Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

The Official Week 1 FU Thread

New year, same luck.

FU to my WRs that are so fragile they can't even make it to week 1.  Golloday, Evans, and Samuel.  Fock all of you

FU DK Metcalf.  Thanks for the 1 grab.

FU Dalvin Cook.  Yeah a TD.  Otherwise, Mattison is making you look silly

FU Adam 'big year' Thielen.  I shoulda known this no-talent flash in the pan would suck again

(Bad) luck of the draw:

Playing against Wilson in 3 of 4 leagues this week. Fortunately, I have LJ to blunt the damage a bit, but give me a break.

13 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Some things I"m not liking so far: 

CMac not involved much in the passing game.

Minnesota, despite being blown out, doesn't even try to have a passing game.  

CMac is doing pretty well in the running game at least.

He's not doing so bad for a RB in the passing game, 3 catches, 38 yards, just down for him

Hard to win when you face Jacobs and Cook in one league alone.

Players I'm facing multiple times this week: Jacobs, Thielen, Metcalf. ALL deserve a BIG ole FU!!!

1 hour ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

New year, same luck.

FU to my WRs that are so fragile they can't even make it to week 1.  Golloday, Evans, and Samuel.  Fock all of you

FU DK Metcalf.  Thanks for the 1 grab.

FU Dalvin Cook.  Yeah a TD.  Otherwise, Mattison is making you look silly

FU Adam 'big year' Thielen.  I shoulda known this no-talent flash in the pan would suck again

Thanks for giving Thielen a push👍

41 minutes ago, Law said:

Hard to win when you face Jacobs and Cook in one league alone.

Players I'm facing multiple times this week: Jacobs, Thielen, Metcalf. ALL deserve a BIG ole FU!!!

In just one league I'm going against Lamar, Cook, Mostert, and Adams.  lol.  

And my bad guys.  Michael Thomas catches 200 balls every year, so I took him 9th overall.  Naturally he doesn't even get targeted now.  

I think a f-you is in order for those people that told you the Bucs would be good with an old, washed up QB.  😂

• Haha 1

Let me add Kamara to my opponents with multiple TDs.

I waited all off-season for this?????

1 hour ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Michael Thomas

Maybe Brees is getting a little payback of his own on Thomas. Remember, Thomas was the first teammate to come out openly on Twitter and call Brees out for his initial comments supporting the Pledge of Allegiance. 

I was just about to post something about Emmanuel Sanders being the antichrist... but thanks for the late TD

30 minutes ago, bmeadows said:

FU Gronk! 2 catches for 11 yards!

I’m not judging you at all, but I’m just asking you a question, he sat out last season, and last we saw him, he wasn’t Gronk like he once was, so I’m just simply asking you a question, what did you expect? 

- Ekeler as my #1 RB because I got screwed by the newbie in my league who grabbed CEH ahead of me

- Blake Jarwin is done, all my hopes now rest on Ebron at TE

- Boston Scott

- Cards D for allowing Mostert to get that 70+ yd TD

Scott and McLaurin

Gut told me to bench McLaurin against Slay and start Anthony Miller, just couldn’t do it week 1.

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’m not judging you at all, but I’m just asking you a question, he sat out last season, and last we saw him, he wasn’t Gronk like he once was, so I’m just simply asking you a question, what did you expect? 

Understood WeePaws. I guess I didn’t think it through. It was wishful thinking. Hopefully it will change for the better. 

43 minutes ago, BufordT said:

FU Barkley. Act like you care 

Act ,like he cares? He's hurdled two guys on different plays in the first half alone...

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Act ,like he cares? He's hurdled two guys on different plays in the first half alone...

If he cared he run through them, put that in your pipe and smoke it 

1 minute ago, BufordT said:

If he cared he run through them, put that in your pipe and smoke it 

James Conner? Looks like, despite all of the Tomlin talk about him being "our workhorse", that Snell is gonna take his job.

James Conner has to be the biggest puzzy in the history of the league.  FU.  Retire already you vag

Sooo, my big money league:  Conner, Mack, Michael Thomas, Golloday.  Good times

1 minute ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Sooo, my big money league:  Conner, Mack, Michael Thomas, Golloday. 

That's rough...legitimately

28 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Sooo, my big money league:  Conner, Mack, Michael Thomas, Golloday.  Good times

Going Zero RB has kind of jumped the shark, but going zero WR at the same time makes it a bold and refreshing strategy!

Good luck!

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

How many points do you earn for hurdles in your league?

His 1.02 ADP this season made no sense to me. People quickly forgot, he BUST last season.

I took Zeke 2nd, with no ragerts.

• Like 1

Ah, the thread unlike any other.   

FU to John Harbaugh for giving J.K. Dobbins the red zone work instead of Mark Ingram.  

I own both, but come on!!    Ingram scored 15 TDs last year for God's Sake.   Having said all of this, if Dobbins takes the lead role he can be a league-winner.   

Could have started Tannehill over Brees, David Johnson over Saquon Barkley, Marquise Brown over Terry McLaurin (Had Brown in, then changed mind). Vikings defense in all 3 of my money leagues 0 points total. 0-2 by 4.5 total points in that keeper league. Also that league I have kicker- Ka'imi Fairbairn, he got me 0 points. Other keeper league I went 0-2, could have started Calvin Ridley over Michael Thomas and got 27 extra points. Stephen Gostkowski is my kicker in that one; drafted him thinking he was still starting for Patriots haha. -4 points, lost one match up 95 to 100. Other one, lost 95 to 147.5 lol wtf. Le'Veon Bell got me 5 points and Miles Sanders sat on the bench. Wondering if it is worth keeping Jalen Hurts, QB Eagles; I could have him for next 4 years pretty much, depending on how I value him/if he is getting any playing time.

11 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

Could have started Tannehill over Brees, David Johnson over Saquon Barkley, Marquise Brown over Terry McLaurin (Had Brown in, then changed mind). Vikings defense in all 3 of my money leagues 0 points total. 0-2 by 4.5 total points in that keeper league. Also that league I have kicker- Ka'imi Fairbairn, he got me 0 points. Other keeper league I went 0-2, could have started Calvin Ridley over Michael Thomas and got 27 extra points. Stephen Gostkowski is my kicker in that one; drafted him thinking he was still starting for Patriots haha. -4 points, lost one match up 95 to 100. Other one, lost 95 to 147.5 lol wtf. Le'Veon Bell got me 5 points and Miles Sanders sat on the bench. Wondering if it is worth keeping Jalen Hurts, QB Eagles; I could have him for next 4 years pretty much, depending on how I value him/if he is getting any playing time.

Refreshingly honest post, yet quite depressing.

19 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

That's rough, but let's face it, you are never benching Saquon or Thomas - sometimes you just gotta take the bad luck and accept it wasn't your week. 

I would love to know who your WR2/RB2 was that you weren't starting Ridley or DJ though.

TE count as WR in these leagues. I got Travis Kelce, George Kittle, Zach Ertz, DeAndre Hopkins and AJ Green as my WR options in my Auction haha. Wondering if I should start my new pickup Nyheim Hines or Miles Sanders in Week 2. I dropped Larry Fitzgerald, most likely wasn't going to keep him next year in 8th round and I wasn't going to start him much anyways.. Instead, of maybe dropping Jalen Hurts, QB, can keep in the 10th for '21. Le'Veon Bell being out for like 3 weeks and Sanders recent injury is why I picked up Hines.