Ironmen

Tampa Tom

12 hours ago, nobody said:

Yeah, the bucs thrive in cold weather...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers

While the Bucs played well in 2000 and 2001 and made the playoffs in each season, they were unable to fulfill their primary goal of a Super Bowl victory. The wild card spots that Tampa Bay earned forced them to go on the road for their postseason opener in each year, and both road games took them into frigid Philadelphia to play the Eagles. The two losses also continued an unusual losing streak for Tampa Bay: they remained winless all-time in games played when the temperature was less than 32 °F (0 °C).

https://thetandd.com/news/cold-weather-history-follows-bucs-to-nfc-title-game/article_a6780e6a-cab5-55a4-adf2-7aa761930fb8.html#:~:text=The Bucs%2C who travel to,2000%2C twice in the playoffs.

The Bucs, who travel to Philadelphia for Sunday's NFC championship game, are 1-21 in temperatures below 40. 

Never said they thrived in cold weather.  Actually, your last comment proved my point... notice the "1"?  Every year it was "the Bucs have never won when the kickoff temp was below X°, but every year that number got lower because they would eventually win a game.  The goal posts kept moving because the Bucs kept doing something that didn't fit the narrative, so the narrative had to change.  Then it became, as you stated, "they are 1-X in temp below X°".  Also, did you notice how your links are almost 20 years old?  You don't find it odd that if you do a google search on the Bucs record in cold games, there's really not much after 2003.  Little tidbit about that NFC Championship game that you so boldly noted... the temperature at kickoff was 26°.

The same is being done with Brady.  It was, "No 40 year old QB ever made it to the Super Bowl".  Then Brady did it.  So, the narrative changed. "No 41 year old QB ever made it to the Super Bowl".. then Brady did it.  So the narrative changed again.

13 hours ago, nobody said:

No one is trying to crown Brees.  Most people are saying he's washed and can't throw downfield.  And that's absolutely true.

I've heard over and over, from tv and radio people, talk about the Saints as their Super Bowl favorites.  So stop with "No one is trying to crown Brees".

13 hours ago, Ironmen said:

Yeah for sure...had I wrote:

"Looked young, fast & lucid"

Now that would be a fantasy statement.

People would think you're just nuts there... because he wouldn't look young and was NEVER fast.

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I've heard over and over, from tv and radio people, talk about the Saints as their Super Bowl favorites.  So stop with "No one is trying to crown Brees".

Well then those guys are idiots

2 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Whoa man Tampa Tom is cooked.  He's absolutely awful with the Bucs.  

Did you see how he only completed 65.8% of his passes?  He only averaged 7.8 yards per attempt.  Tampa really screwed this one up.  I mean, the guy was 3 for 7 on passes over 20 yards.  There was another one that drew a DPI for 33 yards.  Two of the 4 incompletions were drops.  Hit both guys in stride and right threw their hands.  Brady is totally done.  I mean, if he were good, he'd have caught those two passes for the WR's and put it in their hands for them.

• Haha 1

Saw the box score of that game, Evans 2 rec 2 yards and 2 tds, 12 non ppr ff points and 14 ppr ff points.  

31 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Saw the box score of that game, Evans 2 rec 2 yards and 2 tds, 12 non ppr ff points and 14 ppr ff points.  

He could have had more.  He dropped 2 that were right in his hands.  One would have been about 7 yards, but had space to turn that into about double that... maybe more.  The other was a shot in the end zone that he botched (25? yards... give or take).  He still ended up with that 2nd one though.  That's the drive where he caught his 2nd 1-yard td.

Either way he still ended up scoring good ff points.  

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Good to see Brady back.  Good for Tampa and for Fantasy purposes.  I won't be starting Minshew over Brady again, I learned my lesson.

Godwin out again.  Not good. 

On 9/13/2020 at 6:03 PM, Ironmen said:

Looked old, slow, confused.in first half.

Oh yeah...that is Brady.

This thread is aging well.  Tampa Tom stinks 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

As I said earlier in the thread, if you upset the G.O.A.T., he will come for you... Hi @Ironmen :wave:

Wow the Goat had a great game, and so did R Jones. 

Yup... he's washed up.  Weak arm.  Wasn't the team around him, it was Brady:

Tom Brady on Deep Passes (20+ Air Yards)

2016-2019
➤ 36.2% comp pct (+2.5% CPOE)

2020*
➤ 11/22, 50.0% comp pct (+13.5% CPOE)

*Brady is tied for the league-lead in deep pass completions with Russell Wilson & Aaron Rodgers (11).

Tom Brady Deep Completions & Yards per Game
Last 5 Seasons

2016: 1.5 | 56.4
2017: 1.8 | 59.4
2018: 1.0 | 33.2
2019: 1.3 | 39.7
2020: 2.8 | 102.8

18 minutes ago, nobody said:

Your thoughts?

Old man needed some rest. Bench him on short weeks.

33 minutes ago, nobody said:

Your thoughts?

I think he could have used some receivers, tonight.  And learn how to count.

I benched him this week.  Bad matchup.  I enjoyed his 5 TDs last week. 

• Remember when people were saying that the Bucs wouldn't be scoring as much with Brady than Winston (NFL)?
  • Remember when people were saying that the Brady wouldn't be scoring as much as Winston (fantasy)?
  • Remember when people were saying that the Bucs wouldn't be throwing as much with Brady than Winston (NFL)?

Yeah, me too.  Last year after 8 games, the Bucs averaged 28.75 ppg, this year, they're averaging 30.9 ppg.  Last year after 8 games, Winston averaged 20.8 fpg per game, Brady is currently averaging 21.9.  Winston averaged 38.4 pass attempts per game in the first 8 games... Brady 38.5.

After 8 games , Brady 4 ints.  Winston 12 ints. 

And both Evans and Godwin are avg 3 ff points less per game non ppr from last season. 

Brady is the Goat.  

8 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Just imagine what they'd be at if they were both healthy!  Probably both in the top 3.

Probably not. 

I think we are witnessing the GOAT implode.

or

Torch being passed...unwillingly.

Something else recently reminds me of this...just cant put my finger on it....LOL

9 minutes ago, Ironmen said:

I think we are witnessing the GOAT implode.

or

Torch being passed...unwillingly.

Something else recently reminds me of this...just cant put my finger on it....LOL

So you waited for 46 days just for a night like this one. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So you waited for 46 days just for a night like this one. 

Like I wrote around 69 days ago and you keep proving it...trolls will be trolls.

12 minutes ago, Ironmen said:

Like I wrote around 69 days ago and you keep proving it...trolls will be trolls.

46 days and now 11 min later, another post you waited to do. 

Good job. 

Thanks , always appreciate you 

On 11/3/2020 at 5:26 PM, TBayXXXVII said:
  • Remember when people were saying that the Bucs wouldn't be scoring as much with Brady than Winston (NFL)?
  • Remember when people were saying that the Brady wouldn't be scoring as much as Winston (fantasy)?
  • Remember when people were saying that the Bucs wouldn't be throwing as much with Brady than Winston (NFL)?

Yeah, me too.  Last year after 8 games, the Bucs averaged 28.75 ppg, this year, they're averaging 30.9 ppg.  Last year after 8 games, Winston averaged 20.8 fpg per game, Brady is currently averaging 21.9.  Winston averaged 38.4 pass attempts per game in the first 8 games... Brady 38.5.

Some of those scoring averages may be coming down

Interesting game plan going into tonight... they said they wanted to feed AB but he didn’t really see that many targets. Got down early and couldn’t establish the run (4 total attempts). 

On 10/4/2020 at 4:58 PM, Jarvis Basnight said:

He doesn’t stink, he and his ex coach are simply being exposed as a tad over rated and the beneficiaries of a lot of great players around them who get no credit, great coaching staffs who also get no credit and some of the eh hem " shady" tactics they’ve e deployed over the last 20 years are no longer available. Oh and the AFC East is actually competitive now versus being 6 automatic wins every year.  

This just in: football is a team sport and no single player has ever won anything by themselves and never will. Nor has a coach ever won anything just with scheming or being clever.  There are QBs in their prime I’d take over Brady in his prime and the list is longer than you think. But I "get it". ;).  I don’t use SB tally’s as the end all and nor does anyone else that understands the game. 

Brady is currently ranked 16th in total QBR, and 16th in passer rating. There are 32 teams. He is what he is, dead average... Still not bad for a 43 year old...