Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Breona taylor decision

13 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I get both of these rationales. Makes perfect sense.

However, it seems likely that even an innocent person who is armed might shoot if all of a sudden their door blows in.

Bro.... that no knock happens so fast... unless you are a focking wolf in that world you are sitting there thumb up your ass or laying your bed going WTF?!?!?!?!

It's like... your rig rolling in fast.... jump out the rig... run up to the door in a line... fast fast fast.....zzzooooooooooom BOOOOOM!!! DOOR!!!  HIT THAT FOCKER!!!!   GOGOGOGOGO!!! Hole house flooded... either bam bam or CLEAR!

Just now, mmmmm...beer said:

Bro.... that no knock shitbhsppens so fast... unless you are a foxking wolf in thst world you are sitting therebor kyingnin your bed going WTF?!?!?!?!

It's like..zzzooooooooooom BOOOOOM!!! DDOOR!!!  GOGOGOGOGO!!! Hole bouae flooded... either bam bam or CLEAR!

Right. My point is, a suspect, innocent or not, may be awoken from the door and be reaching for a bedside gun when they get to the bedroom, and thus become a bam bam where they otherwise wouldn't.

I mean, most guys here would probably reach for a gun if they heard their door being knocked down.

I get why it happens and it is a necessary evil, but it does seem to increase the odds of a shooting.

Most focking insane rush in the world... you can focking die!.... go go go.... don't get shot in the face...go go go!!   BOOM!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Soooo focking scarey.... and insane.... and awesome.... and addicting.  You feel so.... alive.

35 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Most focking insane rush in the world... you can focking die!.... go go go.... don't get shot in the face...go go go!!   BOOM!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Soooo focking scarey.... and insane.... and awesome.... and addicting.  You feel so.... alive.

Never did a no knock, but plenty of SWs when you know theres armed,  violent felons.  Thats an extreme "knot in your gut" feeling.  I can imagine a no knock is an adrenaline-fed blur.

43 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Right. My point is, a suspect, innocent or not, may be awoken from the door and be reaching for a bedside gun when they get to the bedroom, and thus become a bam bam where they otherwise wouldn't.

I mean, most guys here would probably reach for a gun if they heard their door being knocked down.

I get why it happens and it is a necessary evil, but it does seem to increase the odds of a shooting.

Agree, it just seems like a warrant such as that should be used in only extreme cases.    Violent offenders - murder suspect - etc.  

That’s all.  :dunno:

I’m a huge supporter of police, that doesn’t mean mistakes can’t be made and things made better.

57 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Agree, it just seems like a warrant such as that should be used in only extreme cases.    Violent offenders - murder suspect - etc.  

I’m a huge supporter of police, that doesn’t mean mistakes can’t be made and things made better.

Certainly. I'm not at all trying to bash the police. But policy can always be made better.

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Can you imagine if, in the next 12 months:

-Trump re-elected

-Breonnas "murderers" dont get arrested

-Chauvin gets off

-Atlanta cops get off

Don't forget about Kyle. Trump should invite him to the SOTU and give him the presidential medal of freedom.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Goggins said:

Don't forget about Kyle. Trump should invite him to the SOTU and give him the presidential medal of freedom.

Give Kyle his permission to take Tiffany to prom.

42 page document, reads like a cross between The Wire and The Shield

- Cops executed 3 warrants simultaneously that night.

- 2 were trap houses her ex bf who was under surveillance for months was observed at. They found weapons, drugs, cash at these houses

- 3rd was Breonna Taylor's house. Her ex bf had been filmed visiting her house and leaving with packages. Her car had been filmed at the other 2 trap houses with her and the ex bf

- A few years ago a rental car in her name was found with a dead body in the trunk, dead body was an associate/enemy of the ex bf

- Breonna bailed the ex bf out of jail on multiple occasions and posted thousands of dollars bond in cash

- jail phone records show the ex bf telling his baby momma that he had $15k at Breonna's house and she kept cash for him and "cuz"

Based on all this it is reasonable that the cops would have showed up to her apartment that night. They didn't "go to the wrong house". Breonna's name was on the warrant, along with her apartment. They were looking for cash, drugs, weapons, and the ex bf. The ex bf was still using her address as his mailing/permanent address according to bank records obtained previously.

They banged on the door. The guy Breonna was sleeping with admitted this in jail. He and Breonna were in the bedroom watching a movie. Eventually they got up to see who it was. 

At this time the cops breached the door and entered, and according to them they identified themselves prior. Breonna's f buddy fired his gun at them (one time for the nit pickers) and they returned fire. Breonna was behind him in the hallway and was hit.

You can without question say Breonna didn't deserve to die, but you can also argue that the cops were following the law and had reasonable suspicion to believe they were entering a hostile environment (based on evidence collected during the preceding investigation, based on the arrest record of her ex bf who was using that address for his bills and had been seen multiple times at the address).

If Breonna wasn't involved with her ex bf she would still be alive. If her f buddy hadn't shot at the police she would still be alive. If her and her f buddy had heard them identify themselves as police, who knows, maybe she would be here, maybe things would have gone down the exact same way. As we have witnessed many times, criminals don't always obey police when told to stand down.

I feel bad for her family and for her, she was truly a victim here, but it will be hard to convince a jury in a legal setting that the cops did anything wrong based on these facts.

Eta: document was produced by Detective Kelly Goodlett and posted on a website called Tatum Report run by a black former cop.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Certainly. I'm not at all trying to bash the police. But policy can always be made better.

This isn't a police issue.  Much like when people complain about cops being called to situations where the person is mentally ill / unstable.  These are government issues.

The best thing about doing a warrant in the projects is that you can get maintenance to turn off the water. 

I understand the argument against no-knock warrants, but I don't understand thinking the cops should be arrested.  They were doing their job in executing the warrant.  They were fired at, they fired back.  If there is "systemic racism," it would be in the system which generated the warrant.

Unfortunately that nuance is lost to the radical left.  When the officers get off, looters gonna loot, rioters gonna riot.  I presume it is raciss to observe that the first group will be mostly black, and the second group will be mostly white.  :dunno:

• Haha 1

Imagine what would've happened if they had simply knocked on the door politely wearing police uniforms? They just as easily could've been thieves coming in to loot her apartment thinking there were drugs and money inside. Perhaps she'd turned her life around and hadn't been involved with drug dude for over a year.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I understand the argument against no-knock warrants, but I don't understand thinking the cops should be arrested.  They were doing their job in executing the warrant.  They were fired at, they fired back.  If there is "systemic racism," it would be in the system which generated the warrant.

Unfortunately that nuance is lost to the radical left.  When the officers get off, looters gonna loot, rioters gonna riot.  I presume it is raciss to observe that the first group will be mostly black, and the second group will be mostly white.  :dunno:

No doubt.  Facts don’t matter.  

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

Imagine what would've happened if they had simply knocked on the door politely wearing police uniforms? They just as easily could've been thieves coming in to loot her apartment thinking there were drugs and money inside. Perhaps she'd turned her life around and hadn't been involved with drug dude for over a year.

Why did she go back to him them? He was still a drug dude. 

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

I imagine that her boyfriend fires multiple gun shots through the door shooting and/or killing multiple cops.

Once again guys, I have not read any article on this story. I just heard a recording of the boyfriend calling 911. Why would he call 911 if he thought they were the police??

I am trying to keep my sanity. I am not at home teleworking fearing Covid-19, Antifa, BLM or Liberals. I am also not home waiting to hear the next evil thing CNN says the police, Trump or the Republicans are doing. I'm completely over the news which I believe just wants eyes watching them at all times. How much money are these news companies making? It's all about stirring up unnecessary fear. I'm over it!!

11 minutes ago, peenie said:

Imagine what would've happened if they had simply knocked on the door politely wearing police uniforms? 

Would you answer the door if you were a drug thug?  

Since you dont get the facts of stories before you post here, maybe you should just come here and ask for the facts before forming your opinion.  We will provide truthful links and not lead you astray.

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

I wonder in which of his homes he wrote the words "Imagine no possessions"?

"I hope some day you will join us" :lol:

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I wonder in which of his homes he wrote the words "Imagine no possessions"?

Lennon was an admitted woman beater. 

12 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Would you answer the door if you were a drug thug?  

But her boyfriend at the time was not a drug thug.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lennon was an admitted woman beater. 

"I hope some day you will join us" :blink:

In a Playboy interview in 1980, preceding the release of his last album, when discussing the song “Getting Better,” Lennon admitted to abusing his ex-wife Cynthia Lennon, seemingly without much thought.

“(The song) is a diary form of writing. All that ‘I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved’ was me. I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically… any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn’t express myself and I hit."

12 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Pretty good case to get rid of them

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

By your own admission you haven't read ONE thing about this case, but somehow you know the above as fact?  🤣

Just now, Strike said:

By your own admission you haven't read ONE thing about this case, but somehow you know the above as fact?  🤣

Because back when I posted the YouTube video that had the 911 audio recording I knew that he was not the one they were looking for...

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

Because back when I posted the YouTube video that had the 911 audio recording I knew that he was not the one they were looking for...

Yeah ok.  We'll see.  The BEST case scenario is that she broke up with the drug guy recently.  It's not like she'd been separated from him for a year.   But, unlike you, I'll wait for all the details to come out before passing judgment.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, peenie said:

Uh...dude was receiving drugs via mail at her address.  You can call their relationship whatever u want.  The fact is her address was being used in drug distribution. And her car was regularly driven to drug houses.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah ok.  We'll see.  The BEST case scenario is that she broke up with the drug guy recently.  It's not like she'd been separated from him for a year.   But, unlike you, I'll wait for all the details to come out before passing judgment.

:nono: Emotions matter more than facts.

23 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

"I hope some day you will join us" :blink:

In a Playboy interview in 1980, preceding the release of his last album, when discussing the song “Getting Better,” Lennon admitted to abusing his ex-wife Cynthia Lennon, seemingly without much thought.

“(The song) is a diary form of writing. All that ‘I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved’ was me. I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically… any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn’t express myself and I hit."

Yet leftists don’t care when statues of men that fought and died for the union are destroyed. They want to do away with the Star Spangled Banner yet sing Lennon’s song in unison. Proof they are hypocrites and liars. 

I spent the majority of my life in drug infested areas and me more than any of you want to see illegal drugs eradicated from all areas, especially where gun violence is involved. However, as an innocent law abiding citizen, I don't want my door beaten down by plain clothes men and me end up dying while I'm trying to protect my home. Innocent people shouldn't die while police officers are trying to apprehend drugs dealers, drugs or money.

Brett Hankison, was fired after it was determined that he fired 10 shots “blindly” into Taylor’s apartment from outside (through the patio door not front door).

1 minute ago, peenie said:

I spent the majority of my life in drug infested areas and me more than any of you want to see illegal drugs eradicated from all areas, especially where gun violence is involved. However, as an innocent law abiding citizen, I don't want my door beaten down by plain clothes men and me end up dying while I'm trying to protect my home. Innocent people shouldn't die while police officers are trying to apprehend drugs dealers, drugs or money.

Was this before or after you went to a nice, private school and college?

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Was this before or after you went to a nice, private school and college?

During

Just because you live in poverty doesn't mean you are involved with crime.

This thread is deleted.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

During

Just because you live in poverty doesn't mean you are involved with crime.

This thread is deleted.

You'll have to excuse me for not having that much sympathy for someone who's family chose to live in a cesspool when they clearly didn't have to.  in the case of Breona, what are you saying?  By all accounts she had a decent job.  Did she live in a poor, drug infested area?  And saying she was innocent is a stretch.  We don't know that.

They had connections to the drug ring, he fired first, there was a shootout, she was collateral damage. It happens. They did not “hunt her down because she was black and kill her in her sleep.”

The thing that bugs me about the whole hunting black people down narrative is how bad do they think people are at hunting.  If it was a case of just hunting people down, there would be 1000's of people dying everyday.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

The thing that bugs me about the whole hunting black people down narrative is how bad do they think people are at hunting.  If it was a case of just hunting people down, there would be 1000's of people dying everyday.

Black people already have that skill mastered. Cops need to learn from them.