Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Unconcious bias training at work...

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

What was the first contradictory statement? 

She was saying how white sounding names on resumes get read before other sounding names. I said "why do I have to fill out my race and sex when I submit my resumes online for "EOE""

Just now, edjr said:

She was saying how white sounding names on resumes get read before other sounding names. I said "why do I have to fill out my race and sex when I submit my resumes online for "EOE""

Nice.  What was the lame response? 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Nice.  What was the lame response? 

She brushed it off, disagreed with the premise. I didn't want to argue with her, 35 people are on this thing. Not sure she understood what I was saying.

She just started talking about safe spaces at work.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

started by everyione having to say what pronouns they go by  :cry:

it's zoom

I would have told those fockers they can call me "your majesty."

6 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I would have told those fockers they can call me "your majesty."

His majesty is better

2 hours ago, edjr said:

started by everyione having to say what pronouns they go by  :cry:

it's zoom

How did everyone react when you said phaggot?

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Their Majesty?

Our Majesty

@edjr have you received a call from HR yet concerning your white supremacist demonstration during today's training session?

No tea with garlic for you!!!! 

14 hours ago, DonS said:

@edjr have you received a call from HR yet concerning your white supremacist demonstration during today's training session?

No tea with garlic for you!!!! 

I am waiting with bated breath

On 9/15/2020 at 2:57 PM, DonS said:

You are also a TRANSPHOBE for not using the new gender-neutral made up word "Latinx".  :mad:

That makes me laugh. The super liberals want latino people to now be called latinx and the latin community is absolutely not for it. The latin people I have talked to about this have actually laughed out loud when I brought it up. Imagine being called white all your life and then someone deciding for your group that your gonna be called whitex or caucasianx from now on and EVERYONE has to call you that or they are now racist sexist and transphobic.

What does the x in Latin x stand for? They’re all the same? 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What does the x in Latin x stand for? They’re all the same? 

I thought it was supposed to remove the gender from the word.  Latina vs Latino vs Latinx.  I presume someone thought the default use of Latino for non-specific gender that is built into the Spanish language was sexist.

The Spanish language is going to have a real problem on its hands once the woke culture gets around to it.  Spanish assigns gender to a lot of words.  I can't imagine that will do.

19 minutes ago, nobody said:

I thought it was supposed to remove the gender from the word.  Latina vs Latino vs Latinx.  I presume someone thought the default use of Latino for non-specific gender that is built into the Spanish language was sexist.

The Spanish language is going to have a real problem on its hands once the woke culture gets around to it.  Spanish assigns gender to a lot of words.  I can't imagine that will do.

It’s the first thing I learned before I started cutting that class, the gender distinction. 

47 minutes ago, nobody said:

Same goes for French.  That was always the hardest part of taking it back in high school. 

"I know the word for bicycle, but is it male or female???" 

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Same goes for French.  That was always the hardest part of taking it back in high school. 

"I know the word for bicycle, but is it male or female???" 

German has 3.

The man is masculine. The woman is feminine. The boy is masculine. The girl is... neuter.

My daughter had a tranny friend in HS named Dani; a boy who associated as a girl, so I guess I’m supposed to use she/her?  Anyway, her original boy name was Jordan.  I always thought it was odd that she went from an androgynous boy name to an androgynous (phonetically, anyway) girl name.  I would think such a person would go with an indisputably female name, like Elizabeth.  Fake men haven’t co-opted that yet, have they?

I’ve mentioned Dani here before; her home life was a hot mess, and she went through various phases of homosexuality and trans.  She is one of the reasons I think there is a non-zero behavioral component to this stuff.  :thumbsup:

41 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My daughter had a tranny friend in HS named Dani; a boy who associated as a girl, so I guess I’m supposed to use she/her?  Anyway, her original boy name was Jordan.  I always thought it was odd that she went from an androgynous boy name to an androgynous (phonetically, anyway) girl name.  I would think such a person would go with an indisputably female name, like Elizabeth.  Fake men haven’t co-opted that yet, have they?

I’ve mentioned Dani here before; her home life was a hot mess, and she went through various phases of homosexuality and trans.  She is one of the reasons I think there is a non-zero behavioral component to this stuff.  :thumbsup:

Did you know him when he was "Jordan"?  Do you still call him that when you see him?

One of my daughter's friends sister decided she didn't want to be a girl so she changed her name and did what she needed to do...  When her name comes up as the boy's name, I say "Who?" every time...  They tell me, and then I say, "Oh <and then her birth name>"...

I knew her as that and I will call her that...

15 minutes ago, posty said:

Did you know him when he was "Jordan"?  Do you still call him that when you see him?

One of my daughter's friends sister decided she didn't want to be a girl so she changed her name and did what she needed to do...  When her name comes up as the boy's name, I say "Who?" every time...  They tell me, and then I say, "Oh <and then her birth name>"...

I became aware of him just as he was going through the transition so it was more confusion that I’d hear both names and for a while thought we were talking about two different people; it took me a while to figure out it was the same person.

As an odd coincidence, this week we were just looking at video of a middle school chorus concert and somebody noticed (then) Jordan in the row behind my daughter.  Poor kid, he looked kinda normal then.  :( 

19 hours ago, jerryskids said:

19 hours ago, posty said:

I am so happy my kids and their classmates aren't having to deal with this. Chinese schools have many problems but this isn't one.