Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

How much of an impact do you think this week of NFL with fans in attendance impacts large gatherings going forward?

On a Chiefs message board some guy suggested all those attending follow rules yada yada yada because they want to see them allow more fans as the season progresses.  And not trying to make this a Chiefs thread you guys :mad:

But it did dawn on me, I mean the game is on FOX so there's that, but will they work to show fans who aren't wearing masks to make it look like all these fans are careless and showing disregard?  They are saying if you are eating or drinking you can take your mask off.  And I'm sure stadium personnel will be keeping a close eye on everyone.  But is this a make or break week for large events to start happening across the country?

oops game is on NBC, isn't it?  Well fock...

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

On a Chiefs message board some guy suggested all those attending follow rules yada yada yada because they want to see them allow more fans as the season progresses.  And not trying to make this a Chiefs thread you guys :mad:

But it did dawn on me, I mean the game is on FOX so there's that, but will they work to show fans who aren't wearing masks to make it look like all these fans are careless and showing disregard?  They are saying if you are eating or drinking you can take your mask off.  And I'm sure stadium personnel will be keeping a close eye on everyone.  But is this a make or break week for large events to start happening across the country?

There’s what? What are you implying? And your bias has made you name the wrong network. Does your point still stand?

I'm saying of this week goes well did we start seeing concerts and stuff?  And bad, does it all shut down?

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm saying of this week goes well did we start seeing concerts and stuff?  And bad, does it all shut down?

We've already had concerts and live sports here in Jax. All good

I think it will have ZERO negative impact on Covid restrictions as they are only allowing 25% capacity and have done a good job with distancing.  As for masks, again they are distance, parties are no larger than 10 and its an open air stadium so I don't see wearing/not wearing a mask as an issue

The royals play right next door and won't let fans in.  Same city accross the parking lot and chiefs can.  You don't think other sports are watching to see how this goes to rethink their own policies.  And we aren't having concerts in kc so if this has a positive impact on that I think it'd be great.

NASCAR has had fans for a couple of months now.  At the end of races the fans all run up to the fence near the start finish line to watch the driver do his burnouts and what not.  They social distance reasonably well during the race but at the end it all goes to hell.  Haven't seen any outbreaks of Covid as a result.  Not too worried about it.  Don't expect the media to focus on that either since the numbers re: Covid have been going down.  It will only help Trump get reelected if they focus on Covid.

I think the chiefs are 1 of 5 teams in the league allowing fans.  If nothing else, other nfl teams should be monitoring this situation.

Chiefs are having 22% capacity. It will be like this going forward til after the election and into the new year depending on who wins. 

26 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Chiefs are having 22% capacity. It will be like this going forward til after the election and into the new year depending on who wins. 

I hear some sucker fans are actually considering paying huge sums to go. 

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I know a guy that paid $1200 + for four tickets to go tonight :unsure:

6 hours ago, Strike said:

NASCAR has had fans for a couple of months now.  At the end of races the fans all run up to the fence near the start finish line to watch the driver do his burnouts and what not.  They social distance reasonably well during the race but at the end it all goes to hell.  Haven't seen any outbreaks of Covid as a result.  Not too worried about it.  Don't expect the media to focus on that either since the numbers re: Covid have been going down.  It will only help Trump get reelected if they focus on Covid.

I've seen that too---just kills me.  I can't remember what race it was, but there was a decent crash on the front stretch and all the social distancing went right out the window as everyone ran to fence to the see the carnage.  I did notice though that a good majority of the people did have masks on.  

I think between the guidelines and outdoor events vs indoor recycled air has made a difference.  I'd go to a football game/nascar, reduced capacity, but I'm not going to sit in a bar or small venue for a concert or band. 

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I've seen that too---just kills me.  I can't remember what race it was, but there was a decent crash on the front stretch and all the social distancing went right out the window as everyone ran to fence to the see the carnage.  I did notice though that a good majority of the people did have masks on.  

I think between the guidelines and outdoor events vs indoor recycled air has made a difference.  I'd go to a football game/nascar, reduced capacity, but I'm not going to sit in a bar or small venue for a concert or band. 

We've been to a couple of concerts in the last month.  Have one this Saturday as well.  Small venue limiting capacity to 75 people, properly social distanced.  You must wear a mask unless you're at your table.  I saw a guy tossed last time because he was in the lobby on his cell phone without a mask.  It's more than safe.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

We've been to a couple of concerts in the last month.  Have one this Saturday as well.  Small venue limiting capacity to 75 people, properly social distanced.  You must wear a mask unless you're at your table.  I saw a guy tossed last time because he was in the lobby on his cell phone without a mask.  It's more than safe.

I think you frequent a better class of places than I do.   :D

58 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I'm on the way down, haven't bought tickets yet. It's the first game since they won it all.  17k fans allowed in.  And I'm looking at about 1k for 4 lower level tickets.

7 hours ago, Strike said:

The media is onto their next fake news BS about Trump. This one has run its course.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

The media is onto their next fake news BS about Trump. This one has run its course.

Oh, for sure.  They're pushing this Woodward crap hard right now.  Just saw Brett Baier tear one of Biden's national lackeys a new A-hole.  It was glorious.  Dude wouldn't answer one question Brett posted to him, including whether they're using teleprompters during Q&A sessions.  If you can find the interview is awesomely awkward.

Jesus christ why are you retards still going on about masks and social distancing.

All you need are knee pads so you can suck BLM c0ck the whole game.

• Thanks 1

Some of this covid innovation may be game changing.  They have zip tied seats not in use so you are stuck to your seats.

And then for beer they have commercial coolers you get your own beer, set them on this state of the art contraption and then pay.  This could be a game changer in terms of getting back to your seat quickly..

On 9/11/2020 at 7:03 AM, DexterM1776 said:

Jesus christ why are you retards still going on about masks and social distancing.

All you need are knee pads so you can suck BLM c0ck the whole game.

All while chipping in $1000 to get in the door and join arms and show a message of unity to condemn the police and the irredeemably racist country while promoting Marxism and celebrating criminal behavior.

Just as with the 9/11 aftermath, the Corona awareness/caution will wear off too. 

I love the fact establishments and stores are extra clean and people are washing their hands now - but gosh damn I'm tired of wearing a mask. And the paralysis of the economy needs to end already - focking retarded it is. 

CMH, a lot of us didn't watch the game or those that did saw it on TV so we don't know anything about the significance of how the way the Chiefs handled this will affect things going forward. Since you were there, you're the only one here that really knows what they're talking about so I do appreciate that you are answering your own question with first hand experience.

Speaking for myself, I'm caught in between hoping things open back up on the one hand, while also hoping the NFL/NBA/MLB all fail miserably in 2020 on the other. 

0 - Gubnah Charlie Faker isn't opening bars until there is a vaccine