Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Sleeper defenses

2 minutes ago, track 1 said:

Who we got?  Chargers?

I kinda like the Titans signing Clowney.  They open on Monday night against an almost-rookie QB in Lock--whose top returning receiver may be out.  Then home against Jacksonville (and another JAX game Week 14).  They get Burrow and Trubisky in Weeks 7 and 8.  The only real TOP offense they play against is the Ravens...  the Packers maybe?  The Vikings?  Texans didn't look so good last night, and the Titans' 2nd game with the Texans is moot, because it's in Week 17 anyway.  Steelers, Colts, Lions, Bills, Browns, meh, nothing too scary there.

I dunno, doesn't matter, it's a DST.  If it doesn't work, trade it in for another one.

If the Eagles  count, I picked them up on draft day. 

Come Tuesday, they’ll no longer be associated with my ff team. 

Do you mean season or week 1? I’m rolling    With the Lions this week in case Trubisky goes full Mitchy, but I have no intention of holding them. I guess a true sleeper for season long, maybe the fins, they spent stupid money on their defense 

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I kinda like the Titans signing Clowney

Rolling with Tennessee in a couple of leagues. They were pretty solid late last season, including against KC and, yes, the Clowney signing sure doesn't hurt. As good as I expect Burrow to be in the NFL......don't mind betting against him in his first outing.

43 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Rolling with Tennessee in a couple of leagues. They were pretty solid late last season, including against KC and, yes, the Clowney signing sure doesn't hurt. As good as I expect Burrow to be in the NFL......don't mind betting against him in his first outing.

So you're going with the Chargers?

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So you're going with the Chargers?

In two leagues, yes. Titans in the other two.

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I kinda like the Titans signing Clowney.  They open on Monday night against an almost-rookie QB in Lock--whose top returning receiver may be out.  Then home against Jacksonville (and another JAX game Week 14).  They get Burrow and Trubisky in Weeks 7 and 8.  The only real TOP offense they play against is the Ravens...  the Packers maybe?  The Vikings?  Texans didn't look so good last night, and the Titans' 2nd game with the Texans is moot, because it's in Week 17 anyway.  Steelers, Colts, Lions, Bills, Browns, meh, nothing too scary there.

I dunno, doesn't matter, it's a DST.  If it doesn't work, trade it in for another one.

I am also rolling Tennessee this week with the added benefit that they play the Jags next week.

17 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

The Washington football team. 

I am leaning here.. against WEagles underwelming O line.. i predict an upset

23 hours ago, crackills said:

I'm rolling with the Iggle's this week, more for the pick 6 potential with Haskins rather than the score. Wouldn't surprise me that Haskins is their #1 rusher this week either.

I like TEN, but not this week. They have a CB out and a LB

The Lions, at least for this week, maybe more.

The Bears are a mess, and have a brewing QB controversy that can only be good for opposing D/ST.

It's not like they're exactly loaded with talent on offense elsewhere.

4 hours ago, RabidSeaCows said:

I'm rolling with the Iggle's this week, more for the pick 6 potential with Haskins rather than the score. Wouldn't surprise me that Haskins is their #1 rusher this week either.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:28 AM, crackills said:

Boom!  would you like that shaken or stirred?

On 9/11/2020 at 6:54 PM, weepaws said:

If the Eagles  count, I picked them up on draft day. 

Come Tuesday, they’ll no longer be associated with my ff team. 

The Washington football teams defense came to work today. 8 sacks 2 ints and 1 fumble. wow

On 9/12/2020 at 11:09 AM, kilroy69 said:

The Washington football team. 

On 9/13/2020 at 6:08 PM, kilroy69 said:

The Washington football teams defense came to work today. 8 sacks 2 ints and 1 fumble. wow

They were my highest scoring position on my squad @ 31.9

Nice call :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Browns in a couple hours. Typically ugly division game, rookie in his second game on a short week, Browns almost in a do or die situation.

I like the Rookie tonight.