Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

Truck driver for my sister company shot and killed while making delivery.

This is really sad news to hear. Not sure of any of the details yet as word is just getting out. We don't have a name yet so we do not know if it was a white, black, Latino, or Asian driver. Could have been a robbery but not sure why they would go after a delivery driver. They do not carry any cash with them. Hopefully they will have more information in the next few days. 

https://cdllife.com/2020/delivery-truck-driver-fatally-shot-in-memphis/

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Was he a nice guy. Seems super random for a food delivery truck. About as random as it gets.

No details have been released yet. Random indeed. 

picked the wrong day to dress up as a cop

Sounds like Jack Pirtle’s Chicken might be a a front organization for a meth manufacturing and distribution operation.  

4 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Sounds like Jack Pirtle’s Chicken might be a a front organization for a meth manufacturing and distribution operation.  

Looks like it could be a part time gas station as well. 

Didn’t some black guy go on a killing spree Sunday in Tennessee? 

Hopefully this and all the BLM nonsense causes OTR drivers to refuse to deliver to sh1thole cities.  Starve these fockers out.

Such a nice area. spirits store, pawn stars shop, Cash America, Cricket premiere phones and a rustic chicken establishment. Hate seeing this happen in these picturesque towns. I tell ya, the country is ripping at the seams. 

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Hopefully this and all the BLM nonsense causes OTR drivers to refuse to deliver to sh1thole cities.  Starve these fockers out.

We are instructing our drivers to drive past these situations (if they can determine there is a threat such as protesters) and we can redeliver at some other point if necessary. No delivery is worth more than a drivers life. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Didn’t some black guy go on a killing spree Sunday in Tennessee? 

Yes- bizarre. Not sure the tv news ever spit out the entire story- they seldom do these days- I only got the headline and fragments of the story. 

1 hour ago, Old School said:

Yes- bizarre. Not sure the tv news ever spit out the entire story- they seldom do these days- I only got the headline and fragments of the story. 

Yeah. The guy was black and it sounds like at least some of his victims were white. No biggie. 

5 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

We are instructing our drivers to drive past these situations (if they can determine there is a threat such as protesters) and we can redeliver at some other point if necessary. No delivery is worth more than a drivers life. 

You should instruct your drivers to drive through these situations at a high rate of speed while keeping low inside the cab and serving side to side. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

You should instruct your drivers to drive through these situations at a high rate of speed while keeping low inside the cab and serving side to side. 

Even if it's a little out of their way.  :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Even if it's a little out of their way.  :thumbsup:

Absolutely.  :thumbsup:

I just wanted to offer my condolences. I know you didn’t know this guy but it’s sad he was killed on the job. I hope his killer is found and convicted and you stay safe.