Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Is it Mandatory Montgomery time this week ?

I love how people poo poo on him. He was coming off an injury, that was thought he might be out week 1 or 2. He had 4 yrds after contact, and ran hard last week. Snell ran right through the Giants. I know the Bears Oline isnt as good as Pits... but its pretty good this year. I like the play, gonna put him in my flex over DJ vs Balt.

1 hour ago, snatchit said:

I love how people poo poo on him. He was coming off an injury, that was thought he might be out week 1 or 2. He had 4 yrds after contact, and ran hard last week. Snell ran right through the Giants. I know the Bears Oline isnt as good as Pits... but its pretty good this year. I like the play, gonna put him in my flex over DJ vs Balt.

ERROR

• Like 1

Is this a ppr? 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Is this a ppr? 

yes, and Monty was drafted because of his pass blocking and receiving skills... they viewed him as a Forte type. Yes I know they have Coen there. 

27 minutes ago, snatchit said:

yes, and Monty was drafted because of his pass blocking and receiving skills... they viewed him as a Forte type. Yes I know they have Coen there. 

Although we really havent seen much of it yet

Ppr I would go with DJ. 

Rolling with him in my 14 team league, but not because I really want to.

Loaded up on WR’s and drafted Akers as my RB2.  Picked up Brown off waivers this week, but not convinced Sunday was a preview of the season.  Feel safer playing Montgomery this week.

21 hours ago, weepaws said:

Ppr I would go with DJ. 

Ya I changed my mind. You are right. However, I do have a sneaky feeling that Montgomery could be better than expected this year. He was scouted as a good pass catcher, they just havent used him that way yet. If I was them I would use Cohen like Dallas used Pollard last week, or let him play at slot too. Have them both on the field a lot

Just now, snatchit said:

Ya I changed my mind. You are right. However, I do have a sneaky feeling that Montgomery could be better than expected this year. He was scouted as a good pass catcher, they just havent used him that way yet. If I was them I would use Cohen like Dallas used Pollard last week, or let him play at slot too. Have them both on the field a lot

I am just worried how Balt shut down Cleveland runners last week... then see Cleveland rush for over 200 yrds last night

Ravens shut down Mayfield last week, I don’t see them being able to shut down Watson. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I don’t see them being able to shut down Watson. 

You can't see anything when you don't watch.

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You can't see anything when you don't watch.

Are you going to say he sucks this week, like you implied with Chubb ?

5 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Are you going to say he sucks this week, like you implied with Chubb ?

That's the second time you've erroneously tied me to a Chubb prediction.  I think you must have me confused with someone else.

But yes, Montgomery sucks.  There's a whole thread of me educating the board on that fact last year.

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2020 at 3:45 PM, AxeElf said:

But yes, Montgomery sucks.  There's a whole thread of me educating the board on that fact last year.

Prediction fail.  He got me 18.7 pts Sunday.  Yahoo:

David Montgomery rushed 16 times for 82 yards and caught all three of his targets for 45 yards and one touchdown in the Bears' Week 2 win over the Giants... Montgomery led the team in both rushing and receiving as the centerpiece of the offense...

2 minutes ago, klaatu said:

Prediction fail. 

Yup, that pretty much sums up @Axe Elf on this bored, lo these many years...

21 minutes ago, klaatu said:

Prediction fail.  He got me 18.7 pts Sunday.  Yahoo:

David Montgomery rushed 16 times for 82 yards and caught all three of his targets for 45 yards and one touchdown in the Bears' Week 2 win over the Giants... Montgomery led the team in both rushing and receiving as the centerpiece of the offense...

It can't be a prediction fail when it's not a prediction; it was a statement of fact--Montgomery sucks.

Blind squirrels, you know...

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It can't be a prediction fail when it's not a prediction; it was a statement of fact--Montgomery sucks.

Blind squirrels, you know...

He is at the top in YAC so far this year, the dude has looked great. But you think he sucks ? I dont believe I have ever read anything from you, that makes any sense... but you always have an opinion. In fact, you mostly want to just bash other peoples opinions. You never offer any helpful insight, IMO