Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Today's Google Doodle

3 minutes ago, Goggins said:

At least the poor Mexicans still have pride in their country. Poor Americans hate our country and want to turn it into the USSR.

Poor Americans make up our armed forces. It’s the privileged SJW college kids that hate the country. Their professors told them too. And why wouldn’t you listen to your professor? You’re paying him all that money, questioning them would force you to analyze your choice of schools and all the money you spent for it. They can’t face that. Plus you get a good grade for agreeing with them. 

• Like 1

Oh, don't disagree with them. They'll go apeshlt on you. Learned that lesson a few times. Like the time I told the fat  nutrition / health professor that being overweight is actually unhealthy and not healthy as she proclaimed. I was about to wedgy her spanks and just get out of there. 

16 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Oh, don't disagree with them. They'll go apeshlt on you. Learned that lesson a few times. Like the time I told the fat  nutrition / health professor that being overweight is actually unhealthy and not healthy as she proclaimed. I was about to wedgy her spanks and just get out of there. 

There are 2 types of people on Earth.  Those who control their emotions, and those who are ruled by their emotions.  Emotional people do not respect logic and facts, they respect strength and power.  You don't change them by presenting them facts.  You change them by showing them overwhelming force.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, peenie said:

NJ is segregated due to racially biased housing policies that impacted schools. If I had the time, money and knowledge I would've done something other than just move away. The people still living there deserve to live in decency and have schools that educate their children properly.

Just read what you've written. It explains a lot.

School desegregation lead to daily gladiatorial contests for white kids, who otherwise wouldn't have to put up with that stuff.  The amount of money and free stuff thrown at this problem is ridiculous and wasteful.

• Like 1

It's really the kid brain drain of districts. Scoops out the quasi talent, poor parents who care and gets them associated with the mid-upper families. Meanwhile the poor district gets weaker and weaker with no hope of digging out of it. Perpetual cycle of weakness gets weaker. Once a problem gets too bad just abandon it and run. Hopeless like an 18 wheeler with no jake brake rolling downhill. GTFO of there. She's gone. 

2 hours ago, riversco said:

There are 2 types of people on Earth.  Those who control their emotions, and those who are ruled by their emotions.  Emotional people do not respect logic and facts, they respect strength and power.  You don't change them by presenting them facts.  You change them by showing them overwhelming force.

Emotional people...vast majority of women and liberal men...oh, almost forgot about the fake centrists.

From an article:

…..sociologists have argued that while some whites may have liberal views, a lot of them are not prepared to make the concessions that are important for the improvement of Black lives. For example, one of the reasons why people have been crowded in ghettos is the fact that housing is so expensive in the suburbs, and one reason for that is that bylaws restrict the building of multi-occupancy housing. These bylaws have been very effective in keeping out moderate-income housing from the suburbs, and that has kept out working people, among whom Blacks are disproportionate, from moving there and having access to good schools. Sociologists have claimed that while we do have genuine improvement in racial attitudes, what we don’t have is the willingness for white liberals to put their money where their mouth is.

One of the fundamental aspects of the American race problem is segregation. The Black population is almost as segregated now as it was in the ’60s. That is the foundation of a lot of problems that Blacks face, but it also explains and perpetuates the isolation of whites who grow up in neighborhoods where they don’t see Blacks or interact with them. That reinforces the idea that Blacks are outsiders and don’t belong.

I see definitely a change in the younger generation. It’s not just a matter of attitudes. In many ways, young white people are probably the least racist among whites. They are more racially tolerant.

I’ve seen encouraging signs of this. I used to live on Trowbridge Street in Cambridge, and I enjoyed walking through the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School. I was always struck by the easy interaction between white kids and Black kids, which was very different from the 1960s or the 1970s. It shows you what’s possible with a more integrated setting. Now you do have that in many areas, but not enough. In most cases, what you have is largely segregated schools. It’s obvious that if you don’t grow up with Black or white people, you don’t know how to interact with them or how to establish friendships with them. A lot of Black people complain about the awkwardness of interacting with whites who grew up with little contact with Blacks. That’s why I strongly emphasize the need to get rid of ghettos and segregation. It’s beneficial for everybody to have a diverse community in which people are still engaged primarily with their own community, but at least they interact with others.

..we need to take a radical attitude towards de-ghettoization. I prefer to say de-ghettoization rather than integration because we have to get people out of the ghettos, or the inner cities — because not only do the ghettos segregate Blacks from the social and cultural capital of middle-class America, they also make residents easy targets for the police who see the ghettos as the enemy. De-ghettoization is different from integration, although I am in favor of integration, but it does mean Blacks need to get out from these concentrated areas of poverty and move into the broader community.

And lastly, there needs to be a reckoning with the nation’s legacy of slavery and white supremacy, which is grounded in slavery. I spent my whole life studying slavery.

I don’t think slavery was strictly abolished in 1865. What was abolished in 1865 was the personal individual enslavement of one person by another, but what persisted was the culture of slavery, and central to this culture was the sense that the white population felt it was their duty to control and suppress Black freedom. They did this in various ways, through the lynch mob, but also by the use of incarceration, during the neo-slavery system of Jim Crow.

During Jim Crow, what persisted was the attitude to see Blacks as outsiders, as people to be punished, to be held in control, to be denied basic privileges of citizenship or ownership of land and to be recklessly imprisoned. In that sense, slavery was not really abolished in America until the 1960s, when the Jim Crow system was finally and fundamentally dismantled. So of course we need a lot of education in our schools about that and what the consequences were for Blacks, as well as for whites. It’s important that people learn that.

I think it's ridiculous that you all feel I should have kept my daughter in a school that I felt wouldn't educate her properly when there was a perfectly good school down road. The way that you communicate with me here on this site is abysmal. It demonstrates why this country is as backwards as it is.

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

The way that you communicate with me here on this site is abysmal. 

And yet you still post here...

4 minutes ago, posty said:

And yet you still post here...

You guys are my favorite! :banana:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

From an article:

I think it's ridiculous that you all feel I should have kept my daughter in a school that I felt wouldn't educate her properly when there was a perfectly good school down road. The way that you communicate with me here on this site is abysmal. It demonstrates why this country is as backwards as it is.

I don’t blame you at all. I blame the fact that there are poor schools anywhere. 

50 minutes ago, peenie said:

From an article:

"White people" have already made enough concessions.  All I ever see from this poster is "gimme, gimmee, gimmee".  It's one big complaint that the Great White Father, who just hands stuff out, isn't that great of a Father.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:47 PM, BiffTannen said:

You spelled scratch off tickets, smoking crack, and sleeping all day incorrectly.  

This is funny because there was a black guy that used to work in my office.  Every day he would have 5 of the $5 scratch off tickets... every day, and then complain that it's so expensive to go out to buy lunch every day.  A lot of us just nodded and smiled, and agreed.  One day, another black guy who was a patient of mine, over hears him saying this while seeing the scratch off tickets on his desk.  He looks at my co-worker and asked: "Did you ever win?"  My co-worker said that he only won a few dollars here and there, but never more than $50 at any one time.  My patient looks at him, straight faced and said:  "If you didn't piss away $25 every day on them damn scratch offs and spent $15 on lunch, you'd go home with $50 more in your pocket every week."

After walking to the back, I gave my patient a high-5 and said, thank you so much for telling him that.  My patient looked me right in the eyes and said: "There are brothers and sisters out there every day that have life hard.  He has a full-time job, makes pretty good money I reckon, and complains while pissing money away every day.  I ain't got time to hear a man like that."  He and I went out to lunch after our appointment.  He's a good man... even though he votes Democrat.  Though, he only votes in local election.  Never county, state, or President.  He said: "I don't trust any politician who I can't get my hands around".  LOL

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Poor Americans make up our armed forces. It’s the privileged SJW college kids that hate the country. Their professors told them too. And why wouldn’t you listen to your professor? You’re paying him all that money, questioning them would force you to analyze your choice of schools and all the money you spent for it. They can’t face that. Plus you get a good grade for agreeing with them. 

I finished college a few years ago.

The professors are very smart with their programing. They ask very one sided questions like "shouldn't everyone have a chance to succeed" they don't challenge nor offer constructive conversation in classrooms.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

From an article:

I think it is interesting that you were able to put your daughter into a good school and move away from NJ because things were so bad but you feel like everyone else is just stuck. How is it possible for you to do these things but others cannot? 

1 minute ago, KayJay1971 said:

I think it is interesting that you were able to put your daughter into a good school and move away from NJ because things were so bad but you feel like everyone else is just stuck. How is it possible for you to do these things but others cannot? 

I had a boyfriend that literally came and got me and moved me to Atlanta. My mom won't move. It's so hard for her to let go of her life there, even though it's the turds. She can't see any other way but the life she's been living all these years. She's stuck. My brother is stuck. They are attached to their way of life. They're not stupid people and yet...they just won't leave. It's the ghetto. It's the suck.

11 minutes ago, peenie said:

I had a boyfriend that literally came and got me and moved me to Atlanta. My mom won't move. It's so hard for her to let go of her life there, even though it's the turds. She can't see any other way but the life she's been living all these years. She's stuck. My brother is stuck. They are attached to their way of life. They're not stupid people and yet...they just won't leave. It's the ghetto. It's the suck.

It feels like they both could move but have chosen not to. I wouldn't say they are stuck. That would imply that they have absolutely no other choice. 

On 9/15/2020 at 3:06 PM, Strike said:

It is a tip that not all school districts operate as the one you are complaining about.  Sounds like a local issue to me.  What have you done, other than forcing your daughter in to a school against the district's policies, to get those policies changed?  Or did you just care about getting your daughter a better education?

Bump for Peenie.  Your silence speaks volumes.

4 hours ago, peenie said:

From an article:

Yet you can’t tell me why you vote Democratic?.?.

On 9/15/2020 at 10:31 AM, peenie said:

I hope you all read about today's Google Doodle: Felicitas Mendez

The fact that you can only send your child to the school in your neighborhood means that if you live in a poor crime ridden neighborhood you are forced to send your children to a school that is likely dysfunctional and there is nothing you can do about it because it's law. Housing and school segregation still exists, especially in NJ and I hope you take a moment to read about history and see the parallels that exist today.

If you don't live in a place that has school of choice and the schools are crap but you send your kid anyway you are a shittty parent. No one is trapped where they live currently.