 2019 and 2020.  Then finally everyone climbs on board so this is where they flop.

Explain how the Chiefs were technically on top for the last TWO years. 

17 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

The Chiefs have hosted the past two AFC Championship games :dunno:

45 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

I think they've been the best team for the past 2 years.  The Patriots escaped with a win in the AFC title game, but I think if that game played 10 times, the Chiefs win 8.  And I'm fine saying the best team and the team that wins the trophy are two different things.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

I think they've been the best team for the past 2 years.  The Patriots escaped with a win in the AFC title game, but I think if that game played 10 times, the Chiefs win 8.  And I'm fine saying the best team and the team that wins the trophy are two different things.

our defense needed some upgrades from the '18 team.  Now I think we have the most talented team in football.

17 hours ago, riversco said:

The Patriots escaped with a win?

The Patriots  were playing on the road. They also beat Chiefs in the regular season.

The Patriots outgained them in yards: 524-290

First Downs: 36-18

Rushing Yards 176-41

Passing Yards 348 - 290

TOP: 43:59 to 20:52

The Patriots had 2 turnovers that let KC stay close. The Patriots completely dominated the line of scrimmage. That's not going to change over 10 games. 

With that same logic-The Ravens were the best team last year.

5 hours ago, mighty_thor said:

The Patriots escaped with a win?

The Patriots  were playing on the road. They also beat Chiefs in the regular season.

The Patriots outgained them in yards: 524-290

First Downs: 36-18

Rushing Yards 176-41

Passing Yards 348 - 290

TOP: 43:59 to 20:52

The Patriots had 2 turnovers that let KC stay close. The Patriots completely dominated the line of scrimmage. That's not going to change over 10 games. 

With that same logic-The Ravens were the best team last year.

But that's the Chiefs.

Those Chiefs teams made all kinds of mistakes and fell WAY behind.  Last year in the playoffs they were getting blown out by the Texans, they were down by 2 scores in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.  What made these Chiefs the best team is NOT that they dominate you.  What made them the best team is that Mahomes can cover up an ENORMOUS amount of mistakes.  He can strap the team on his back and erase a two or THREE score deficit.  He just dumped 21 points on the 49ers in the 4th quarter.  He's terrifying.

I’d say Chiefs as long as Tyreek  can resist the urge to gut punch his pregnant  baby mama again. Don’t know which one the last one was . He might get a few games off this time.