Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

TNF TV Ratings

Only found one projection. Where are the numbers from last night. I found two positive articles and one was on attendance. Really? Looking at last year it was 17M ish. The projection had it at 12M ish.

Those numbers better be well over 17M. Lots of people sitting home, can't go anywhere so the virus should be a net gain impact. I searched for like an hour. Nothing. WTF.

Haven't heard a peep.

So its either a non-factor in terms of the news cycle, or its being suppressed because it might tend to impugned the bullsh!t virtue signaling.

I did not watch the game at all, given the stated intent to participate in the SJW circus....

Before the game, CNN, what a surprise: https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/media/nfl-ratings-coronavirus/index.html

This season will be unlike any other, given that it's kicking off in the middle of a global pandemic and another heated presidential election. Even so, the league will likely see viewership increase yet again, according to Jay Rosenstein, a former VP of programming at CBS Sports.

Reality: In the latest TV ratings, NBC Sunday Night Football‘s Thursday-night NFL kickoff game between the Chiefs and Titans Texans averaged 17.1 million total viewers and a 5.5 demo rating in fast nationals, down about 12 percent from the preliminary numbers for last year’s season opener.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/nfl-ratings-down-season-kickoff-kansas-city-chiefs-coronavirus-houston-texans-nbc-1234575251/

That's with a larger than normal population sitting at home with nothing to do.

Hint NFL, you may want to throw it in full reverse before you smash into that wall you are heading towards. Owners aren't gonna like their financial statements do to GodellTards wokeness.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

Hint NFL, you may want to throw it in full reverse before you smash into that wall you are heading towards. Owners aren't gonna like their financial statements do to GodellTards wokeness.

But can they?  I think they have to accept this now, they cannot turn back.

Let's hope viewership continues to decline. At the very least there should be a cost to participate in a farce.

8 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Down over 16% from last years season opener. :thumbsup:

Let's hope this trend continues, and the league gets the message.

Like I said, it's gonna take the owners to say, fock you GoodellTard, you're fired after they read the financial statements coming their way.

That slimy b@stard will no doubt blame it on anything but his wokeness.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Without BLM, I would expect Championship game type numbers.   

I actually didn't mind some of the sayings on their jerseys & helmets but that one can eat sh1t.

Major victory for majority of NFL fans. The ratings dial got powered down and 99% of the kneeling stopped. Unfortunately, they still ruined the food by over virtue seasoning. Still has to go back to the kitchen.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

But can they?  I think they have to accept this now, they cannot turn back.

Let's hope viewership continues to decline. At the very least there should be a cost to participate in a farce.

They will double down and when the numbers keep dropping they will say “most nfl fans are racist!” No we aren’t. We just don’t want to see that sh1t in sports after seeing it all over the news, tv shows, movies, newspapers, social media, etc. It’s being shoved down our throats and we don’t want to see that all the time 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

They will double down and when the numbers keep dropping they will say “most nfl fans are racist!” No we aren’t. We just don’t want to see that sh1t in sports after seeing it all over the news, tv shows, movies, newspapers, social media, etc. It’s being shoved down our throats and we don’t want to see that all the time 

I don’t like being told I am the problem and I don’t know it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

That's the D way. Instead of adjusting and admitting wrong, fight it as you swirl the bowl waiting to be flushed. Trump is flushing the Ds, NFL fans are flushing the NFL woketards and GoodellTard.

15 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yeah, cause we know we are not racist, and we know this nation is not racist, and no one actually supports racism at all....ever....in any way.....so they can fock off pretending that we are involved in some way.

Instead of idiotic names on helmets or spray paint on the field, how about encouraging two parent homes? how about encouraging educational pursuits? how about stop selling to minority kids that they are somehow automatically prevented from access?

How about stopping all these lies?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If that 16 pct drop hoods  through the season that is a disaster. The television contract is up after next year, but they like to get those done before they expire. They better get those ratings up before this season is over. Any carry over next year is big, big money. Salary cap will go down significantly, costing the players a fortune.  Hard to believe the agents for these guys didn’t warn them. 

It goes beyond the TV ratings.  I can only speak for me but typically around the start of the season I'm spending money on Broncos T-shirts or a new jersey or two.  I'm not spending a dime on anything that could go in to the NFL's hands.  Fock 'em.  I know they won't miss me because there's a 5-10 year waiting list but canceling my season tix too.  I may watch football but that's the extent of my support for the NFL.  If I didn't play fantasy I may not even watch anything except some Broncos games, but I do play fantasy.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, cause we know we are not racist, and we know this nation is not racist, and no one actually supports racism at all....ever....in any way.....so they can fock off pretending that we are involved in some way.

Instead of idiotic names on helmets or spray paint on the field, how about encouraging two parent homes? how about encouraging educational pursuits? how about stop selling to minority kids that they are somehow automatically prevented from access?

How about stopping all these lies?

Because that would mean that the Dems themselves have faults. It’s much easier to blame someone else than admit their own faults. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

It goes beyond the TV ratings.  I can only speak for me but typically around the start of the season I'm spending money on Broncos T-shirts or a new jersey or two.  I'm not spending a dime on anything that could go in to the NFL's hands.  Fock 'em.  I know they won't miss me because there's a 5-10 year waiting list but canceling my season tix too.  I may watch football but that's the extent of my support for the NFL.  If I didn't play fantasy I may not even watch anything except some Broncos games, but I do play fantasy.

I am with this.  But my main money league, that has been in active action since 1988, closed this year.  We can still get together and find other reasons to share time using other activities....we do not need the NFL to have fun.  So a group of people who for over 30 years were NFL zealots are starting to walk away entirely....

I hope everyone within the NFL focking starve in the streets

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I have bought my kids a new giants shirt every year for the last seven years. Not this year. No Sunday ticket either. 

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am with this.  But my main money league, that has been in active action since 1988, closed this year.  We can still get together and find other reasons to share time using other activities....we do not need the NFL to have fun.  So a group of people who for over 30 years were NFL zealots are starting to walk away entirely....

I hope everyone within the NFL focking starve in the streets

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have bought my kids a new giants shirt every year for the last seven years. Not this year. No Sunday ticket either. 

This is me as well.   I'm usually good for a couple hundred before the season starts and then another couple throughout.  Not this year.  Didn't spend and won't spend, a penny on the NFL this year.

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The NFL was in denial then, and they are in deep denial now. Big difference between NBA fans and NFL fans. And then there’s fantasy. Less leagues , which is happening, means less viewers. Who the hell wants to watch a jaguars-  bengals game on a Thursday night besides fans of those teams and fantasy players? They are about to find out the product isn’t enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The NFL was in denial then, and they are in deep denial now. Big difference between NBA fans and NFL fans. And then there’s fantasy. Less leagues , which is happening, means less viewers. Who the hell wants to watch a jaguars-  bengals game on a Thursday night besides fans of those teams and fantasy players? They are about to find out the product isn’t enough. 

They are so focked. They can't switch gears either because all their players will be pissed at them.The players are too dumb to see what is happening.

13 minutes ago, lod001 said:

They are so focked. They can't switch gears either because all their players will be pissed at them.The players are too dumb to see what is happening.

I think they want not do it now, show the players how much it’s going to cost them, and never have to do this stuff again. Money talks. 

They can backtrack all they want. I will never watch another game or spend another dollar until they offer up a sincere apology to all of WHITE AMERICA. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lod001 said:

And then when this hits the players pay those players will cry and blame people for not accepting their bullsh!t complaints.

Nothing is ever THEIR fault, its always the rest of the world being mean to them.  My kids grew out of that mentality by the time they were like 8 or 9 years old.....

• Thanks 1

They knew it would piss of their customers. They did it anyway. No crying about the ramifications. It’s business, not a college campus. 

I'm surprised it's only 16% down to be honest. I was expecting somewhere in the 20-30 range.

1 minute ago, crackattack said:

I'm surprised it's only 16% down to be honest. I was expecting somewhere in the 20-30 range.

Right.  I think that was the NBA %, it would make sense that perhaps over the entire season it could reach that if they continue down this path.

I think the ratings will show the people that still watch will be watching less, maybe just the home team or important games later in the season. Let’s face it  the games are too long with all the reviews and crap and the commercials are unbearable. 

In the civil war, there's a pretty good chance that these super rich nfl owners become military targets for funding hate speech like BLM.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

In the civil war, there's a pretty good chance that these super rich nfl owners become military targets for funding hate speech like BLM.

I see nothing wrong with that :dunno: 

NFL finance controllers are pleading to NFL PR execs right now. De- effin-woke this shLt ASAP or people start getting shLt canned. Can't sustain a 16% loss all season. 

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

NFL finance controllers are pleading to NFL PR execs right now. De- effin-woke this shLt ASAP or people start getting shLt canned. Can't sustain a 16% loss all season. 

I think 16% is just the tip of the iceberg. Last night you had the first meaningful prime time game since the Super Bowl with the defending champs and it falls off a cliff. Sunday will be bloody for these woke pieces of shitt 

• Like 1

Down 16% from last year - lil surprising? Yes and no.

* Last nights #s bettered that of 2018's Thursday night season opener.

* About 1 million viewers watched online, those #s were not included.

* LeBron and the Lakers and the Western Conf. NHL game competed.

No doubt there was some evident Woke pushback - but not to the total degree suggested. 

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Down 16% from last year - lil surprising? Yes and no.

* Last nights #s bettered that of 2018's Thursday night season opener.

* About 1 million viewers watched online, those #s were not included.

* LeBron and the Lakers and the Western Conf. NHL game competed.

No doubt there was some evident Woke pushback - but not to the total degree suggested. 

Just about ALL bars and restaurants were closed this year, yet the numbers were lower.  These numbers needed to be significantly higher this year to make up for that.

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

Just about ALL bars and restaurants were closed this year, yet the numbers were lower.  These numbers needed to be significantly higher this year to make up for that.

Closed where? Damn near ALL opened here. You actually have to work to find one not open.