JustinCharge

People aren't coming back to movie theaters

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

It was a fun thing to do with my son, we will live. there are so many other things that are canceled that make me much more sad. Like fall fairs and halloween stuff :cry:

Will Santa wear a mask this year? If not the kids will really be confused. Thanks corona

I do feel bad about what the kids have had to give up. Sr year stuff. Halloween. Summer. Sports. They got handed a crappy deal. 

38 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

And did they freak out? For leaving this info out you must now report on can size of everyone in the theater.

They were actually very very bored.  None of the climactic scene got a cheer.  Crowd filed out quietly.  I admit I may have almost dozed off in some parts.  No can size report :(

Once they put out some movies that are worth a damn, the movie goers will be back. Lots of blockbusters in the can waiting to be released. The big movie makers are not going to release anything until all the theaters are open. Otherwise they lose out on possible sales. 

Just now, KayJay1971 said:

Once they put out some movies that are worth a damn, the movie goers will be back. Lots of blockbusters in the can waiting to be released. The big movie makers are not going to release anything until all the theaters are open. Otherwise they lose out on possible sales. 

They can make just as much releasing to VOD.  The only reason they haven't has been the power the movie theaters have wielded.  If a lot of people don't go back anytime soon that power will be diminished and you'll see more movies released straight to VOD as well as theaters.  That's my hope.

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

They were actually very very bored.  None of the climactic scene got a cheer.  Crowd filed out quietly.  I admit I may have almost dozed off in some parts.  No can size report :(

Very good. Now go forth and prosper or something like that. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

They can make just as much releasing to VOD.  The only reason they haven't has been the power the movie theaters have wielded.  If a lot of people don't go back anytime soon that power will be diminished and you'll see more movies released straight to VOD as well as theaters.  That's my hope.

I don't know man. I do enough stuff at home. I am looking forward to watching a good movie in a theater with a crowd of others cheering and jeering as the movie goes along. Yeah it's expensive but so ifs going to a football game and I like doing that from time to time as well. 

Just now, KayJay1971 said:

I don't know man. I do enough stuff at home. I am looking forward to watching a good movie in a theater with a crowd of others cheering and jeering as the movie goes along. Yeah it's expensive but so ifs going to a football game and I like doing that from time to time as well. 

No reason theaters can't continue to exist for people such as yourself.  They charge $20 for VOD of first run movies so it's not super cheap to watch at home either.  But for me, I don't like the crowds.  They detract from the movie for me.  I like the subtleties of a movie that get drowned out in a big theater.  I'd rather watch at home and I've built a home theater that can rival most actual theaters so I don't lose out on the quality of the movie either.  So I'd rather stay at home.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

No reason theaters can't continue to exist for people such as yourself.  They charge $20 for VOD of first run movies so it's not super cheap to watch at home either.  But for me, I don't like the crowds.  They detract from the movie for me.  I like the subtleties of a movie that get drowned out in a big theater.  I'd rather watch at home and I've built a home theater that can rival most actual theaters so I don't lose out on the quality of the movie either.  So I'd rather stay at home.

:doublethumbsup:

I came across an AMC gift card I have that still has $80 on it,hoping I can sell it for $65-$70

1 hour ago, riversco said:

The last movie I saw was Star Wars episode 9.  But I went because I had a free pass and wanted to see if the audience would act out and scream and get angry at how their beloved franchise got wrecked.  I wouldn't have paid for it.

Wait a second, there are 9 Star Wars? And grownups go watch them? We need a war. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wait a second, there are 9 Star Wars? And grownups go watch them? We need a war. 

Darth Troubadour....."No MDC. I am your father."

• Haha 1

Already been expressed, but while I'm sure Kobe to had something to do with it movie theaters with dying anyway. They need to come up with Something that brings people back something big. Because right now? The best stories best movies are found at home on your own couch watching an HD TV.

17 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

The Movie Experience is extremely overpriced and you are forced to watch with too many a holes.

Yep. If they would allow me to stream feature releases in my home, I'd never set foot in a theater again.

Bet mandated sig...

OMG, I just got a$$pounded by a Silverback, thanks a lot, stupid Colts.  I'm worried my Titans will be next!

7 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

People who cheer and jeer at movies should be rounded up and put in camps.

Bet mandated sig...

OMG, I just got a$$pounded by a Silverback, thanks a lot, stupid Colts.  I'm worried my Titans will be next!

9 hours ago, The Elevator Killer said:

I do feel bad about what the kids have had to give up. Sr year stuff. Halloween. Summer. Sports. They got handed a crappy deal. 

That's nothing.  They are gonna get drafted into the war and die.

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. You read that wrong. There are only three. If you stretch it, six at max. Anything  more than that doesn’t count.