Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Lions

Maybe they shouldn’t have taken an SJW day? They need the practice. 

Didn't watch and not surprised as some things never change. This is always their story. Sounds very Scott Mitchell-esque.

The Lions are now dead to me until Matt Stafford is no longer our QB and likely forever. It wouldn't surprise me if we have the most woke team in the NFL, led by a Communist traitor Colin Kaepernick-wannabe in Matt Stafford.  A bunch of sh*tbag Lions returned to the tunnels for the national anthem, but not our QB and team leader, no, he knelt. He is the most talented QB we've had in my lifetime but done and done with him. 

Props to the majority of the team that did stand but it feels permanent, the divorce is final and official. This team is brimming with trash anti-American scum. They can not/will not be rooted for. The NFL in general I'll leave the door open for next season but not the woke-ass Lions. Fock them. A team like KC had everybody standing but one, that's salvageable, almost admirable in this environment. Meanwhile look at these focking clowns. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vuduchile said:

WTF happened?  

Who cares. I'm in the market for a new favorite team if I return to the NFL at all. I won't cheer the wokest team in the league. No focking way.  Fock the Lions. Permanently. Go relocate to Portland or NYC or California. I hear there are openings in Oakland and San Diego. Lots of communist to root for you there. Fock off.

This is more embarassing than Matt Millen, 0-16, and Scott Mitchell. LEAVE. You do not represent the people of Michigan at all. Scum.

You can give Swift a hard time for dropping that pass, but the real "Lions being Lions" was throwing that interception downfield while nursing their lead.  Aye carumba.  🤪

4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Cursed man.  Simply cursed. Flush the whole thing

Same ole, Same ole.  Lions are cursed.  Doesn't help they had the worst pass rush in the league last year and somehow it got worse.

I texted cdub and he had no clue what was happening.  He's given up as well.

I didn't watch a snap.  Fock em.  I hope they lose every game.  Not even for the BLM nonsense but just for being so less than mediocre for so long.  Piss off.

What a great game! The lions also got away with holding Robinsons left arm in the end zone when Mitch made a perfect throw. Robinson makes that catch if he wasnt interfered with. At least it should have been called a PI.

I actually started Mitch in one league

11 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

How does a guy get that wide open, then drop an easy pass. Ooof.

Cursed I say...Cursed

9 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Still curious as to what happened 

Up 23-6 in the 4th quarter.   Give up 21 unanswered.   Get ball back in with about  a minute and change left with 2 TO's.

March down the field.  Third down Stafford tosses a pass to Swift who is WIDE OPEN in the end zone.  Swift drops it.  Ran one more play..nothing.  Game over.

They were up something like 24-6 over Arizona last year in the first game and blew that one too.  Good stuff

Pencil beard is in his 3rd season, they must be what 20 and 12 the last 2 seasons?

Lions should really gut the thing and start over.  Stafford isnt that bad but they have seen him through.  Fire the coach.  Draft a QB high.  Accumulate talent.  They have spun their wheels.

23 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lions should really gut the thing and start over.  Stafford isnt that bad but they have seen him through.  Fire the coach.  Draft a QB high.  Accumulate talent.  They have spun their wheels.

I agree.  the entire thing needs to be dismantled.   Problem is they have inept ownership, which isn't going anywhere, so I'mnot sure eeven if they did that they could make good decisions.

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Up 23-6 in the 4th quarter.   Give up 21 unanswered.   Get ball back in with about  a minute and change left with 2 TO's.

March down the field.  Third down Stafford tosses a pass to Swift who is WIDE OPEN in the end zone.  Swift drops it.  Ran one more play..nothing.  Game over.

They were up something like 24-6 over Arizona last year in the first game and blew that one too.  Good stuff

Trying for the 55-yard FG with about 3 plus minutes to go was really really dumb.  You are up 10, being up 13 is a very marginal gain.  Pinning Chicago inside the 10 would have been much wiser move.  Instead, about 3 plays and 20 seconds later the Bears score a TD.  As good as Prater is at long kicks, it is still less than a 50/50 kick at that distance.

44 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Trying for the 55-yard FG with about 3 plus minutes to go was really really dumb.  You are up 10, being up 13 is a very marginal gain.  Pinning Chicago inside the 10 would have been much wiser move.  Instead, about 3 plays and 20 seconds later the Bears score a TD.  As good as Prater is at long kicks, it is still less than a 50/50 kick at that distance.

Eagles tried a similar move in the 2nd half.  I think they knew that they had to get those points or the tide was coning in. They didn't and it did.