Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

President Trump Townhall

Trump tells town hall he ‘up-played’ the coronavirus pandemic

President Donald Trump claimed on Tuesday to have “up-played” the threat of coronavirus early in the pandemic, contradicting his own remarks to the journalist Bob Woodward that he wanted to minimize the disease to avoid panic.

Speaking at an ABC News town hall moderated by George Stephanopoulos, Trump rebutted a student who asked why he had downplayed “a pandemic that is known to disproportionately harm low-income families and minority communities.” Trump defended his response to the health crisis by citing an early travel ban on foreign nationals from China from entering the U.S. in order to curb the spread of the virus.

“Well, I didn’t downplay it,” the president responded. “I actually, in many ways, I up-played in terms of action. My action was very strong.”

The student interjected: “Did you not admit to it yourself?”

“With China, I put a ban on. With Europe, I put a ban on. We would have lost thousands of more people had I not put the ban on,” Trump said. “We did a very, very good job when we put that ban on — whether you call it talent or luck, it was very important.”

Back in February, Trump admitted to Woodward that he wanted to minimize the threat posed by coronavirus to avoid panic, even though he acknowledged to the veteran Washington Post journalist the lethal effects of the virus and easy contagion. The Post earlier this month published excerpts from recordings of more than a dozen interviews between the two.

Yeah, this guy is going to speak circles around Joe in the debates.  🤣

Don't just look at one side's actions.  Compare both the left and right's early reaction to determine who downplayed it.  Between how Pelosi and the democrats handled the early stages of COVID and how Trump did, it was the democrats who downplayed it.  If you are one to get upset about downplaying COVID in the early stages, then it must REALLY anger you that Pelosi was encouraging people to visit Chinatown. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/04/26/pelosi-you-know-trumps-travel-ban-didnt-go-far-enough-n2567639

Pelosi's Complete 180 on Trump Halting Flights from China
Beth Baumann
Posted: Apr 26, 2020 12:12 PM

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) repeatedly criticized President Donald Trump’s decision to halt flights to and from China. In fact, she led her Democratic colleagues in calling the president a xenophobe and a racist for making such a decision.

“One point of clarification I was wondering. Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign told me earlier this month that he supported President Trump’s partial travel restrictions on January 31st, blocking foreign nationals from China coming to the United States,” CNN’s Jake Tapper said on Sunday. “Do you agree that it was the right move by President Trump at the time?”

Democrats continually said Trump was a “racist” and a “xenophobe” for a halting flights from China. They somehow came to the conclusion that the Trump administration was blaming Asian Americans for the coronavirus starting in Wuhan.

In fact, just last week, Pelosi came under fire for encouraging people to visit Chinatown in San Francisco as a way of “end[ing] the discrimination, the stigma that was going out against the Asian American community.”

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

A lot of people don't think masks are good, who are they, waiters!  🤣

Democrats STILL run with the theory that large groups of people are horrific spreaders of COVID ..... except BLM protests.  Those are perfectly safe.  🤣

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yeah, this guy is going to speak circles around Joe in the debates.  🤣

Hard to tell when Biden only takes a couple softball questions then runs off stage.  Let alone does a townhall.  

:dunno:

2 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Nobody can actually believe Biden could sit in a town hall with a republican moderator and take unscripted questions from the audience. 

The 4 people that showed up for it would cover for him.

17 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Trump's biggest weaknesses are fat ugly chics and blah looking curly hair freckled gingers. It was a setup.

It was in Philadelphia. If you’re gonna have women speak, fat chicks are unavoidable there. 

53 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

A lot of people don't think masks are good, who are they, waiters!  🤣

People who don't let CNN create their thoughts for them?

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

How'd Bidens town hall go ?

Biden rarely leaves the basement and won't take unscripted questions...

Another winner from Honcho..

:doh:

2 hours ago, drobeski said:

People who don't let CNN create their thoughts for them?

I so wish he would have said, "Obesity is a big factor as well. We both need to work on it. You a little more though."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Biden rarely leaves the basement and won't take unscripted questions...

Another winner from Honcho..

:doh:

Its funny, he never answers these basic simple questions.  

2 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I so wish he would have said, "Obesity is a big factor as well. We both need to work on it. You a little more though."

I promise you he was thinking it. 

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Its funny, he never answers these basic simple questions.  

Well, the other day he said shooting a gun once isn't a shooting. That's what we're dealing with when it comes to this clown.

You can always tell an ignorant mouth breathing liberal because they never actually watch the source event they regurgitate the talking points and gotcha clips.

Trump walked into a hostile environment with an extremely biased moderator (former Clinton communication director) who interrupted him multiple times and cut to commerical every time Trump gave a positive answer.

And the group of "undecideds" lol, a fat angry black woman, an angry black pastor, a couple of soi bois .. all asking loaded questions given to them ahead of time.

Trump handled them well. He absolutely crushed a few of the questions, and was patient and respectful to the TDS plants.

Anyone who actually watched the entire event, and was undecided or a moderate, thought Trump did great.

Trump is gonna do laps around Biden if they ever share a stage, but that won't happen. There is zero chance Biden's handlers put him in a situation where he has to answer questions without a teleprompter and think on his feet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Highlight of the night

Immigrant (whose mother just died) has some words for Trump from her mother and a question about his immigration plan.

Someone from ABC was fired after this debacle.

6 hours ago, Goggins said:

You can always tell an ignorant mouth breathing liberal because they never actually watch the source event they regurgitate the talking points and gotcha clips.

Trump walked into a hostile environment with an extremely biased moderator (former Clinton communication director) who interrupted him multiple times and cut to commerical every time Trump gave a positive answer.

And the group of "undecideds" lol, a fat angry black woman, an angry black pastor, a couple of soi bois .. all asking loaded questions given to them ahead of time.

Trump handled them well. He absolutely crushed a few of the questions, and was patient and respectful to the TDS plants.

Anyone who actually watched the entire event, and was undecided or a moderate, thought Trump did great.

Trump is gonna do laps around Biden if they ever share a stage, but that won't happen. There is zero chance Biden's handlers put him in a situation where he has to answer questions without a teleprompter and think on his feet.

Of course you would never do that...

I'll give you credit though, you actually made an attempt at defending the President, rather then the comical deflection everyone else did..."what about Biden's townhall meeting"(which if all the people asking actually followed the news, they would know it was announced last week his would be on the 17th---they also advertised it during POTUS townhall, but apparently most here didn't watch it  :D ). 

6 hours ago, Goggins said:

Highlight of the night

Immigrant (whose mother just died) has some words for Trump from her mother and a question about his immigration plan.

Ha. That certainly backfired. They thought they had a live one. Immigrant,  POC, mother died of covid. The tri-fecta of the Orange man bad’s supposed evil and incompetence. Of course, he comes out looking good. Nice work libtards.  

7 hours ago, Goggins said:

Highlight of the night

Crushed it, it's weird that Honcho didn't post this one for us.

15 minutes ago, drobeski said:

This clown actually thinks Joe is all there upstairs, and he'll have legit town hall. 

😆 

🤣

You don't think a CNN townhall moderated by Anderson Cooper with 100 handpicked attendees is legit?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Trump is working very hard on some sort of immigration plan - nice. Do we get it before or after the healthcare overhaul?

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Trump is working very hard on some sort of immigration plan - nice. Do we get it before or after the healthcare overhaul?

He's just waiting for Joe's cancer cure. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Hope so. I feel bad for people with crappy health care plans. Maybe you should pay a little more for a good one instead of waiting for the government? 

20 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

So this lady, self declared brilliant with a great job.... but that job doesn't give her health insurance? 

Calling bullsh!t

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

So this lady, self declared brilliant with a great job.... but that job doesn't give her health insurance? 

Calling bullsh!t

I'm also calling BS on her evening wear. That's her bathrobe and shower cap. Not fooling anyone.

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Calling bullsh!t

Crisis actor. :thumbsup: 

6 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Calling bullsh!t

Not BS, she probably had it before Obamacare.  Now she wants Trump to clean up Obama's mess. Seems reasonable to me, as it's been most of Trump's job thus far.

I don’t get it. The only thing that Trump has changed with Obamacare is that it’s not mandated anymore. What are these people complaining about? 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t get it. The only thing that Trump has changed with Obamacare is that it’s not mandated anymore. What are these people complaining about? 

Whatever they were instructed to complain about.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe the fact that he has the DOJ arguing a case before the SCOTUS that without the individual mandate Obamacare "must fall" in totality, with the only replacement being his Healthcare plan that he has been promising to reveal in a few weeks for the last year.

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Maybe the fact that he has the DOJ arguing a case before the SCOTUS that without the individual mandate Obamacare "must fall" in totality, with the only replacement being his Healthcare plan that he has been promising to reveal in a few weeks for the last year.

Well, they have been complaining way before any of that. Plus he has promised not to do away with pre-existing conditions protection. Sounds like they have had Obamacare and they aren’t happy with it. Shocked.