Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Breona taylor decision

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

That's not the definition of racism any more.  It's if you have any bias at all.  For instance, if you see someone's name is John O'Brien and you assume that he's white, you're racist.  

That's not racist, that is a stereotype or making a generalization.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s really is nuts though. It’s black males between 18-35 last I looked. the ages may have been adjusted, but the basic stat holds. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know your stat is true, but the really crazy part is the majority of that 13 pct aren’t doing the crimes. It’s actually 1-2 pct of the overall population responsible for half the crime. 

I would say 2%-4% are still actively participating in crime and the ones out of the age bracket mentioned above were likely criminals in their younger days. That meme is also kind of old now, it's surely gotten much worse.

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think we might need more time to allow information to come out.

It seems that too often the initial, and then too the follow up, information is not true when it comes to how the media works these.

For sure.  I chose that article because it specifies the two places she was currently working.  I'd like to think that if people were mentioning places by name and she didn't work there those places would speak up and say that.  It's a pretty minor part of this story anyways.  She had no criminal record. 

29 minutes ago, peenie said:

That's not racist, that is a stereotype or making a generalization.

Agree.  There is a definition.

Unfortunately the simple definition does not allow for minority groups to act in a racist manner, so the definition was "revised" to suggest that its based on "power" which then allows minority groups to be as racist as they please.

I don't subscribe to the "new" definitions either.

1 hour ago, Meglamaniac said:

Haven't you heard, no lives matter until black lives matter

You know, I saw that on a commercial a while back and thought, oh boy, here we go.

3 hours ago, drobeski said:

have Honcho and Peenie stopped in and admitted they were wrong again on this one too ? 

Sure, I'll admit I'm wrong, bump my incorrect post...and if can't find one, will you admit your wrong?

On 9/13/2020 at 7:34 PM, Mike Honcho said:

If this is true--yes, when someone breaks through your door, you get the right to defend yourself.  

So then it is acceptable to hold a weapon, not even fire it.....just hold it...., while you are in/on your own property if you feel threatened, right?

8 minutes ago, posty said:

I am still waiting for @peenie to answer if she likes or hates Trump's policies...

The only thing I hate about Trump's policies is the building of the wall.

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

So using the method that Democrats used when Obama was the president, you are racist...

If you remember, any time someone disagreed with a policy that Obama had, they were immediately tagged a racist...  Since you dislike one of his policies and since you are black, you are a racist as well...

Also I have said in the past, that the word "racist/racism" does not mean anything any more because the word is thrown around all the time...  I know you know that disagreeing with a policy isn't racism just because Trump is white and you are black, but that word is thrown around like crazy against whites...  We dislike a policy thrown forward by a black politician, we are racists...  We think BLM is a terrorist organization because there is a lot of looting/rioting in the protests, we are racists...

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Anyone know if boyfriends firearm was legal or illegal?

Lebron investigating,  stay tuned

30 minutes ago, RLLD said:

So then it is acceptable to hold a weapon, not even fire it.....just hold it...., while you are in/on your own property if you feel threatened, right?

Yes(can't wait for whatever St Louis couple false equivalence you are about to make). And how does this prove me wrong...if my above post is what prompted this reply?

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Anyone know if boyfriends firearm was legal or illegal?

Really? Are you searching for a reason to make the shooting of his girlfriend okay? Why don't you look it up. He wasn't a criminal. She wasn't a criminal. They were asleep like most normal people at that hour. It was wrong what happened and no amount of twisting up the facts will change it.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, peenie said:

Do you lock your door to your house/apartment at night or when you're not home?

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

Really? Are you searching for a reason to make the shooting of his girlfriend okay? Why don't you look it up. He wasn't a criminal. She wasn't a criminal. They were asleep like most normal people at that hour. It was wrong what happened and no amount of twisting up the facts will change it.

If boyfriend doesn't shoot at cops GF is alive today.  Fact!

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

Its was HIS fault. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Do you lock your door to your house/apartment at night or when you're not home?

I feel the wildlife will be negatively impacted by the wall.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Thats a pretty mean and nasty way to talk about South Americans 

• Haha 2

Just now, drobeski said:

Its was HIS fault. 

You know Drobe….you may be correct. I just read an article that stated that he really did shoot through the damn door. I thought you all were making that up. Okay, y'all are right. I was wrong. See, this is why I don't follow these cases. See how upset I was? Now I'm going to try to get some work done. Bye! :wave:

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

Based upon what?   And just out of curiosity, what do you think about wind power as an alternative to fossil fuels?

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Thats a pretty mean and nasty way to talk about South Americans 

First of all, I was referring to the actual animals and not South Americans. You might need to look at a map because I believe the wall is supposed to prevent North Americans from illegally entering our country.

Just now, Strike said:

Based upon what? 

The wall preventing wildlife from crossing the areas they usually cross. Look it up.

Just now, peenie said:

The wall preventing wildlife from crossing the areas they usually cross. Look it up.

So what do you think about wind power?

Just cuz it’s fun to present facts and repeat them. Legal no knock warrant with her name on it, police identified themselves, thug boyfriend shot first, she was killed in the retaliation. A tragic but justified series of events. 

• Thanks 1

Is this the thread where some idiot said shooting a gun once isn't a shooting? That was hilarious. Imagine being that clown. Seriously though, imagine it..

🤣

10 minutes ago, peenie said:

No it was a question.  Calm the f down.  

Just now, Reality said:

Is this the thread where some idiot said shooting a gun once isn't a shooting? That was hilarious. Imagine being that clown. Seriously though, imagine it..

🤣

Its just a shoot 🤣

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

You mean like windmills? I don't know much about it at all.

The wall and it's negative impact on wildlife

Well, you should look up the impact wind power has on wildlife if you really do care about wildlife.  Your article sure uses the words "could" and "potential"  a lot.  It seems very light on actual facts regarding what WOULD happen.  But we make those tradeoffs all the time.  Our cities wouldn't exist but for their negative impact on wildlife.  There is a cost/benefit analysis we have to do every time we build a highway or any other construction project.  Most projects have to be approved, and part of that approval process is analyzing that cost/benefit so I would assume we've had that discussion regarding the wall. 

You never answered my question.  Do you lock your door to your house/apartment?  Why do you avoid answering questions?

You all are insensitive. There needs to be changes so in the future innocent lives are not lost while police are trying to apprehend legitimate criminals.

I think that maybe they should look at the black man first on disrespecting black women...

Just now, Strike said:

Well, you should look up the impact wind power has on wildlife if you really do care about wildlife.  Your article sure uses the words "could" and "potential"  a lot.  It seems very light on actual facts regarding what WOULD happen.  But we make those tradeoffs all the time.  Our cities wouldn't exist but for their negative impact on wildlife.  There is a cost/benefit analysis we have to do every time we build a highway or any other construction project.  Most projects have to be approved, and part of that approval process is analyzing that cost/benefit so I would assume we've had that discussion regarding the wall. 

You never answered my question.  Do you lock your door to your house/apartment?  Why do you avoid answering questions?

Of course I do and I certainly understand trying to protect our boarders. I just wish there was a better way.

Just now, peenie said:

You all are insensitive. There needs to be changes so in the future innocent lives are not lost while police are trying to apprehend legitimate criminals.

Rand Paul introduced a bill in congress to outlaw no knock warrants.  He was mobbed by protestors the day after while leaving the white house and might be dead but for the Washington D.C. PD.  Yeah, they really want change :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, posty said:
I think that maybe they should look at the black man first on disrespecting black women...

Amen, no truer words have been stated.

• Thanks 1

Just now, peenie said:

Of course I do and I certainly understand trying to protect our boarders. I just wish there was a better way.

I proposed landmines once, and it got me a 30 day suspensions over at Antifaguys.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yes(can't wait for whatever St Louis couple false equivalence you are about to make). And how does this prove me wrong...if my above post is what prompted this reply?

I postulate that no matter what I use you will declare it a false equivalency, its the standard backpedal once leftist logic is drawn out into the light of day....

Still, why did the local DA want to charge these folks with a crime? https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/couple-draw-guns-at-crowd-heading-to-st-louis-mayors-home

Moreover, I noted that the cops who was charged faced "wanton endangerment" for firing into the apartment without regard, but the first shot fired from the criminal inside was a through a door without regard as well.....where are HIS charges?  Since they both did essentially the same thing?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I postulate that no matter what I use you will declare it a false equivalency, its the standard backpedal once leftist logic is drawn out into the light of day....

Still, why did the local DA want to charge these folks with a crime? https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/couple-draw-guns-at-crowd-heading-to-st-louis-mayors-home

Moreover, I noted that the cops who was charged faced "wanton endangerment" for firing into the apartment without regard, but the first shot fired from the criminal inside was a through a door without regard as well.....where are HIS charges?  Since they both did essentially the same thing?

I haven't said anything about the people from St Louis other than they were charged...so I'm trying to figure out WTF logic you are using even brining it up to me, since it has nothing to do with my logic.

Anything else you want to throw up against the wall?