Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

What have we learned from week 1?

All those TDs by so many fantasy relevant players will make owners over value their guys. If other owners in leagues are similarly fooled, an opportunity for a profitable sell-high may arise...

Dobbins the rb to own with the Ravens. 

Kelley with the Chargers well lead their Rbs in rushing tds.  

Found it interesting that Murray had 3 more rush att then Kamara. 

Mostert is the real deal

Stay away from the Lions rb position. 

If Jacobs of the Raiders can stay healthy , he might finish in the top five for Rbs in ff this season. 29 touches today. 

Also found it interesting, that Mattison had just three less touches then D Cook

And Hyde had one more rush att then Carson, even though Carson had a good day in the passing game, congrats if you own him. 

And Barber scores two tds for the Redskins today. 

And Fournette was a ghost today. 

• Like 1

There was talk from the experts that Arizona would have an even distribution of targets across players.  It looks like Nook is the alpha and getting tons of targets schemed to him.

Austin Eckler doesn't totally fit with Tyrod.  One target on the entire day.  Mobile QBs don't target RBs historically.  Phillip Rivers does like to target RBs.  In PPR Hines might be a Cohen/Eckler like player.

Jax could start out 3-1.  That is not what the ownership was hoping would happen.  Trevor Lawrence in NYC.

Matt Ryan might be the QB own.  Jackson and Mahomes have good Ds to prevent shootouts.  Matt Ryan is going to have to sling it every game.

The Bucs are still the Bucs.  And the coach was the real “GOAT”, not the QB.

The Jags didn’t get the memo.

Cam isn’t done 

lots of people will be overreacting 

8 minutes ago, ST_Pete said:

About as bad as turning these forums into a political discussion...

Careful.  Mike will lock this topic.  😂

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

What have we learned from week 1?

That any player lined up against one of my teams will score - if not once or twice, three times.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

That people overreact to week 1 every single year 

Yeah I love those owners , can pick up some good value , they might toss them out.  

Jrokh is still in denial about the Browns rb situation. 

And about what a good rb like Mostert looks like.  

But it’s all about his skill lol  

Amen. 

37 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Jrokh is still in denial about the Browns rb situation. 

And about what a good rb like Mostert looks like.  

But it’s all about his skill lol  

Amen. 

How would someone who doesn’t watch football know what a good rb looks like?

Dak isn't doing much with that solid oline and all those weapons

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

How would someone who doesn’t watch football know what a good rb looks like?

I never saw Babe Ruth play baseball , but I know he was maybe the greatest ever.  

What did you base your pre draft rankings on this year, when there wasn’t any pre season games. 

1.  Info. 

2.  Info n

3.  In the end I use my own rankings, blind faith.  

Now a question for you, how is it that you watch so much nfl football, and don’t see a good rb? 

Thanks. M. 

9 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

The game was hard to watch last year with nonstop flags and commercials.  It's even worse this year with no fans and nonstop political statements.

Kind of, yeah.  The lack of fans was brutal.  Felt like a scrimmage at times.  I dunno.  Sumtin' aint right.

And yes - get ready for political speech after speech after speech.  Then, more diatribe.  The commercial frequency is high too.  Meh.  Football is almost becoming a sport that you can "watch" whilst doing other things which didnt used to be the case.  Two worthless games tonight too.  Bad teams with boring players.  Not even bothering.

12 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

The game was hard to watch last year with nonstop flags and commercials.  It's even worse this year with no fans and nonstop political statements.

Don't notice any of that watching redzone 

Only way to watch football this year is to DVR it for an hour, then use your 30 sec skip between plays to not hear the crowd noise going off at the wrong times, commercials, political commercials and recycled commentary. When you catch up at 1/2 time: REPEAT 1 hour DVR.

Warning: 30 sec skip doesn't work well for the LA Rams offense...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Don't notice any of that watching redzone 

Herd dat.

3 hours ago, RabidSeaCows said:

Only way to watch football this year is to DVR it for an hour, then use your 30 sec skip between plays to not hear the crowd noise going off at the wrong times, commercials, political commercials and recycled commentary. When you catch up at 1/2 time: REPEAT 1 hour DVR.

I do that with college games; just record them and then watch them play for play in less than an hour, instead of more than 3 hours.  I used to watch 6-8 full college games every Saturday doing that, although nowadays there aren't that many interesting games on at the same time any more.

I don't know that it's something we LEARNED in Week 1, but it was certainly confirmed that Axe Elf is the greatest fantasy football mind on the planet.

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

Dobbins the rb to own with the Ravens. 

Kelley with the Chargers well lead their Rbs in rushing tds.  

Found it interesting that Murray had 3 more rush att then Kamara. 

Mostert is the real deal

Stay away from the Lions rb position. 

If Jacobs of the Raiders can stay healthy , he might finish in the top five for Rbs in ff this season. 29 touches today. 

Also found it interesting, that Mattison had just three less touches then D Cook

And Hyde had one more rush att then Carson, even though Carson had a good day in the passing game, congrats if you own him. 

And Barber scores two tds for the Redskins today. 

And Fournette was a ghost today. 

i play in a high stakes 12 team ppr league...i have zeke and mostert with dobbins on the bench along with a couple of other rbs(pollard being one)......its  a weird league where we start 2 rbs and 4 wrs(tes and wrs are all the same) and a flex...i potentially have a good wr corps if mayfield can pull his head out of his arse...with obj, a-rob, chark, fuller, jeudy and a few others guy on the bench

i really hope youre right about dobbins...but its a bit early for me to feel super confident....it could be a case where the ravens want to give dobbins the goal line work and hes earned that role....or it could be a case where they had decided he was coming in for some carries/work and it just kind of happened....and next week it could be ingram getting those touches...it remains to be seen......its def a good sign that he held onto the ball and got the scores...but im def not jumping for joy yet...hopefully you are correct though...also worth noting ronnie stanley got hurt and i think hes is the premier LT in the league...not sure how serious yet

I learned we need to end racism.  Thanks NFL for letting me know this.  I was unaware until you told me.  Immediately after the games my wife told me that clubbing baby seals was a bad thing to do.  I am learning so much..

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I learned we need to end racism.  Thanks NFL for letting me know this.  I was unaware until you told me.  Immediately after the games my wife told me that clubbing baby seals was a bad thing to do.  I am learning so much..

apparently you hadnt been watching the NBA?!?!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobby heenan said:

i play in a high stakes 12 team ppr league...i have zeke and mostert with dobbins on the bench along with a couple of other rbs(pollard being one)......its  a weird league where we start 2 rbs and 4 wrs(tes and wrs are all the same) and a flex...i potentially have a good wr corps if mayfield can pull his head out of his arse...with obj, a-rob, chark, fuller, jeudy and a few others guy on the bench

i really hope youre right about dobbins...but its a bit early for me to feel super confident....it could be a case where the ravens want to give dobbins the goal line work and hes earned that role....or it could be a case where they had decided he was coming in for some carries/work and it just kind of happened....and next week it could be ingram getting those touches...it remains to be seen......its def a good sign that he held onto the ball and got the scores...but im def not jumping for joy yet...hopefully you are correct though...also worth noting ronnie stanley got hurt and i think hes is the premier LT in the league...not sure how serious yet

You might be right also, they have three Rbs , but all I kept reading was that Dobbins as earn more playing time, am doing I think what we saw last week could be the beginning of the better player taking over.  

But I don’t disagree, any week nfl coaches can change their approach. 

Good luck with that situation. 

Trying to not take too much away from what amounts to a preseason week. So often we see week 2 have opposite results after people etch in stone week 1s results and expect it to copy paste the rest of the season. 

Baker sucks 

giants stink 

The lions are still the lions 

Mike McCarthy blows 

jets are still a disgrace 

Pittsburgh is back 

patriots might be better 

Well, I guess we're due for the annual, "does It seem crazier and more random this season than in the past?" thread...

That one usually pops up about week 2

7 hours ago, pipeman said:

2020 is begining to normalize. The Lions gave away another huge lead and lost. 

LIons gonna Lion.