Sign in to follow this  
JOHN 316

Chubb or Carson

I have CARSON.....is CHUBB an upgrade for me?  Owner of CHUBB is ripe for a trade offer given Week 1 results.

Thoughts ?

.5 PPR league

Stick with Carson.  The Browns are going to stink this year because Mayfield stinks.  They're going to be behind a lot and need to throw.  Because of that, Hunt will be get more touches this year than Chubb.  Carson is on a team that is going to win games.  They're going to be in position score more TD's and Carson will be a part of that.

• Like 1

Agreed with TB. 

I don’t know if it happens, or if it does that it changes things, but here in Cleveland, the rumors are hot and heavy the Brownies  are actively trying to trade OBJ...

I would want to be traded if I was Beckham.  

• Like 1

Carson easy. Chubb was outscored by Kareem in most games last year and again week 1 although they got shellacked by BMore so kind of toss that game out.

Carson 

I got some selling Metcalf and getting Chubb offers before week 1 in dynasty.

In any ADP calcualtor that is a win for the team getting Chubb.  

I held because I expected the Browns to suck again and Hunt to be the PPR back to own at least equaling Chubb.

Chubb is great.  If he was on Tenn he could be Henry but he's sharing the team backfield with a possibly more well rounded 3 down back. 

It would be Carson for me as well. He was pretty active in the passing game, which I didn't expect. Chubb comes with too many ?s, Cleveland's offense? Game script when they fall behind? KHunt? Contract issues?

When I’m torn on two players I ask myself which wagon I want to hitch my player to. A dumpster fire team with an all world “backup” next to me or one of the best QBs in the league on a consistently good offense? Browns should get right this week vs the bengals though. If they don’t do it here, when would they?

The Browns might get it right this week, but that doesn’t mean Chubb outscores Hunt, and even Carson, does it? 

58 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Chubb is going to tear it up Thursday night... just sayin

His contract?

On 9/16/2020 at 6:24 PM, snatchit said:

Chubb is going to tear it up Thursday night... just sayin

Nice. 

Both guys tore it up. I’m facing Hunt and you tell me Chubb explodes for 27+ I’d be happy til I saw the box score.

56 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Both guys tore it up. I’m facing Hunt and you tell me Chubb explodes for 27+ I’d be happy til I saw the box score.

Do we have a Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson scenario brewing?

Yea that’s what I thought last night except Cleveland’s offensive line isn’t the KC line Zback then. Or more smash and dash like Stewart and Williams on Carolina. 

Last night just confirmed for me that Hunt is the RB to have in Cleveland.  I don't have either RB, but if I had one, I'd be happier if I had Hunt than Chubb.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Last night just confirmed for me that Hunt is the RB to have in Cleveland.  I don't have either RB, but if I had one, I'd be happier if I had Hunt than Chubb.

I own Hunt but I’d trade him for Chubb in a heartbeat. Give me the guy who gets 23 touches over the one who gets 12. Different strokes I guess...

I think it comes down to matchups. When the defense is Swiss cheese and the browns are faves, Chubb will get more work and vice versa. Doesn’t always mean more results but all you can do is follow the touches, TDs are harder to predict. Chubb is excellent but Hunt is arguably (or inarguably) a top 5 complete RB in the league.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, weepaws said:

The Browns might get it right this week, but that doesn’t mean Chubb outscores Hunt, and even Carson, does it? 

I wasn't one worried about the Browns offense after that first week, and I drafted Beckham.  The Ravens defense is going to make a lot of other teams offense look bad.

I don't know, I may see Chubb as a small upgrade, but maybe not enough to trade unless it's straight up.

If you have to give up anything else of much value, I think I would keep Carson

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

I own Hunt but I’d trade him for Chubb in a heartbeat. Give me the guy who gets 23 touches over the one who gets 12. Different strokes I guess...

Touches come in different values.  One pass target is worth more than 1 carry.  I mean, a good (not great... just good), pass catching RB will get about 6 yards per reception.  A great running RB will get about 4.5 yards per carry.  So, 1 catch equals 1.6 fantasy points and 1 rush equals 0.45 fantasy points.  If Chubb gets 23 carries and 3 pass targets, that's 15.15 fantasy points on 26 touches.  If Hunt gets 8 targets and 5 rush attempts, that's 15.05 fantasy points.  Meaning, Hunt can yield the same production with half as many touches.  We've even seen proof of that in the 10 games they've played together.  

Hunt is averaging 6.6 carries for 33.7 yards and 4.3 receptions for 30.9 yards per game.  That's 10.8 fantasy points on 10.9 touches... pretty much 1 point per touch.  Chubb is averaging 18 carries for 87.5 yards and 1.3 receptions for 13 yards per game.  That's 11.4 fantasy points on 19.3 touches, so 0.6 fantasy points per touch.

Simply, Hunt is way more efficient.  Didn't these 2 games this year prove that?  Hunt has 36.2 fantasy points on 29 touches and Chubb has 33.9 fantasy points on 34 touches.  When the games are going well, Chubb and Hunt will get similar production (last night... Chubb 26.3 fp / Hunt 24.1).  When games are bad, Hunt will out perform Chubb (week 1, Hunt 12.1 / Chubb 7.6).  The reason why I'd rather have Hunt is because I expect more games like week 1 (not the blowout loss, but losing the better parts of games), than games like last night.

Yesterday, Hunt got most of his carries late in the game vs. a tired defense. Of course his YPC will look nice. Chubb did the heavy lifting. This is not to say that hunt is bad.

1 hour ago, FantasyRetard said:

Great call

You could see that a mile away, unless you are AxeElf. As comments above said, if its a plus match up Chubb will get his.  Cincys important D Line starters were out.... and they arent very good anyways

5 minutes ago, snatchit said:

You could see that a mile away, unless you are AxeElf. 

Huh?  Why is my name being brought into this?

Axe Elf sees all.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Simply, Hunt is way more efficient.  Didn't these 2 games this year prove that?  Hunt has 36.2 fantasy points on 29 touches and Chubb has 33.9 fantasy points on 34 touches.  When the games are going well, Chubb and Hunt will get similar production (last night... Chubb 26.3 fp / Hunt 24.1).  When games are bad, Hunt will out perform Chubb (week 1, Hunt 12.1 / Chubb 7.6).  The reason why I'd rather have Hunt is because I expect more games like week 1 (not the blowout loss, but losing the better parts of games), than games like last night.

It wasn't just the touches, it was more that Hunt barely played until the 4th quarter. I kept expecting to hear that Hunt was hurt, as I couldn't understand why he was rarely in at all. Look at Cleveland's schedule it isn't that formidable. @Dallas week 4 and Home against Baltimore week 14 are the only games I identify as possible negative blowout game scripts. Hunt may be more efficient, but Chubb will out touch him by more than enough to make up the difference. Chubb is also plenty efficient in his own right. It's fair to say both of them will be solid for Fantasy Teams. I would just prefer the guy who is on the field 70% of the time. Regardless, the Chubb owner would never trade me him for Hunt, so I will just enjoy having Kareem as my flex...

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

I guess you are very optimistic about how good the browns will be. 

Just now, skinsrule05 said:

I guess you are very optimistic about how good the browns will be. 

Is 7-9 optimistic?

1 hour ago, skinsrule05 said:

Doesn’t match your assertion. That means 9 games Hunt has a better game script. 

No it doesn't. You are assuming all of Cleveland's losses are going to be of the blowout variety like it was against the Ravens week 1.  Look at the schedule, only a couple of those games will likely be that way. Most games will be close enough to give Chubb a better game script than Hunt, considering in games when Cleveland is ahead, Hunt barely is on the field...