listen2me 23

*** Week 1 NFL Gambling***

I dunno. Some people here might get pissed if you bet on a team just because you like them. They seem to take offense to that kind of betting :dunno: 

29 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I dunno. Some people here might get pissed if you bet on a team just because you like them. They seem to take offense to that kind of betting :dunno: 

Agreed that it's dumb to bet on a team with the prettier jerseys 

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Agreed that it's dumb to bet on a team with the prettier jerseys 

No one said anything about it being “prettier”. I said which one I liked better. Big difference. You were the one who said prettier. If you want to lie about something then you need to make it something that can’t be verified :lol: 

On 9/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

For those who care, this is a completely non-bias look at how the Tampa defense played last year.  If you want to call me a blind homer, fine, but I'm only giving you information that doesn't show up in box scores or wins and losses.  The bottom line is, Winston was the ONLY problem, and a big problem at that, as to why Tampa didn't make the playoffs last year.

I am pretty sick of hearing about how the Bears could have had Winston as their qb. How does 30 interceptions not make people automatically dismiss him as a legit option for a franchise?

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

No one said anything about it being “prettier”. I said which one I liked better. Big difference. You were the one who said prettier. If you want to lie about something then you need to make it something that can’t be verified :lol: 

It's basically what you were saying.

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It's basically what you were saying.

Lol no. No it’s not “basically what I’m saying”. There are other factors and it was a great way to put the horse with the name on the paper. 

12 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I am pretty sick of hearing about how the Bears could have had Winston as their qb. How does 30 interceptions not make people automatically dismiss him as a legit option for a franchise?

It should.  He's extremely talented, but sadly, he's a tragically awful decision maker.  He will never be a winner in the NFL.

On 9/10/2020 at 9:16 AM, cmh6476 said:

Is it me, or does it feel like some of these teams could be really, really bad.

Jacksonville.  Washington.  The Jets.  Miami.  Do any of these teams even have a chance to finish .500?  Trevor Lawrence has to end up in Jacksonville or Washington, right?

Ok Jacksonville deserves the benefit of the doubt.  The other teams...

On 9/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, Meglamaniac said:

They are going to open up the offense and see if Minshew is or isn't the guy, I believe they will throw 50 + times a game and they have a ton of talent at the Skills position.  Both Eifert and OShaq have looked great in camp and the Jags haven't had a decent threat at TE sine MLewis.  Shanault is big and fast, C Johnson is a beast and will be a redzone monster, Chark Jr has looked even better than he did in 2019 and Westbrook and Cole have played well so far as well.  Conley is the Vet leader and he had his best year as a pro last year.

They are also very high on the kid from N Ill, Robinson and he looks like he will start at RB with CThomas getting the pass catching duties which he is very good at.  If L4 can get 76 receptions I'd guess the Rbs this year may top 100.

Every hour of every day the emphasis has been on assignment when it comes to run defense, that was a huge problem last year as was Jack in the middle and the SS Harrison free lancing instead of sticking to assignments.

Picking up the LB from Clev and starting him at MIKE has allowed the jags to move Jack back outside to WILL, this wil lmake a HUGE difference

They faces are new, true, but I can say with certainty that this Def will be much better against the run this year.  Also this Def is MUCH faster than last years.

Week 1 versus Indy will be a good barometer for the rund Def as Indy has a very good OL. 

JMHO

Good call

On 9/11/2020 at 9:45 PM, Meglamaniac said:

I live in Jacksonville and interact with the franchise often via my work.  I'm a huge jags fan and I absolutely HATE the Titans, they are our nemesis!

Yea, nothing ban worthy, just harmless fun

Well, ya got me on that one. Pm me with my new sig.

You can save your week for titans jags week if you prefer. I've never actually met a jags fan, so I'm all for having a little rivalry.

Bad habits die hard in Dallas

Are we sure Red left the building?

On 9/11/2020 at 10:15 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

The difference... Tampa's defense is still intact (and possibly upgraded), and Brady went from a team with little offensive talent to one that is abundant.

Tom Brady is the first QB to have 3 straight games with a pick six since Matt Schaub and Blaine Gabbert, who both did it in 2013

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Tom Brady is the first QB to have 3 straight games with a pick six since Matt Schaub and Blaine Gabbert, who both did it in 2013

Not concerned.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not concerned.

Yeah when teams have as much turnover it is going to take some time to adjust and gel.  You saw the teams who didn't have a lot of turnover in personnel or coaching staff perform a lot better week 1 (Chiefs, Ravens, etc), while teams that did didn't fare as well.

I'd expect TB to be playing at a much higher level in a few weeks.

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Yeah when teams have as much turnover it is going to take some time to adjust and gel.  You saw the teams who didn't have a lot of turnover in personnel or coaching staff perform a lot better week 1 (Chiefs, Ravens, etc), while teams that did didn't fare as well.

I'd expect TB to be playing at a much higher level in a few weeks.

What turnover did they have besides adding Brady?  Brady is old.  More time with WRs isnt going to change that

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

What turnover did they have besides adding Brady?  Brady is old.  More time with WRs isnt going to change that

That's a pretty big transition, when the guy who touches the ball every snap is going into a brand new system.  But ok, I guess everything else remained the same :dunno:

All I have to say is the eagles suck and Carson wentz is the most overrated QB in the NFL

cost me $550 in parlay wins 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

All I have to say is the eagles suck and Carson wentz is the most overrated QB in the NFL

cost me $550 in parlay wins 

He's not getting much help. 4th & 3 and they called deep out with an Oline that is decimated already. Just stupid.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

He's not getting much help. 4th & 3 and they called deep out with an Oline that is decimated already. Just stupid.

Giving 5.5 points how do you get up 17-0 and let a team like Washington score 27 unanswered. A really good team with a veteran QB? Maybe it happens but to let Washington do it to you??? Joke

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Giving 5.5 points how do you get up 17-0 and let a team like Washington score 27 unanswered. A really good team with a veteran QB? Maybe it happens but to let Washington do it to you??? Joke

Oh, I agree. Total joke. That game was a gimme but they were completely outcoached by Rivera.

Starting to think that Frank Reich was the real brains behind their SB win and Pederson is not this guru that he was made out to be. Lots of blunders since that SB win.

30 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

In the 4th Q, the Saints scored a TD to go up 31-17.  On that kickoff, they kicked it short and towards the sideline.  Two Bucs players converged on it and muffed the kick.  The Saints recovered it on the Bucs 18 yard line.  A half dozen plays later, the Saints kicked a field goal.

Bet $5 on Draftkings $5 million contest. Won $25. The guy that won the million, won it when they overturned the Kamara TD at the end of the game. He literally won $1M by the distance of about 1 inch.

8 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Bet $5 on Draftkings $5 million contest. Won $25. The guy that won the million, won it when they overturned the Kamara TD at the end of the game. He literally won $1M by the distance of about 1 inch.

I was in the same contest. Wasn’t pretty lol

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

I was in the same contest. Wasn’t pretty lol

I had: 

Josh Allen

Dalvin Cook

J. Robinson

D. Adams

DK Metcalf

A. Miller

T. Hockenson

R. Mostert

Patriots

Fortunately this was in that game. My 10 cent lineup totally sucked.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

I had: 

Josh Allen

Dalvin Cook

J. Robinson

D. Adams

DK Metcalf

A. Miller

T. Hockenson

R. Mostert

Patriots

Fortunately this was in that game. My 10 cent lineup totally sucked.

I tried to go bold with Emmanuel Sanders and DJax. Having Julio, Carson and Jacobs didn’t save me 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I tried to go bold with Emmanuel Sanders and DJax. Having Julio, Carson and Jacobs didn’t save me 

Never considered Jacobs. Man did he go nuts. Can't trust Julio at all. Never scores TDs. Rodgers only throws to Adams. 

58 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

He's a stiff.  No mobility at all.  And they lost 2 lineman.  Week 1 is generally a big fraud, so we'll see. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

That's a pretty big transition, when the guy who touches the ball every snap is going into a brand new system.  But ok, I guess everything else remained the same :dunno:

He seems on the same page with no name Miller.  Much more so than big bodied downfield Evans.  Wonder why?

He is 43 and the greatest QB of all time.  Odd to go get him if they thought it would take a ton of time to accurately throw the ball to all pro WRs.

He seemed fine in NE when they used a different RB each week to dump it off to.  

Evans quit on a route and it was picked.  Not Brady's fault but he was covered well and it wqs over thrown anyway.

I say an old inaccurate Brady.

He picked the best O that was available and he put up mediocre #s. Not good and it's not a patsy division either, that he is sued to. He's old and he looks it. he's also going to cause them to have no future QB going forward as they will win enough to not be in the hunt for a top QB in the next couple drafts.

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

He seems on the same page with no name Miller.  Much more so than big bodied downfield Evans.  Wonder why?

He is 43 and the greatest QB of all time.  Odd to go get him if they thought it would take a ton of time to accurately throw the ball to all pro WRs.

He seemed fine in NE when they used a different RB each week to dump it off to.  

Evans quit on a route and it was picked.  Not Brady's fault but he was covered well and it wqs over thrown anyway.

I say an old inaccurate Brady.

Actually reading Bruce said Evans read it right and Brady was in thr wrong for that pick.