Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Ps2 emulation on android

So I got me a fancy new android tablet. Have a Ps4 controller lying around. Figured I'd throw an emulator on there and have some games to play, especially when I travel (if I'm ever allowed to again.)

I got a ps1 emulator up and running pretty easily. But the graphics and stuff on games that old blow. I've tried to install a ps2 emulator, but not having a great deal of luck.

I know there's some techy geeks around here. Anyone know how to do this and can explain to me like I'm an idiot?

Ps3 or even 4 would be great too, although I'm told 4 doesn't really exist.

The sub on reddit won't let me ask because of their piracy rule. As if 100% of emulation isn't piracy by nature.

Anyway, I have a Samsung galaxy tab s6 if that matters.

This is a good idea, I should look into it myself. Take a friend that speaks Chinese and go to the computer market. They never broke the PS4 code so you can't get any PS4 pirated games.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

This is a good idea, I should look into it myself. Take a friend that speaks Chinese and go to the computer market. They never broke the PS4 code so you can't get any PS4 pirated games.

I am now told by the reddit nerds that there is not a good ps2 emulator for android, let alone ps3 or 4. Wii, GameCube, and ps1 is about it. Wii might be bearable. Ps1 is unplayable its just too archaic.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I got a switch lite from a local seller. Think I paid ¥1800 for it. It's been a nice purchase to screw around at home a little bit and in the office. Will be great on long flights. I can send you the guys wechat if you like. He also sells Ps4, Xbox, and full switch. I've bought stuff from him for years, he's good. He sells import consoles so you aren't software chinked.

Can you explain more, please. I don't know what a switch lite or full switch is.

Honestly what I want is to go to a gym where I can ride a stationary bike for a few hours and play some Madden.  I wonder if they'd let me bring a laptop and monitor and set it up.  I'd have to use an emulator I guess.

17 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Can you explain more, please. I don't know what a switch lite or full switch is.

The switch is a handheld console that you can put into a dock and play on the TV.

The switch lite is also a nintendo switch, but it is handheld play only. A little cheaper.

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The switch is a handheld console that you can put into a dock and play on the TV.

The switch lite is also a nintendo switch, but it is handheld play only. A little cheaper.

Thanks, I should look into that. Are games easy to get? And you say that your switch lite plays PS1 games that you don't like very much, and the purpose of this thread was to find better options?

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Thanks, I should look into that. Are games easy to get? And you say that your switch lite plays PS1 games that you don't like very much, and the purpose of this thread was to find better options?

No. My tablet can play ps1 games. My switch plays switch games. You can either order them from the guy, or buy online credit from him and buy them there.

I have never used an android for emulation, not have I ever emulated a ps2.

I do have a snes, nes, n64, and genesis emulator installed on my modded wii with over 5000+ games. 

I did a quick Google search and it looks like neither the ps2 or original xbox are easily emulated for different reasons.

Your best bet may be the wii, not the best game library for a tablet though.

I could be wrong and am hardly an expert.

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

No. My tablet can play ps1 games. My switch plays switch games. You can either order them from the guy, or buy online credit from him and buy them there.

And what are switch games?

Also, I wouldn't mind playing PS1 games. FF7 and 8 were pretty good as I recall, wouldn't mind playing those again. I'll have to look into all this. 

Just now, Voltaire said:

Also, I wouldn't mind playing PS1 games. FF7 and 8 were pretty good as I recall, wouldn't mind playing those again. I'll have to look into all this. 

Switch games are modern games made for that console. They have some very good ones. I especially recommend Zelda breath of the wild and Witcher III.

21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I would recommend FF7 and FF8 on the android operating system rather than emulated. It would be worth the 10 dollars because it can be sped up.

Some of those old video games were slow paced by today's standards.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

I would recommend FF7 and FF8 on the android operating system rather than emulated. It would be worth the 10 dollars because it can be sped up.

Some of those old video games were slow paced by today's standards.

There was a lot of mindless farming back in the day, can we program key loops in to take away the tedium?

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

There was a lot of mindless farming back in the day, can we program key loops in to take away the tedium?

Turbo mode and disable random encounters, that is why you want the Android version and not the emulated version.