Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

In These Challenging Times....😢

To steal a phrase from the enemy, the FFToday Geek Club is a cop friendly safe space. I hope for your mental health, dealing with the neverending stream of BS in your line of work is some other poor soul's responsibility. These are tough times for our sheepdogs. :cheers:

• Thanks 1

When COVID first hit, we had a couple of people where I work really freak out.  Like having nervous breakdowns.  One guy needed to see a therapist and cut back his work hours.

So, because everyone was acting so nutty about it, I didn't want to say the word COVID or coronavirus, so I would use damn near every variation of the focking "in these _________ times"

challenging, troubling, uncertain, difficult, etc...

After about a week, I had to just start saying "Given the COVID restrictions..." I couldn't do it anymore.  I just didn't want that call from HR if one of these guys broke down and started crying.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nobody said:

When COVID first hit, we had a couple of people where I work really freak out.  Like having nervous breakdowns.  One guy needed to see a therapist and cut back his work hours.

So, because everyone was acting so nutty about it, I didn't want to say the word COVID or coronavirus, so I would use damn near every variation of the focking "in these _________ times"

challenging, troubling, uncertain, difficult, etc...

After about a week, I had to just start saying "Given the COVID restrictions..." I couldn't do it anymore.  I just didn't want that call from HR if one of these guys broke down and started crying.

Why didn't I think of that. "Sorry. Can't work today. I'm having a corona breakdown."

We've had people take days off from work calling it "a mental health day".

Don't have to use a personal holiday. No sick or vacation time. No nothing. Just don't feel like working. It's a mental health day. Don't come in, it's o.k.

:mad:

55 minutes ago, Kopy said:

We've had people take days off from work calling it "a mental health day".

Don't have to use a personal holiday. No sick or vacation time. No nothing. Just don't feel like working. It's a mental health day. Don't come in, it's o.k.

:mad:

Lots of companies were able to create a payroll slush fund, via PPP loans.  Joe taxpayer basically took care of their payroll even when their employees were working and producing.  Those funds will run out soon enough.  When they do, expect some layoffs, more people returning to offices, and less of this mental health day nonsense.