Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Dreaded High Ankle Sprain For Michael Thomas

"Had" to grab him in one 12-man redraft when he fell to me at 2.03. If this is like most high-ankles that we have seen in WR's in recent years, then we must prepare for weeks of questionable tags, as well as the prospect of him being used as a decoy. Not good....owners need to make plans.

Thomas suffered a high-ankle sprain during Sunday's 34-23 win over the Buccaneers, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Thomas reportedly believes the injury is something he can play through, so he can't yet be ruled out for next Monday's tilt in Las Vegas, but high-ankle issues have a notorious tendency to linger and curtail fantasy production. The superstar wideout was held to just three catches for 17 yards Week 1. If Thomas indeed is hampered for the near future or even forced to miss time, the Saints will count on Emmanuel Sanders and Tre'Quan Smith to pick up the slack at wide receiver.

E Sanders owners should rejoice. 

Traded Kyler and Hopkins for Dak and M. Thomas in one dynasty this summer. 

League freaked out that I had stolen big Mike.   Oh how a week changes things. :)

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not really; even in Thomas' absence last night, Sanders was only targeted 5 times, catching 3 balls for 15 yards.  Both Cook and Kamara were targeted more.  There may be a modest bump for Sanders, but Kamara is the real winner here.

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Not really; even in Thomas' absence last night, Sanders was only targeted 5 times, catching 3 balls for 15 yards.  Both Cook and Kamara were targeted more.  There may be a modest bump for Sanders, but Kamara is the real winner here.

So we agree, a modest bump is still a bump, it’s what I said.  

Keep up. 

Also that wa Sanders first game with the Saints in that system, he’ll have a bigger role going forward, he won’t dominate, but I would expect more then 5 targets   

Your welcome. 

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Kamara is the real winner here

...and by default, Lat Murray. I could see the Saints with Lat on the ground-and-pound to soften things up (even more than week 1), and Kamara catching a bunch of balls. 

Cook wins too, of course.

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So we agree, a modest bump is still a bump, it’s what I said.

Nope, you said Sanders owners should rejoice.

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Also that wa Sanders first game with the Saints in that system, he’ll have a bigger role going forward, he won’t dominate, but I would expect more then 5 targets 

Yeah, well, you expect a league cast-off to come into Tampa and become a star RB, too, so there's that.

20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, well, you expect a league cast-off to come into Tampa and become a star RB, too, so there's that.

We agree. 

2 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

If he fell to 2.03 then you drafted with idiots and should be fine.

I dunno, there are 11 owners who have healthy WR1s, and 1 who has Thomas...  so we may need a recount on the idiots.

14 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Word he was walking around fine after the game.

True...but that is not unusual for a high ankle sprain. Running and cutting is usually the issue.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Kamara owners are going to feast in his absence; 8 targets last night.

He got a few extra garbage points on that trick play

Thomas is expected to miss several weeks after tests revealed that his high-ankle sprain is worse than expected, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: There were rumbles that Thomas may play through this injury, but those rumors have essentially been put to rest. If his injury is indeed serious enough to keep him out for multiple games, Thomas could be placed on IR, which would keep him out for at least three games.

Sorry for M Thomas. 

Uptick for Sanders. 

And Cook. 

And T Smith.  

Just moved Sanders today pending commish approval for Hines... might turn out to be a bad move, but I'm in desperate need of RB depth amd the WW is thin

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rallo said:

Just moved Sanders today pending commish approval for Hines... might turn out to be a bad move, but I'm in desperate need of RB depth amd the WW is thin

Wow, did you tear an ACL jerking your knee like that?

EDIT:  Never mind, you probly meant Emmanuel Sanders.  It was funnier when it was Miles.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Wow, did you tear an ACL jerking your knee like that?

EDIT:  Never mind, you probly meant Emmanuel Sanders.  It was funnier when it was Miles.

Yeah, I was talking about E-Money, I'm not sure his value will get much higher than it is right now, as I'm not betting on him handling another team's #1CB week in and week out. I think Cook and Smith will benefit more than E. Could be wrong though. Maybe I could've gotten more in the trade, but I really wanted a piece of Indy's backfield.

10 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Forget Thomas for this entire first half of the season. He will be back for the second half. 

Reasonable bottom line....

Anybody looking to buy? What kinda player would be appropriate to trade for a guy that will likely miss 6-8 games?

40 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Reasonable bottom line....

Anybody looking to buy? What kinda player would be appropriate to trade for a guy that will likely miss 6-8 games?

Looking at the CBS Sportsline Trade Value Chart, the following Rb's are in the range of fair value for Thomas : Sanders, Ekler, Carson, Chubb, DJ, Gordon and Mostert. Wide recievers in that range are: Ridley, Golladay, JUJU, Thielien, Evans, Lockett, A-Rob, Woods, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Amari Cooper, McLauren, and Chark. TE: M. Andrews, Kittle. QB- Mahomes. 

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Looking at the CBS Sportsline Trade Value Chart, the following Rb's are in the range of fair value for Thomas : Sanders, Ekler, Carson, Chubb, DJ, Gordon and Mostert. Wide recievers in that range are: Ridley, Golladay, JUJU, Thielien, Evans, Lockett, A-Rob, Woods, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Amari Cooper, McLauren, and Chark. TE: M. Andrews, Kittle. QB- Mahomes. 

Gonna send out an offer of Kupp. Not optimistic

16 hours ago, nobody said:

Trequan Smith for the win

Tre’Quan Smith: There will be a lot of fantasy owners flocking to Emmanuel Sanders, and rightfully so, but don’t forget about the Saints former third-round pick who’s never had the opportunity he’s about to. Over the course of his career, Smith has seen 70 targets, turning them into 47 receptions for 665 yards and 10 touchdowns. That’s 9.5 yards per target and a touchdown every 7.0 targets.

Second preseason game for Sanders, in the Saints system, I expect that he’ll have an outstanding game. 

Well I did draft Sanders in the late rounds, so with Golladay sitting out another game I reckon I will flex the ole dued. 

On 9/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, rallo said:

Looks like front runner for trade of the year right here.

18 hours ago, rallo said:

Looks like front runner for trade of the year right here.

Not that anyone cares... the trade looks even dumber as I just lost Parris and Sutton... woof

On 9/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, AxeElf said:

Kamara owners are going to feast in his absence; 8 targets last night.

The absence of Michael Thomas has made Alvin Kamara the most dangerous weapon in fantasy football.

But then, we already knew that, thanks to Axe Elf...

29 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The absence of Michael Thomas has made Alvin Kamara the most dangerous weapon in fantasy football.

But then, we already knew that, thanks to Axe Elf...

True that, no one on earth knew Kamara was good before Axe Elf....

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

True that, no one on earth knew Kamara was good before Axe Elf....

I suppose you could call them "nobodies" in comparison to Axe Elf, but these guys din't understand the consequences of Thomas' absence like Axe Elf did.

On 9/14/2020 at 5:37 PM, weepaws said:

On 9/14/2020 at 5:53 PM, AxeElf said:

On 9/14/2020 at 5:59 PM, weepaws said:

So we agree. 

On 9/14/2020 at 6:08 PM, AxeElf said:

On 9/15/2020 at 7:26 PM, weepaws said:

Sorry for M Thomas. 

Uptick for Sanders. 

And Cook. 

And T Smith.  

On 9/16/2020 at 9:19 PM, nobody said:

Trequan Smith for the win

On 9/17/2020 at 1:37 PM, nzoner said:

Tre’Quan Smith: There will be a lot of fantasy owners flocking to Emmanuel Sanders, and rightfully so, but don’t forget about the Saints former third-round pick who’s never had the opportunity he’s about to. Over the course of his career, Smith has seen 70 targets, turning them into 47 receptions for 665 yards and 10 touchdowns. That’s 9.5 yards per target and a touchdown every 7.0 targets.

Thank you, Axe Elf!

42 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I suppose you could call them "nobodies" in comparison to Axe Elf, but these guys din't understand the consequences of Thomas' absence like Axe Elf did.

No Gnome, we all knew it. You point out the obvious as if only you knew it. Frankly it’s pathetic, I feel sorry for you,..

16 minutes ago, jrokh said:

No Gnome, we all knew it. You point out the obvious as if only you knew it. Frankly it’s pathetic, I feel sorry for you,..

I think you're just misinterpreting your jealousy.

35 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I think you're just misinterpreting your jealousy.

Not at all, I find you mildly amusing at times. Just silly that you feel the need to pretend you know more than any of us here, especially with obvious calls like cee dee lamb, and alvin kamara. Give me a break... Make a call about something we don't all already know, if you can...

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Not at all, I find you mildly amusing at times. Just silly that you feel the need to pretend you know more than any of us here, especially with obvious calls like cee dee lamb, and alvin kamara. Give me a break... Make a call about something we don't all already know, if you can...

I did.  Your hindsight is 20/20, but your foresight told us that Fournette was the Bucs RB you'd rather have.

Pretending you knew as much as Axe Elf after the fact is really kind of a weak attention grab.

By the way, we're one month into the season--can we call CeeDee a third round talent yet?