Jarvis Basnight

Boy am I sorry I drafted Conner

This guy.  Thought it would make sense to grab him because he was the "bellcow".  Had visions of his first season.  What I overlooked was that the guy is put together with wet tissue, and doesn't seem to be very driven.  Didn't last long in the first game.   Twisted his ankle and looked completely fine on the sidelines, maybe  he just felt like watching instead of playing Monday.  Meanwhile Snell completely showed him up.

I figured Conner would be sitting out this week for sure and Benny would get the start.   Not so fast.....Conner practiced today without limitations.   So now I am quite sure that I'll be rolling with Henry/Mostert at RB, and will choose someone else in my flex position.   I don't really have any faith in him.

Is anyone else starting him with confidence.  If so would you please share with me why?

I'm glad when I tried to trade for him before the season the other owner turned it down

Picked him up in the fourth round thought it was a nice value pick.  Don’t know what to do with him this week. It’s either flex him or Emmanuel Saunders. My number one WR Golladay is out. 

I like Connor a lot, but the injury red flags were well documented coming into this years drafts.  I have no shares, but that’s because things just played out that way.  Snell looked electric Monday night.  We shall see.

Because I have no solid RBs in a Keeper league, I kept Conner and got some potential guys like Z Moss and Gibson. I won't be keeping Conner next year. I'm done.

4 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I've never owned him.  I never will again.   He was an embarrassment the other night.   

That’s what she said

Yeah, somehow I convinced myself he would be the bellcow and drafted him in my two leagues.  Never again, he practiced today and can't even have the decency of staying hurt as I have Snell in both leagues and don't want to start one or the other.  

I'm overthinking of course, but his magical full participant in practice yesterday is him feeling the pressure and we may get a much more motivated guy going forward.  He felt like he had won the top spot and that was his to keep.  Now he realizes he's replaceable and his back is against the wall.  This week could be telling.  Either he steps up and wins the job back or he shrivels and we can very much consider dropping him.

I have Conner and picked up Snell. At this point I just hope one of them take lead back duties. Worst case is they split 50/50 all year, or even worse rotate as lead back every other game.  The old Parcells saying applies to fantasy RBs too - when you have two RBs you have zero RBs...

2 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I'm overthinking of course, but his magical full participant in practice yesterday is him feeling the pressure and we may get a much more motivated guy going forward.  He felt like he had won the top spot and that was his to keep.  Now he realizes he's replaceable and his back is against the wall.  This week could be telling.  Either he steps up and wins the job back or he shrivels and we can very much consider dropping him.

2 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I have Conner and picked up Snell. At this point I just hope one of them take lead back duties. Worst case is they split 50/50 all year, or even worse rotate as lead back every other game.  The old Parcells saying applies to fantasy RBs too - when you have two RBs you have zero RBs...

I think we are unfortunately going to see an unappealing RBBC in Pit.  Snell and Connor will both get 2 down work.  It looks like Samuels will get some 3rd down work.  The OL lost 2 important starters for the year.  This is just a horrible situation.  The other thing that sucks about Connor is that he is like a bigger Breida.  The dude gets hurt in game way too often.

I'm also concerned with Big Ben due to the OL injuries.  He holds the ball so long and is a statue in the pocket.  Sure he shakes off some sacks but he is going to take some hits.  With his age and injuries I don't know if he makes it the entire season.  I'd divest from all Pittsburg players at this point.

3 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

The old Parcells saying applies to fantasy RBs too - when you have two RBs you have zero RBs...

Tell it to Cleveland.

I'm not using him this week. I used Hunt last night and will go with M Brown at RB over Conner. Conner is now on a proof it week for me.

• Like 1

I have almost no doubt this is true.

🤣🤣🤣

The worst kind of fantasy player

Yea he is going to drive me to the insane fantasy football asylum. Benched him today probably will cost me my game this week.  I will have him in next week and he will get a hang nail and sit out. 

This week find that Steelers fan in your league, and sale. 

Fantasypros have them in their buy/sell/hold article this week.  They list him as a sell.  Well no kidding.  Everyone knows that, including every guy in your league.  That includes the Steeler fan who has already thrown out his Conner jersey for Snell.  In actuality I hate to say it but he's a hold.  I'm not going to get any value at all out of him right now so I'll probably let him sit on my bench another week.  

With all these injuries to top backs, you might get a desperate owner to buy. Or maybe his a hold because one needs some depth. 

1 hour ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Snell is giving Conner job security with all his fumbling.  At the very least he is the solid #1 on his team.

I would agree with your statement, Conner is the rb1 , until he’s injured again. 

He lasted until the mid 2nd round in a 12 team keeper league, and was the 15th RB taken. I think over a whole season he'll be serviceable. Depends where you drafted him.