Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

I started Aaron Rodgers

Who else joined me in this unexpected blissful experience? My logic was he is great and on an FU tour....

How come you didn’t start him at 10 am? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

How come you didn’t start him at 10 am? 

Because I live in the eastern time zone so I started him at 1pm

5 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

Rodgers was my late round QB pick in every league.

same with Mostert.

How could Mostert be your late round QB pick in every league if Rogers was?

Hindsight posts are the best.  And they're always so positive.  Rarely do you get a "I started Goff.  Who else did and totally got screwed" post.  Everyone just mentions their successes. Good times.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Hindsight posts are the best.  And they're always so positive.  Rarely do you get a "I started Goff.  Who else did and totally got screwed" post.  Everyone just mentions their successes. Good times.

You may have missed the "F.U." threads...

He's my QB1 since I didn't select a QB until round 8 in my 12 team league. Maybe I haven't been following him very much over the past few years because this is the first time I've drafted him, but how was he not a top 12 QB even at this stage of his career? He's got  a top 5 WR and a solid running game. I guess I just didn't understand how he fell so low in the rankings. 

Not expecting him to throw for 300+ and 4 TDs a game, but no reason he's not a top 12 QB this year. 

7 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

He's my QB1 since I didn't select a QB until round 8 in my 12 team league. Maybe I haven't been following him very much over the past few years because this is the first time I've drafted him, but how was he not a top 12 QB even at this stage of his career? He's got  a top 5 WR and a solid running game. I guess I just didn't understand how he fell so low in the rankings. 

Not expecting him to throw for 300+ and 4 TDs a game, but no reason he's not a top 12 QB this year. 

It's because after the top 5 QBs or so, the next 12 all score about the same amount of points.  So being a "top 12" QB is kind of a random affair already, and the perception that the Packers were moving from a pass-first team to a run-first team is enough of a ding to knock Rodgers out of the top 12 projections.

Makes sense, I agree - after the top 5 they're all kind of the same fantasy point-wise. Just shocked that he was ranked as low as 14 or 15 on many ranking sheets. 

21 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Indeed I did not because there aren't any.

You missed it. 

Did not see it on either of the first 2 pages.  

Anyway, my point stands about "Hindsight" posts.  It is fun to read message boards and guys either lie or post things to look good......as if it matters if we impress the other nerds posting on a FF forum board.  I've lost count of how many times guys say things like "good thing I decided last second to keep him in my lineup" or "lucky for me I chose to sit him".  I always wonder if they're lying.  Whether they are or not, what is the point of sharing?  None of us cares about the other people's teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Anyway, my point stands about "Hindsight" posts.  It is fun to read message boards and guys either lie or post things to look good......as if it matters if we impress the other nerds posting on a FF forum board.  I've lost count of how many times guys say things like "good thing I decided last second to keep him in my lineup" or "lucky for me I chose to sit him".  I always wonder if they're lying.  Whether they are or not, what is the point of sharing?  None of us cares about the other people's teams.

I dunno; I'm interested when it's interesting--and it's always fun to hear how Axe Elf saved someone's season or something.

"Good thing I listened to Axe Elf!" will always be a welcome comment.

4 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

As the OP of this thread, my intention wasn't to impress anyone, but rather to gather together in unity and harmony all the A-rod owners, who started him this week, and to bask as one in the glow of unexpected 'found money'...

11 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I look forward to the “Who’s 3-0?” posts here in a couple weeks.

21 hours ago, AxeElf said:

How could Mostert be your late round QB pick in every league if Rogers was?

Rogers wasn't.   It was Rodgers. The Green Bay Packer.

3 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

Rogers wasn't.   It was Rodgers. The Green Bay Packer.

How could Mostert be your late round QB pick in every league if Rodgers was?

Oh okay.  Sorry buddy.  I thought you meant Rogers the TE.  Didn’t he retire? 

Rodgers the QB that plays for the packers was picked in the 10th 

Mostert the RB that plays for the 49ers was picked in the 6th 

I hope that helps you. 

32 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

Oh okay.  Sorry buddy.  I thought you meant Rogers the TE.  Didn’t he retire? 

Rodgers the QB that plays for the packers was picked in the 10th 

Mostert the RB that plays for the 49ers was picked in the 6th 

I hope that helps you. 

Never mind.

49 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

gotcha!

It apparently zoomed right past you, but it's not worth pursuing.

OP is now out 2-3 weeks with a severally dislocated shoulder from patting himself on the back.

Where are we as a society when one of the best QBs in history has a good game and it’s somehow surprising news?

Where?