Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Baker Mayfield is getting thimblerigged

The playcalling in Cleveland is absolutely atrocious. 

Baker Mayfield absolutely thrives with play-action passing.  And with a devastating run attack is easy to see why.  Freddie Kitchens (head coach of the Browns in 2019) ran play action 28.7% of the time (20th most in the NFL that season) and completed 66% of his passes, threw 11 TDs, 6 INTs and had a 102.5 rating.  Without play action, Baker Mayfield completed 56% of the passes for 11 TDs, 15 INTs and a rating of just 68.8.

Things were expected to improve in 2020 under new head coach Kevin Stefanski.  THEY GOT WORSE IN WEEK 1.  Stefanski only called play action passes 21.4% of the time (9 of Baker's 39 throws were play action vs the Ravens).  With play action, Baker had a 91 rating.  Without it, he had a 56 rating. 

The Browns are going to be near the bottom of the NFL in calling play action passes with Stefanski.  Cut Baker Mayfield now.

Also, as I have repeatedly said OVER AND OVER AND OVER.  Bill Belichick is DESPERATE to get his hands on Baker Mayfield.  Bill Belichick routinely is near or at the top of the NFL in calling play action passes every season.  Mayfield is a PERFECT fit for the Patriots system and Bill is very smart and knows it.  If Belichick EVER gets his hands on Mayfield, Belichick is going to win several MORE super bowls.

To be fair, if you're down 18 points at halftime, there's not a whole lot of point in running play action.

It's something to note, but play calling in a blowout loss isn't necessarily indicative of how the offense is going to be called all season long.

2 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

To be fair, if you're down 18 points at halftime, there's not a whole lot of point in running play action.

It's something to note, but play calling in a blowout loss isn't necessarily indicative of how the offense is going to be called all season long.

I dunno.  In most cases that makes sense but Chubb is a legit home run ball.  He can take it to the house on any play.

There could be a legit reason why Mayfield stinks... that doesn't point directly to Mayfield himself.  I don't know enough about the Browns to be positive on that front.  I just know that when I see him play, he's just not any good.  Not at all.

I think it’s pretty simple. .

They are the Browns. 

And Don’t under estimate Hunts ability to also hit the home rb ball. 

I sure Beckham and Landry can’t wait to get traded. 

6 hours ago, riversco said:

The playcalling in Cleveland is absolutely atrocious. 

Baker Mayfield absolutely thrives with play-action passing.  And with a devastating run attack is easy to see why.  Freddie Kitchens (head coach of the Browns in 2019) ran play action 28.7% of the time (20th most in the NFL that season) and completed 66% of his passes, threw 11 TDs, 6 INTs and had a 102.5 rating.  Without play action, Baker Mayfield completed 56% of the passes for 11 TDs, 15 INTs and a rating of just 68.8.

Things were expected to improve in 2020 under new head coach Kevin Stefanski.  THEY GOT WORSE IN WEEK 1.  Stefanski only called play action passes 21.4% of the time (9 of Baker's 39 throws were play action vs the Ravens).  With play action, Baker had a 91 rating.  Without it, he had a 56 rating. 

The Browns are going to be near the bottom of the NFL in calling play action passes with Stefanski.  Cut Baker Mayfield now.

Also, as I have repeatedly said OVER AND OVER AND OVER.  Bill Belichick is DESPERATE to get his hands on Baker Mayfield.  Bill Belichick routinely is near or at the top of the NFL in calling play action passes every season.  Mayfield is a PERFECT fit for the Patriots system and Bill is very smart and knows it.  If Belichick EVER gets his hands on Mayfield, Belichick is going to win several MORE super bowls.

This is why i am holding him in dynasty. Cam will not last more than 1 season in NE

13 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This is why i am holding him in dynasty. Cam will not last more than 1 season in NE

Holding a guy, who sucks, on your roster for 3 years is a long time.  Although, I think that if the Browns have a top 3 pick this year, they may trade Mayfield before picking up his 5th year option.  Maybe that's how he could get to NE sooner.  Trade him in the off-season for a late round pick and let Belichick pick up the 5th year.

You guys are assuming the Patriots are going to acquire Mayfield because the biggest conspiracy theorist on the board claimed Belichick is DESPERATE to get Baker Mayfield with absolutely no supporting evidence.

Is 'thimblerigged' some kind of sexual euphemism like fingerbanged?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Holding a guy, who sucks, on your roster for 3 years is a long time.  Although, I think that if the Browns have a top 3 pick this year, they may trade Mayfield before picking up his 5th year option.  Maybe that's how he could get to NE sooner.  Trade him in the off-season for a late round pick and let Belichick pick up the 5th year.

The two dynasties I own him in are qb heavy and deep roster. Every starter is on a roster anyway

Mayfield would become an instant top performer under Bellicheat, Mayfield is perfect for that sh!tty dump pass thing Billy designed for Brady.

Or maybe, he’s just a another one of those very good college football Qb, but not so much in the nfl, maybe? 

He looks really accurate here. It is the Bengals, but the keys are good decisions, great throws, and zip on his passes. Without good offensive line play and good coaching he will never be consistent in Cleveland.