Sign in to follow this  
PunkRockRedneck

Taylor vs Mack

I drafted Taylor as my 4th rb thinking he'd be taking the lead there but it now sounds like a Mack is the starter.  Anyone think this is gonna be the Mack show till the end of the season?

If Taylor is anywhere near as good as he has been advertised, and that o-line plays anywhere near as well as advertised, than he will force Mack into a small role sooner rather than later. However, Mack is not exactly a JAG....he averaged 4.4 ypc last year and 4.7 in 2018. 

That said, I am starting Taylor tomorrow in one league where I went WR heavy. Hopeful but not brimming with confidence. 

Am I crazy for starting J. Taylor, Colts RB over K. Drake, Cardinals RB? I think 49ers defense is a bit better than Jaguars. And Jacksonville tanking, it seems for 1st overall pick anyways.

10 minutes ago, RareN64Dream said:

Am I crazy for starting J. Taylor, Colts RB over K. Drake, Cardinals RB?

We don't use words like "crazy."

It would be retarded, though.

9 minutes ago, RareN64Dream said:

Am I crazy for starting J. Taylor, Colts RB over K. Drake,

As I always say....go with your gut. However, I would never dream of starting a rookie RB in a 3-way timeshare over a proven bell-cow who has smoked SF before.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PunkRockRedneck said:

I drafted Taylor as my 4th rb thinking he'd be taking the lead there but it now sounds like a Mack is the starter.  Anyone think this is gonna be the Mack show till the end of the season?

No. 

Even worst, a 50/50 split.  

1 hour ago, RareN64Dream said:

Am I crazy for starting J. Taylor, Colts RB over K. Drake, Cardinals RB? I think 49ers defense is a bit better than Jaguars. And Jacksonville tanking, it seems for 1st overall pick anyways.

Drake. 

I'm fine with starting Taylor this week. Game script should favour the Colts and see them running the ball a lot, could be a good opportunity to showcase Taylor/give him some valuable game reps.

Also something that hasn't been mentioned much but worth wondering about.. Mack often seemed to come off the field for goal line snaps at times last season in favour of Jordan Wilkins. Taylor is now easily the biggest/most powerful back, so he could see those valuable snaps inside the 5/10.

But yeah, if it's between Taylor and Drake, it's Drake.

I also drafted both Taylor and Mack.. I think Mack is the starter for the first few games of the season, and the rookie gets eased in.   Hopefully sooner than later, Taylor will overcome Mack as the starter. 

13 hours ago, PunkRockRedneck said:

If you drafted him as your rb4 then you did well. He will start out in a time share and doing mop up duties. As soon as mack gets hurt he will become the bell cow. He should get some good run today as they will be up enough to establish the run 

Mack is coming off a strong season, over 1000 yards, 8 TDs, at a solid 4.4 ypc. With no preseason games, it's very difficult to see a rookie jumping ahead of that on the depth chart.

Mack didn't do much in the passing game so maybe there's some work there.

Taylor will get his chances, he just has to make the most of them or esle he's not really gonna have a lot of value

You should feel really good about having Taylor as your 4th RB. However, I would play Drake over him this week as you see how things play out in Indi.

And the first TD of the year goes to neither, lol

Nyheim Hines gets the carries, scores the TD

Mack carted off field on non-contact injury, received while attempting to cut. 

MRI will tell the tale, but could really boost Taylor's value moving forward....not to mention Nyheim

14 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Mack carted off field on non-contact injury, received while attempting to cut.

Those are never good.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Colts fear Marlon Mack tore his Achilles' in Week 1 against the Jaguars.

Advice: Mack was initially carted off with a non-contact injury while attempting to turn upfield following a short-yardage reception. He was replaced by Jonathan Taylor, with Nyheim Hines (surprisingly) soaking up red zone work ahead of both. Assuming this report is correct, Hines will be one of Week 2's hottest pickups off waivers.

Well I was on record predicting greatness for JT, but I figured it would take a few weeks. Guess it took 1 game. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Mr. Mack. Kind of sucks..

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Colts fear Marlon Mack tore his Achilles' in Week 1 against the Jaguars.

Advice: Mack was initially carted off with a non-contact injury while attempting to turn upfield following a short-yardage reception. He was replaced by Jonathan Taylor, with Nyheim Hines (surprisingly) soaking up red zone work ahead of both. Assuming this report is correct, Hines will be one of Week 2's hottest pickups off waivers.

Oh man that’s sad, yeah move Taylor and Hines up. 

Wow what a horrible injury. 

I ended up looking at thread too late for all your replies. Thanks regardless haha. It ended up being 13 points for Drake, 11 for Taylor. Didn't affect anything in my two matchups, anyways. I don't feel crazy, but I would have felt like that somewhat; if I started Kerryon Johnson and his 1 point on 7 carries.