Big Guy

NFL "Woke" Culture

So It's looking like you have to be black now to sing the National Anthem at an NFL Game.

WTF Obama???

Reminder ~ 13%

• Like 1

I want my MTV

I want my NFL

I want my USA

32 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

So It's looking like you have to be black now to sing the National Anthem nowadays.

WTF Obama???

Reminder ~ 13%

Well ya could spin it like this: we make the black people sing our national anthem to us.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

Well ya could spin it like this: we make the black people sing our national anthem to us.

But I can't stand their vocal stylings

Just now, Big Guy said:

yeah that is a problem. Really surprised they sing it when letard james & co bash the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mungwater said:

Find a new hobby

Yup. Probably 

First I want to see how each of the 32 teams responded to the anthem protests so I know if I do come back whom to root for as the Lions are dead to me. For now the new hobby is bashing the old one but if things continue, eventually I’ll get to the point of stop hoping for things reverting back to how they were before and settle into becoming hostile or indifferent.

2 hours ago, Big Guy said:

So It's looking like you have to be black now to sing the National Anthem at an NFL Game.

WTF Obama???

Reminder ~ 13%

And the crime % they commit?

How about the amount of all taxes they pay compared to the services they use?  

Any idiot that wants to talk about regressive taxes should talk about the services provided as a % to income as well.

• Like 1

Chick who sang the national anthem for the Broncos/Titans game was white.  Funny though they never put a camera on her.  You could only tell what she looked like because she was on the jumbotron in the empty stadium.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I want my USA

I remember late nights watch USA and waxing the dolphin :wub:

• Haha 1

Was reading up on the kid the Steelers decided to put on their helmets.

Either committed a drive by or was passenger in a car that committed a drive by shooting.  Had a gun under his seat.  Residue on his hand.  Cop pulls them over he and another flee on foot.  He is shot 3 times.

Peenie would claim poor blacks and lack of good education.  Both of kids parents worked for the police.  Seems like a middle class family.

What on earth is going on?  How do people martyr criminals these days?  

NFL and the Steelers back drive by shooters.   What a time to be alive.

Blacks should try not being criminals and shooters.  Might go along way in not being shot by police.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Was reading up on the kid the Steelers decided to put on their helmets.

Either committed a drive by or was passenger in a car that committed a drive by shooting.  Had a gun under his seat.  Residue on his hand.  Cop pulls them over he and another flee on foot.  He is shot 3 times.

Peenie would claim poor blacks and lack of good education.  Both of kids parents worked for the police.  Seems like a middle class family.

What on earth is going on?  How do people martyr criminals these days?  

NFL and the Steelers back drive by shooters.   What a time to be alive.

I don't agree that shooting a suspect fleeing is justified, unless that suspect is armed and obvious threat to others.  A suspect coming at you or appearing to go for a weapon is justified.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't agree that shooting a suspect fleeing is justified, unless that suspect is armed and obvious threat to others.  A suspect coming at you or appearing to go for a weapon is justified.

I would say someone that just committed a drive by is a threat to others.

• Like 1

Just now, BiffTannen said:

I would say someone that just committed a drive by is a threat to others.

That's true.  I guess I don't know all the details.  I still think a person deserves the right to a fair trial and not just get shot while running away.  Like everything else though, listen to the police and you won't get shot.

14 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Neither can I it's the worst. All that baying and elongating words up and down, it's terribly annoying.

...but it's a style and it's not limited to people of color and not all people of color sing that way, but it sure seems like it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, peenie said:

Neither can I it's the worst. All that baying and elongating words up and down, it's terribly annoying.

...but it's a style and it's not limited to people of color and not all people of color sing that way, but it sure seems like it.

True.....over the last 10-20 years it's become fashionable, but it definitely started with black folks. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So qhat you suggest is any criminal with guns shooting out of a car should feel ok to flee? So you want to program murderers to just flee when cops come and be assured everything will be fine?

Wtf is wrong with you?  And what world do you live in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

So qhat you suggest is any criminal with guns shooting out of a car should feel ok to flee? So you want to program murderers to just flee when cops come and be assured everything will be fine?

Wtf is wrong with you?  And what world do you live in?

I don't think they should be shot to death.  What happens when the person that officer shot was not the one doing the shooting or some other innocent person running away.  The officer would have to be 100% that person was the one who did the shooting and was fleeing.  Too many uncertainties and I think that's a huge issue the public has with police right now.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think they should be shot to death.  What happens when the person that officer shot was not the one doing the shooting or some other innocent person running away.  The officer would have to be 100% that person was the one who did the shooting and was fleeing.  Too many uncertainties and I think that's a huge issue the public has with police right now.

Innocent people don't flee. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

You and people like you are a huge problem to this country.

Unbelievable 

• Like 2

Just now, BiffTannen said:

Innocent people don't flee. 

Sure they do.  There have even been innocent people who have plead guilty of committing crimes, even murder.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Disagree.  They're in a car with people shooting from that car.  If they are innocent don't run.  The cop isn't trying to kill them.  He's trying to stop them from escaping custody because they're a suspect in a violent crime.  There's also a concept in law that if you participate in a crime where people are hurt/killed you can be treated as the shooter even if you didn't pull the trigger.  So, for both of those reasons I have no issues with a cop shooting a suspect fleeing in this scenario.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

You and people like you are a huge problem to this country.

Unbelievable 

Yeah, I'm the problem.  I have no issues with people like the guy with the knife getting shot but there is a point where it's not alright to shoot a suspect.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sure they do.  There have even been innocent people who have plead guilty of committing crimes, even murder.

Certain people that come from a certain land mass that are less evolved than the rest of the civilized population. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You don't agree because you're stupid and can't see the ramifications of allowing criminals to escape just because they run.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Then why not let the officers do their job.  Arrest you and let in come out in a court of law?  Maybe dont ride around with gangbangers if you dont want trouble?

You have no answer for this.  You cant have one.  

People like you like to make this out to be rocket science.  And if said guy riding around doing drive bys flees and killsyour son 3 blocks away because he says F it they are going to catch me anyway.....then what? Be singing a different tune like an idiot.

1 minute ago, DexterM1776 said:

You don't agree because you're stupid and can't see the ramifications of allowing criminals to escape just because they run.

If I said this to you I would get replies saying that it's my "side" that resorts to name calling when someone doesn't agree with me.  I disagree because I have a different opinion.  Suck it up buttercup.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah, I'm the problem.  I have no issues with people like the guy with the knife getting shot but there is a point where it's not alright to shoot a suspect.

Yeah and that's when the suspect complies with the orders given.

It's really not that hard.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Then why not let the officers do their job.  Arrest you and let in come out in a court of law?  Maybe dont ride around with gangbangers if you dont want trouble?

You have no answer for this.  You cant have one.  

People like you like to make this put to be rocket science.  And if said guy riding around doing drive bys flees and killsyour son 3 blocks away because he says F it they are going to catch me anyway.....then what? Be singing a different tune like an idiot.

I agree 100% and even said that originally.  None of that happens if people stay out of trouble or don't run and just listen to law enforcement.  It's as simple as that but that's not reality.

another classic geek thread taint

55 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Monday night ratings :thumbsup:

No big deal per MDC.

Were there any other major sports going on? Hawkeye would like to blame part of it on that.

Advertisers buy ads to reach the audience that watches football. Lot of truck and beer commercials. Can’t see them paying as much as they did before. Why would they? The target audience is less. Hopefully ESPN loses a ton of loot. Can’t see how they won’t if this doesn’t get turned around fast, yet I can’t see that happening either. Maybe after the election. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You are the problem.

Milwaukee had a no chase law for a short time, look it and see why they stopped it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

And rating were down last year.

probably due to the lack of diversity

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Remember to the guy that cops shot for outstanding child support and then the cop tried to do kick the gun away or hide it or whatever? All they had to do was go and pick the guy up. They had his license plate and his driver's license. But decided to shoot him as he ran away. Seems pretty stupid.