show me the murray

Give up on Gronk?

TE is a bit of a blind spot for me. I like filling out RB/WR in the first 5/6 rounds so I never take one of the top guys, and almost always end up scrambling at the position later on.

I thought Gronk would be a bit boom/bust this year but I got him in the 10th round of a 14-team draft (#139 overall) which I figured was decent value for the risk. I have Jack Doyle as a backup.

Gronk only got 3 targets this week but he did play 77% of the snaps so it's not like he wasn't on the field. I don't know whether to try to move him or bench him. Got a feeling the Bucs and Brady will have a bit of an FU game against a pretty weak D of Carolina, so I could see Brady trying to force feed Gronk. But I don't want 2 points again!

I love Jonnu Smith this year - missed him in the draft and wanted to try to trade Gronk for him straight up (Smith owner is a big Patriots/Gronk guy) but I reckon after his TD last night that's probably a no-go until he has a poor game.

So... roll with Gronk again? Bench him? Or drop/trade him?

I don’t see a lot of production coming from Gronk this season.  

So yes bench drop or trade.  

I wouldn’t give up J Smith for him either.  

I don't think anyone's trading for him right now. My hope for Gronk was he'd have a hot start to the season while he's healthy and perhaps someone would be convinced he's the old Gronk and trade him for a TE with more upside (like J Smith).

I kind of feel like I have to hold him for a bit and hope for better this week. Would you start Doyle over him? 

I wouldn’t trade J Smith for him.  

I would trust Doyle. 

1 hour ago, show me the murray said:

Would you start Doyle over him? 

Absolutely.  Doyle is a TE1; Gronk is just a bye week lottery ticket.

Yeah I feel gronk is more there at a good blocking TE to buy Brady time and as a comfort for Brady knowing what he gets from him 

I’m gonna hold him for another week and see if I can get anything back from him. Don’t want to start him though.

I was going to start Doyle but now it’s looking like he’s banged up. Is it worth taking a punt on Logan Thomas? As a Cardinals fan I remember too well how badly tight ends abused us last year. 

I would agree, Gronk isn’t worthy of a roster spot.