FlyinHeadlock

Trump Won A Poll. Five Thirty Eight Calls it EVEN

He won a Rassmusen poll today. He won the poll and Five Thirty Eight slots it as EVEN. WTF. He won the damn poll by one point. Can't give him one victory. It's not EVEN he won it...meh. This site is officially toxic. I tried to give Nate a chance but this is clearly vindictive and spiteful. Would he call an NBA victory by 1 pt EVEN. This guy is clearly triggered by Trump for embarrassing him last time. 

Lie Dirty Nate has Texas as 70%-30% in favor of Trump.  So they claim Trump is slightly favored to win Texas.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/texas/

The have New Hampshire as 73%-27% in favor of Biden.  So they claim Biden is favored to win New Hampshire.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/new-hampshire/

Its wordplay nonsense.  You can't make this stuff up.

538 had a brush with reality in 2016.  When they really believed in the numbers. Then the libs rebuked little Nate and he has been a good boy ever since. No more invites to CNN, MSNBC, Meet the Press, when the numbers favor Trump. Science!

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Polls don’t matter. The GC says so, unless they like the poll.

Polls don't matter.  Ever 

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

538 isn't trying to appeal to the GC.  And it's one of the biggest reasons polls don't matter. Science!

59 minutes ago, MDC said:

It's not that they matter but if you beat me by a point in fantasy you win. I don't get to say even or too close to call...meh. He also gave the poll a C grade. It's a good poll by a good company. Truth is Trump hurt his business model just like TimmySmith stated really bad. Just look at the articles on his site. All hit pieces. He's trying to get back the money he lost and get back in favor with the left news outlets. He should be burning up the airwaves right now like last time. He's not.

1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

It's not that they matter but if you beat me by a point in fantasy you win. I don't get to say even or too close to call...meh. He also gave the poll a C grade. It's a good poll by a good company. Truth is Trump hurt his business model just like TimmySmith stated really bad. Just look at the articles on his site. All hit pieces. He's trying to get back the money he lost and get back in favor with the left news outlets. He should be burning up the airwaves right now like last time. He's not.

Rassmussen consistently finds Trump with a higher % than other polling firms. So they are often the high end outlier poll for Trump as compared to the aggregate and it's not a surprsie they're the first to find him above Biden. The way to read this Rassmussen poll to compare it to every other Rassmussen poll this election season. You'll see Trump moving up. Further, if you do that across polling firms with CNN, Fox, Emerson, NYT, they may still show Biden ahead but they all show Trump's trajectory/momentum going up in the last few weeks.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Rassmussen consistently finds Trump with a higher % than other polling firms. So they are often the high end outlier poll for Trump as compared to the aggregate and it's not a surprsie they're the first to find him above Biden. The way to read this Rassmussen poll to compare it to every other Rassmussen poll this election season. You'll see Trump moving up. Further, if you do that across polling firms with CNN, Fox, Emerson, NYT, they may still show Biden ahead but they all show Trump's trajectory/momentum going up in the last few weeks.

I would agree but it's still a legit polling company, just different methodologies and they were closer to right last time than the A graders. The race is tightening some but I don't see it getting in the 5 range. I would be surprised if Biden goes any lower than 6.4 or something. 

2 hours ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Trump saved college football in the Midwest and he’s basically running against a turnip in a surgical mask.  I sure hope he is ahead.  

I'm still scratching my head at how Trump got all the credit for this one.

• Haha 1

Polls don't matter...its gonna be close.  I think Biden wins the popular vote by more than Hillary did.  

• Haha 1

If a poll is tied or close that means Trump is winning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

538 leans heavily on the lefty outlier polling company YouGov.  They are a foreign outfit (probably Soros owned) and consistently get high ratings from 538.  In other words, they pay 538 a great deal of money. 

Why are we now suddenly believing a poll?

Historically they have been meh for years now, and in 2016 I we should have seen the death of them as a viable resource for anything other than general amusement.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Why are we now suddenly believing a poll?

Historically they have been meh for years now, and in 2016 I we should have seen the death of them as a viable resource for anything other than general amusement.

Actually the data within the poll is generally pretty good, but ignored by the polling companies.  They are using obvious manipulation to support a predetermined assertion. 

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm still scratching my head at how Trump got all the credit for this one.

Trump gets no credit for anything ever. If Obama had brought peace to the Middle East, we’d talk about it for weeks like we did for the Iran nuclear deal. Instead the MSM buries it and doesn’t talk about it like they will Big Ten football and everything else Trump gets right. 

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Actually the data within the poll is generally pretty good, but ignored by the polling companies.  They are using obvious manipulation to support a predetermined assertion. 

I refuse to trust them, regardless

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Trump gets no credit for anything ever. If Obama had brought peace to the Middle East, we’d talk about it for weeks like we did for the Iran nuclear deal. Instead the MSM buries it and doesn’t talk about it like they will Big Ten football and everything else Trump gets right. 

This doesn't explain why Trump is getting the credit for Big Ten football starting again.  I think it's possible he may have helped some but I haven't seen anything yet that suggests he's responsible for it.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

It clearly states on Nates site they take the polls then apply their own chop shop adjustment to the data. Maybe just leave it alone that way he can deflect the results back to the pollsters and not himself. He even said what they do is very difficult. If it's such torture and doesn't really work why do it.  

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This doesn't explain why Trump is getting the credit for Big Ten football starting again.  I think it's possible he may have helped some but I haven't seen anything yet that suggests he's responsible for it.

Those two sentences say the opposite of each other.

24 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Polls don't matter...its gonna be close.  I think Biden wins the popular vote by more than Hillary did.  

Lol and ? Be honest,  do you think biden is mentally fit to be president ? 

26 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Lol do you see the continual parades for trump huge rallies every day 

meanwhile people who show up to watch biden

also trump supporters

i have zero doubt this will be the biggest landslide since Reagan I know more Hillary voters who are voting for trump than are voting for Biden and I don’t know a single conservative who isn’t voting for trump

14 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Lol and ? Be honest,  do you think biden is mentally fit to be president ? 

yes, but we will see.  I am looking forward to the debate.  

11 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Lol do you see the continual parades for trump huge rallies every day 

meanwhile people who show up to watch biden

also trump supporters

i have zero doubt this will be the biggest landslide since Reagan I know more Hillary voters who are voting for trump than are voting for Biden and I don’t know a single conservative who isn’t voting for trump

yea, we'll see.  I'm just saying I think it is gonna be close.  not too many changes, state wise.  I think more people are going to vote than last time.  

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

yes, but we will see.  I am looking forward to the debate.  

It’ll be a good test of Biden’s mental acuity. He’s able to cobble together sentences correctly most of the time with teleprompter help. We’ll see how functional he is on his own.

Just now, Voltaire said:

It’ll be a good test of Biden’s mental acuity. He’s able to cobble together sentences correctly most of the time with teleprompter help. We’ll see how functional he is on his own.

I have to assume they are preparing him feverishly, because I anticipate he does not have the capacity to handle an actual debate, but maybe he proves to be more capable than he seems.

I am thinking that something happens where they setu0p a justification for him to not do it.  Whether its a COVID thing or something else. I think the leftists will shield him.  

It would not surprise me if he is suddenly "diagnosed" as having COVID in the days leading up to the planned debate to give him an easy out.

Trump hate is not going to inspire people to vote. That falls on Biden. If the GOP had a manatee candidate constantly getting hit by boat propellars, even if I despised the DNC candidate, I probably would not even vote.

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I have to assume they are preparing him feverishly, because I anticipate he does not have the capacity to handle an actual debate, but maybe he proves to be more capable than he seems.

I am thinking that something happens where they setu0p a justification for him to not do it.  Whether its a COVID thing or something else. I think the leftists will shield him.  

It would not surprise me if he is suddenly "diagnosed" as having COVID in the days leading up to the planned debate to give him an easy out.

We had that poll thread a few days ago.  I was surprised by how deep in the minority I was in thinking that Biden would participate.

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Yeah dude, read the thread everyone is pointing out how bad the polls are. Jesus you're almost as dumb as hawkeye.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

If Biden shows up the media will say he won.  That's all he has to do. Of course people who watch will see a totally different story.

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

He will be in the hyperbaric chamber until 5 minutes before the debate, at which time they will shoot him up with baby blood spiked with meth.  That will give him 10 good minutes. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

1) Trump calls Big 10 Commissioner and Presidents

2) Trump demands Big 10 play football

3) Big 10 reverses course and restarts season.  

1 minute ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Simple as that, huh?  I guess I should give all credit to Trump then.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MDC said:

The thread isn't about whether polls matter or not, it's about the bias in reporting the polls.  HTH.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Sort of like:

1)Players plan to disrespect the NA and flag 

2)Many people say they won’t watch 

3)Ratings go down

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Simple as that, huh?  I guess I should give all credit to Trump then.

A few things helped. The coaches and players all wanted to play.... but that was already factored in and they had been ignored originally. The Big Ten decided first that they would lead the country in virtue signalling by deciding not to play for fear of the virus.... then the Big 12, ACC, and SEC said "Fock Off. We're going to play football anyway and the Big Ten can suck our balls," and the Big Ten looked stupid.

Then it dawned on them that they were both handing the evil orange man a big stick to beat them over the head with and that were losing a ton of money by pandering over an issue/stance that was getting increasingly unpopular and capitulated.