Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

HS football players suspended for carrying thin blue/red line flags

They were warned that celebrating actual heroes would result in punishment.  They could have instead celebrated rapists, drug dealers and murderers and would have been just fine.

I give them credit for doing the right thing and standing up for the right stuff, and accepting the consequences.  We have to hope that people continue to stand up for the good and right things in this world despite leftist threats and violence.

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I support their cause,, but I think the kids are gonna end up on the losing end of this one.  Obviously, the administrators was covertly telling the reporter that if you approve of the thin blue/red line flags, you better be prepared for a BLM flag.

The democrats once had the blue collar vote and the heartland.  

Now the heartland belongs to the GOP.  They won't be able to put down the salt of the Earth of this nation.  No way.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

I support their cause,, but I think the kids are gonna end up on the losing end of this one.  Obviously, the administrators was covertly telling the reporter that if you approve of the thin blue/red line flags, you better be prepared for a BLM flag.

How would that make the kids lose? 

2 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

They were suspended for being attention hookers, they got their wish

Bad take.  Supporting the police and fire departments is not attention seeking.  Its never been more important than today to support them.

Just now, riversco said:

Bad take.  Supporting the police and fire departments is not attention seeking.  Its never been more important than today to support them.

Oh give it a rest, kids knew it’s would be a reaction, and they got theirs

• Confused 1

That is right down the road from BIff. I'm surprised by the reaction because Warren County voted 84% for Trump in 2016 and is close to 114% white. 

2 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

Actually, you should probably give it a rest.  Bad takes are bad takes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, riversco said:

Actually, you should probably give it a rest.  Bad takes are bad takes.

So moron kids acting like morons is a bad take?

• Confused 1

I'm with Mung on this one.  There is a time and place to make statements.  Just like I don't like the NFL making a statement about BLM, I don't really care for individual students choosing to make a statement when they shoudn't, even if it's a positive one.  These kids asked and were told not to do it and did it anyways.  Good that they were reinstated as the punishment was excessive but I hope the athletic department follows through with some punishment of their own.  You can't just ignore authority and not have repercussions.

13 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

It was on 9/11 for crying out loud.  

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm with Mung on this one.  There is a time and place to make statements.  Just like I don't like the NFL making a statement about BLM, I don't really care for individual students choosing to make a statement when they shoudn't, even if it's a positive one.  These kids asked and were told not to do it and did it anyways.  Good that they were reinstated as the punishment was excessive but I hope the athletic department follows through with some punishment of their own.  You can't just ignore authority and not have repercussions.

You’re prolly right but I just can’t  believe we’ve come to a point where supporting First Responders is a “political talking point”.  Even on 9/11.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

You can't just ignore authority and not have repercussions.

How about when the company you work for is pushing racist beliefs on you?  How about when your schools are pushing racist beliefs on your kids?  Should you ignore authority then?

Just now, riversco said:

How about when the company you work for is pushing racist beliefs on you?  How about when your schools are pushing racist beliefs on your kids?  Should you ignore authority then?

You can do whatever you want.  There may be repercussions, as I said.

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

You’re prolly right but I just can’t  believe we’ve come to a point where supporting First Responders is a “political talking point”.  Even on 9/11.

Exactly.  If you can't do it on 9/11, then when can you?  It's unbelievable what this country is dissolving into.

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

You’re prolly right but I just believe we’ve come to a point where supporting First Responders is a “political talking point”.

Did you read the article Reality linked to?  It sounds like in this particular location what you're describing is not the case.  We can't look at every particular community and think they're the same as all woke communities. 

This goes to my greater point that one of the rarely-discussed shifts in US politics in 2016 was that people without a college degree are voting republican.  That group always voted democrat.  One of the aspects of the uneducated crowd is that they do not respect authority.  That's going to be a shift in how republicans think and act.  The republicans are going to start disregarding authority more and more in the future and putting freedom ahead of code.   A teacher tells a right wing group of students to do X and they will give them the finger and resist. 

Its a pretty big cultural shift.

8 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

The world is upside down.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Strike said:

I agree with this.

The notion that you get to use any event as "your platform" to protest whatever "injustice" you like needs to die. That was the issue with kaep. The NFL pussed out and now they are riding a dragon they can't get odd.