Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Tyreek Hill role in KC offense

I know it's early - not even a half of football played at the time I'm noticing this, but with all the weapons in this KC offense, seems that Tyreek Hill's receptions will be diminished. Robinson, Watkins, Kelce, and now Edwards-Helaire all being used. Was Hill worthy of a 2nd round pick? Of course he's an amazing WR but will he get the volume and looks that a 2nd round WR should get?

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Mecole hardman is also being ignored.

Not sure if Hill or Hardman are being ignored  -  it just looks like there are so many different options and they only have one ball. If I remember correctly, I think Sammy Watkins scored first game of last season too then Hill got the volume from that point. Just seems there are so many options in this offense that it's hard to justify him going in the 2nd round as a #1 WR.  Too early to have an overreaction, but just observing their offense tonight and trying to see how Hill will ever have a high volume game. 

Hill got injured in that first game last year, then Watkins went off for 3 td’s.

i think the biggest concern for the KC passing game is how much they are running.  And that run game looks pretty good so far.

Hill can still catch a 7 yard pass and take it 75 yards to the house at any time, just wonder if he's going to get the targets that a #1 WR should get. 

The other think I think you have to consider is the lack of depth in the Houston secondary.  They aren't very good.  Ann's I imagine the chiefs gameplan was intentionally exploiting this.

This KC 2020 roster is really no different than last years. 

Gameplan? Now then you may a point. KC obviously was ball control/run heavy tonight... let’s see if that trend continues.

Having said that, it just wasn’t Hill’s night, yet still found the end zone in the second half. Kelce didn’t have a catch in the 2nd half, I’m not concerned.

Looks like Hill hit his mark, last season non ppr he avg 10 points per game, he had ten tonight. 

Ppr he avg 15 per game last season, and he had 15 tonight, what’s the problem? 

He is the decoy of this offense. Andy Reid loves to treat Hill as a decoy. Demarcus robinson is nothing special. Hardman is a lesser version of Hill. Watkins played well but he also disappeared after week 1 last year. Im not sure why they don't do more underneath stuff with Hill. Reid will never feature him. There's a reason why I didn't touch him in the second round. As insanely talented as I think Hill is, he will never be truly featured in this offense

Plus defenses can't afford not to bracket him. They may lose because the other receivers got lesser coverage, but they will without a doubt get burned by Hill if they try to single cover him.

In the first half, it was all Watkins and Kelce.  In the 2nd half, it was all Hill and CEH.  Reid's game plan and Mahomes' execution was perfect.  Take what the defense gives you and control the game/ball.

10 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

This KC 2020 roster is really no different than last years. 

Gameplan? Now then you may a point. KC obviously was ball control/run heavy tonight... let’s see if that trend continues.

Having said that, it just wasn’t Hill’s night, yet still found the end zone in the second half. Kelce didn’t have a catch in the 2nd half, I’m not concerned.

CEH adds another element to this team.  A guy that you can rely on 25 times to carry the rock, and played at a high level doing so in his first NFL action, is going to create a new dynamic that wasn't the same a year ago when they still won the SB.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

CEH adds another element to this team.  A guy that you can rely on 25 times to carry the rock, and played at a high level doing so in his first NFL action, is going to create a new dynamic that wasn't the same a year ago when they still won the SB.

as a dynasty ceh owner, I dont want him getting hit that many times like that. He will not last to the end of the season with those kinds of hits.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

as a dynasty ceh owner, I dont want him getting hit that many times like that. He will not last to the end of the season with those kinds of hits.

I don't see him getting 25 carries every week, even if KC is up 2 TD's in every 2H the rest of the season.  CEH is Reid's shiny new toy and he gave Clyde the baptism by fire treatment.  Those 3 straight GL carries to end the game was a test, something you would see in their preseason games, which is kinda what last night felt like but anyway... 

As TampaBay stated, they were taking what Houston was giving them and had no issue taking...

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The only reason he had 25 carries is because he couldn't punch it in the end zone.  On carries inside the 10, he had 7 rushes for -2 yards.  I remember 2 possessions inside the 5 where he got 4 or 5 (total), carries and netted 0 yards.  As a CEH owner, should concern you.  There's a chance he losses this role.

He won’t lose that role.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

He won’t lose that role.  

Pretty bold stance given the fact that he has 0 history of success.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Pretty bold stance given the fact that he has 0 history of success.

In how many nfl games? 

Wide receivers are always prone to up and down half’s and games. Same story every year when a guy doesn’t get a lot of targets in the first half people start wild theories on how guys are not part of the gameplan anymore. Just relax and realize your guy will disappear sometimes. Hill ended with a fine game.

55 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Wide receivers are always prone to up and down half’s and games. Same story every year when a guy doesn’t get a lot of targets in the first half people start wild theories on how guys are not part of the gameplan anymore. Just relax and realize your guy will disappear sometimes. Hill ended with a fine game.

Yeah there are very few receivers who had high end games every single week. He caught a td and had 15 ppr points for me. I'm happy.

20 hours ago, weepaws said:

Looks like Hill hit his mark, last season non ppr he avg 10 points per game, he had ten tonight. 

Ppr he avg 15 per game last season, and he had 15 tonight, what’s the problem? 

He’s on target. 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:28 AM, cmh6476 said:

I’m not completely disagreeing with you, but CEH didn’t show me anything better than Hunt his rookie year a few years back...

I despise Collinsworth, but agree with him in that the offensive line looked great Thurs.

And whether you go CEH 25 times, or 5 RBs @ 5 carries each (slight exaggeration to last year) that isn’t necessarily a better dynamic. As we all know, Andy wanted to see what he has to work with and committed to the run the first game.

40 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

I’m not completely disagreeing with you, but CEH didn’t show me anything better than Hunt his rookie year a few years back...

I despise Collinsworth, but agree with him in that the offensive line looked great Thurs.

And whether you go CEH 25 times, or 5 RBs @ 5 carries each (slight exaggeration to last year) that isn’t necessarily a better dynamic. As we all know, Andy wanted to see what he has to work with and committed to the run the first game.

Great except for on the goal line

23 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

The talent at RB last year wasn't first round talent.  I think that's the difference.