Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Today's Google Doodle

Recommended Posts

I hope you all read about today's Google Doodle: Felicitas Mendez

The fact that you can only send your child to the school in your neighborhood means that if you live in a poor crime ridden neighborhood you are forced to send your children to a school that is likely dysfunctional and there is nothing you can do about it because it's law. Housing and school segregation still exists, especially in NJ and I hope you take a moment to read about history and see the parallels that exist today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honest question, if more blacks attended historically white schools, long term, what do you think would happen?  I think segregation is natures way.  I am opposed though to school funding being partially tied to property taxes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Section 8 housing has demonstrated it's not the physical building nor the teachers that are the problem.  We can clearly see that parenting is lacking in low income families, and we know why, they are working two jobs and do not have the time to help their kids.  But their kids are also imbuing the worst possible qualities, and when they go to school act like focking idiots, and do not put the right effort into it.

Its not the school, its not the teachers, often its not really even the kids themselves, its the parents who either lack the time or perhaps the ability to proper raise a child.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, peenie said:

I hope you all read about today's Google Doodle: Felicitas Mendez

The fact that you can only send your child to the school in your neighborhood means that if you live in a poor crime ridden neighborhood you are forced to send your children to a school that is likely dysfunctional and there is nothing you can do about it because it's law. Housing and school segregation still exists, especially in NJ and I hope you take a moment to read about history and see the parallels that exist today.

The Republicans are for school choice and the Democrats have blocked it every time yet you continue to vote Democratic. 

Why?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The doodle of Terry Fox a couple of days earlier was much better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting, I was familiar with the Brown v Board of Education case but not this one.

Nice to see some Hispanic history being shared, I didn't realize this was Hispanic Month. 

16 de Septiembre (Mexican Independence Day) has always been a big fiesta down here. It is the Mexican version of Cinco de Mayo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, peenie said:

forced to send your children to a school that is likely dysfunctional

It's probably not the school that makes it "dysfunctional".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

It's probably not the school that makes it "dysfunctional".

Regardless of where the school is located, the same liberal BS is being taught. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RLLD said:

Section 8 housing has demonstrated it's not the physical building nor the teachers that are the problem.  We can clearly see that parenting is lacking in low income families, and we know why, they are working two jobs and do not have the time to help their kids.  But their kids are also imbuing the worst possible qualities, and when they go to school act like focking idiots, and do not put the right effort into it.

Its not the school, its not the teachers, often its not really even the kids themselves, its the parents who either lack the time or perhaps the ability to proper raise a child.

You spelled scratch off tickets, smoking crack, and sleeping all day incorrectly.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

That's 3 jobs. 

It would not surprise me if indeed they did try to say those activities were jobs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RLLD said:

Section 8 housing has demonstrated it's not the physical building nor the teachers that are the problem.  We can clearly see that parenting is lacking in low income families, and we know why, they are working two jobs and do not have the time to help their kids.  But their kids are also imbuing the worst possible qualities, and when they go to school act like focking idiots, and do not put the right effort into it.

Its not the school, its not the teachers, often its not really even the kids themselves, its the parents who either lack the time or perhaps the ability to proper raise a child.

you know that Section 8 is only for single parents

but Section 3 is the same exact thing with co-parents

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, peenie said:

I hope you all read about today's Google Doodle: Felicitas Mendez

The fact that you can only send your child to the school in your neighborhood means that if you live in a poor crime ridden neighborhood you are forced to send your children to a school that is likely dysfunctional and there is nothing you can do about it because it's law. Housing and school segregation still exists, especially in NJ and I hope you take a moment to read about history and see the parallels that exist today.

Why are this schools so bad there? It’s not funding, they get more than everyone else. The teachers are all awesome I’m always told. So what’s the problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Goggins said:

Thanks for posting, I was familiar with the Brown v Board of Education case but not this one.

Nice to see some Hispanic history being shared, I didn't realize this was Hispanic Month. 

16 de Septiembre (Mexican Independence Day) has always been a big fiesta down here. It is the Mexican version of Cinco de Mayo.

What exactly do they celebrate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait one. Why would they want to attend a white upper middle class school with white police, white supremacist parents, racist kids and a bunch of hateful conservative faculty. We don't even know what Google dooties are. Most of us have switched to Duck Duck Go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Wait one. Why would they want to attend a white upper middle class school with white police, white supremacist parents, racist kids and a bunch of hateful conservative faculty. We don't even know what Google dooties are. Most of us have switched to Duck Duck Go. 

Any attempt to introduce actual logic to anything that emanates from the left of this nation is a waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RLLD said:

Section 8 housing has demonstrated it's not the physical building nor the teachers that are the problem.  We can clearly see that parenting is lacking in low income families, and we know why, they are working two jobs and do not have the time to help their kids.  But their kids are also imbuing the worst possible qualities, and when they go to school act like focking idiots, and do not put the right effort into it.

Its not the school, its not the teachers, often its not really even the kids themselves, its the parents who either lack the time or perhaps the ability to proper raise a child.

Hence, don't have kids if

1) You can't afford to raise one

2) You don't have time to raise them properly

3) You are not in a proven stable relationship

4) If your relationship ends after the kid comes along, and you are not capable of dealing with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RLLD said:

Section 8 housing has demonstrated it's not the physical building nor the teachers that are the problem.  We can clearly see that parenting is lacking in low income families, and we know why, they are working two jobs and do not have the time to help their kids.  But their kids are also imbuing the worst possible qualities, and when they go to school act like focking idiots, and do not put the right effort into it.

Its not the school, its not the teachers, often its not really even the kids themselves, its the parents who either lack the time or perhaps the ability to proper raise a child.

The target by my house is hiring at $15/hr.  If both parents got jobs there they'd be making about 60k/year.  Not great but not section 8 worthy.  And they'd be able to raise their children properly.  I truly can't see how there are so many poor people, if they truly want to get out of poverty.  It seems like those in poverty don't want to better themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strike said:

The target by my house is hiring at $15/hr.  If both parents got jobs there they'd be making about 60k/year.  Not great but not section 8 worthy.  And they'd be able to raise their children properly.  I truly can't see how there are so many poor people, if they truly want to get out of poverty.  It seems like those in poverty don't want to better themselves.

Good idea but they looted and destroyed the Target in that one town so off the table. What else ya got?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What exactly do they celebrate? 

Independence from Spain, like our independence from the Brits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, peenie said:

I hope you all read about today's Google Doodle: Felicitas Mendez

The fact that you can only send your child to the school in your neighborhood means that if you live in a poor crime ridden neighborhood you are forced to send your children to a school that is likely dysfunctional and there is nothing you can do about it because it's law. Housing and school segregation still exists, especially in NJ and I hope you take a moment to read about history and see the parallels that exist today.

Yes I know.  I went to one of the poorest high schools in Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goggins said:

Independence from Spain, like our independence from the Brits.

Yeah. They have done so much with their independence. I wouldn’t celebrate living in that place. I’d be trying to get here, illegally if I had to. Even though it’s the most racist place on the planet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for reading about it.

I sent my daughter to school out of our district so that she could have a good education. I couldn't afford private school and the school nearest was not very good in comparison the school a mile away. They wouldn't let my daughter attend the far away school when I tried to enroll her. I went to the Board of Education and she was finally admitted. She was an excellent student and was skipped a grade while there. We should have school choice and not be limited to our district.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peenie said:

Thanks for reading about it.

I sent my daughter to school out of our district so that she could have a good education. I couldn't afford private school and the school nearest was not very good in comparison the school a mile away. They wouldn't let my daughter attend the school when I tried to enroll her. I went to the Board of Education and she was finally admitted. She was an excellent student and was skipped a grade while there. We should have school choice and not be limited to our district.

It is a tip that not all school districts operate as the one you are complaining about.  Sounds like a local issue to me.  What have you done, other than forcing your daughter in to a school against the district's policies, to get those policies changed?  Or did you just care about getting your daughter a better education?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peenie said:

Thanks for reading about it.

I sent my daughter to school out of our district so that she could have a good education. I couldn't afford private school and the school nearest was not very good in comparison the school a mile away. They wouldn't let my daughter attend the far away school when I tried to enroll her. I went to the Board of Education and she was finally admitted. She was an excellent student and was skipped a grade while there. We should have school choice and not be limited to our district.

What if one district pays a lot more in school tax than the other? And how can everyone go to the better school? Perhaps, now call me nuts, they should concentrate on making all the schools good? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peenie said:

Thanks for reading about it.

I sent my daughter to school out of our district so that she could have a good education. I couldn't afford private school and the school nearest was not very good in comparison the school a mile away. They wouldn't let my daughter attend the far away school when I tried to enroll her. I went to the Board of Education and she was finally admitted. She was an excellent student and was skipped a grade while there. We should have school choice and not be limited to our district.

So basically, your daughter went to a school out of her district that you did not pay taxes in for her education and burdened the taxpayers of that district to teach a child that didn't live in it...

This definitely isn't right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you guys didn't read the Google Doodle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, posty said:

So basically, your daughter went to a school out of her district that you did not pay taxes in for her education and burdened the taxpayers of that district to teach a child that didn't live in it...

This definitely isn't right...

Interesting solution. Mine was to not have a daughter until I had a good steady income and could afford to live in a good district and have access to a good school. It never crossed my mind to have mindless sex for fun with no protection then start screaming at the good district school board members about "our" situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sharing my experience. I'm glad you all are so perfect. I am not perfect. I am sharing my imperfect life with you all. Take it or leave it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peenie said:

I am sharing my experience. I'm glad you all are so perfect. I am not perfect. I am sharing my imperfect life with you all. Take it or leave it.

Look, I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way but....in their own district. End of the day, those little Annie Orphans add up and they are needy as hell. They need donated supplies, clothes and meals by people that are being held at taxation gunpoint to pay it. They will pay it, just don't act surprised when they get infuriated and pissed off.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NJ is segregated due to racially biased housing policies that impacted schools. If I had the time, money and knowledge I would've done something other than just move away. The people still living there deserve to live in decency and have schools that educate their children properly.

Just read what you've written. It explains a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, peenie said:

NJ is segregated due to racially biased housing policies that impacted schools. If I had the time, money and knowledge I would've done something other than just move away. The people still living there deserve to live in decency and have schools that educate their children properly.

I'm white. I live in a decent neighborhood. Black people live near me. Some idiot white families put BLM and Biden signs in their yards. 

What are the problems again? People that have worked hard to move forward in life can't pick and choose who they want to share a neighborhood with?

Or is it, the people that live in neighborhoods where residents don't act decently aren't opposed by good residents? Same with the schools?

Vote republican.

These stupid democrats keep whining about wanting things to be better but keep voting for the same people year after year after year after year. How long has biden and pelosi and waters and the rest of the scum been in office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peenie said:

NJ is segregated due to racially biased housing policies that impacted schools. If I had the time, money and knowledge I would've done something other than just move away. The people still living there deserve to live in decency and have schools that educate their children properly.

Just read what you've written. It explains a lot.

I did. I always proofread before posting. It is meant to say a lot. Humbled by the compliment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, peenie said:

NJ is segregated due to racially biased housing policies that impacted schools. If I had the time, money and knowledge I would've done something other than just move away. The people still living there deserve to live in decency and have schools that educate their children properly.

Just read what you've written. It explains a lot.

Peenie thinks money makes people better for some reason. Three main things go into a school: Students, Teachers, Parents. I’m wondering how money is factored into that equation over the other three. As has been shown, plenty of money is spent per student in the poorer districts.  So what is it then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, peenie said:

I am sharing my experience. I'm glad you all are so perfect. I am not perfect. I am sharing my imperfect life with you all. Take it or leave it.

 

7 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

The Republicans are for school choice and the Democrats have blocked it every time yet you continue to vote Democratic. 

Why?

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Peenie thinks money makes people better for some reason. Three main things go into a school: Students, Teachers, Parents. I’m wondering how money is factored into that equation over the other three. As has been shown, plenty of money is spent per student in the poorer districts.  So what is it then? 

Could have something to do with being around more boys with better values that won't knock the child up at 14 or the boy's father sexually harassing the child and making it smoke meth and weed.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. They have done so much with their independence. I wouldn’t celebrate living in that place. I’d be trying to get here, illegally if I had to. Even though it’s the most racist place on the planet.  

At least the poor Mexicans still have pride in their country. Poor Americans hate our country and want to turn it into the USSR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×