Sign in to follow this  
ric0

FU week 2

I'm not gonna say FU to a guy for getting hurt, but this belongs here anyway.

I needed a TE pretty bad in one league, having drafted only Ebron, so at 6pm tonight I dropped John Ross and picked up Uzomah on a whim as a FA and started him over Ebron.  Uzomah unleashes 4 for 40 and a TD (and targeted for a 2nd) in the first half, and I think I've found my TE (and in perfect parallel, Ross is sucking).

Then it looks like Uzomah went and tore his Achilles in the 2nd half, probly gone for the season, and I'm going to have to go spend $20 on Drew Sample, who was apparently the only Bengal receiver on the field thereafter, having his breakout game in front of every fantasy player in the world.

So, my condolences to Uzomah, but I can't say FU.

I CAN say... C'mon, man!

2 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Joe Mixon can go fock himself.  Actually the idiot Cincy coaches can go fock himself for basically benching Mixon in the 2nd half.  Total waste of a pick.  

The oline worries me, that and it looked like half of his rushes came out of shotgun formation... also... man his sched looks brutal

4 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Joe Mixon can go fock himself.  Actually the idiot Cincy coaches can go fock himself for basically benching Mixon in the 2nd half.  Total waste of a pick.  

1 hour ago, rallo said:

The oline worries me, that and it looked like half of his rushes came out of shotgun formation... also... man his sched looks brutal

I wouldn't panic on Mixon just yet.  So far, defenses are overloading against the run and inviting the rookie QB to throw.  As Burrow gets more effective, teams will have to respect that and open up the run game a little more.  And while it sucks that Mixon hasn't been in the end zone yet, he is on pace for 1,256 yards from scrimmage even against the stacked boxes he's seen so far.

I agree that the O-line is a problem, but it's really no worse than it was last year, when Mixon gained 994 yards in the 2nd 8 games.

This is an offense that's still finding its legs, but I think there's reason to believe that things will improve--especially for Mixon and Green--as the season progresses.  If he gets into the end zone on that attempt from the 3-inch line, Mixon would have had 18.6 PPR fantasy points last night and nobody's mad.

Give it time.

44 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

As a Mixon owner, I'm hoping Swift takes over DET backfield....Soon!

How does that help Mixon?

I think if you own Mixon, look for a deal, while he still as value.  

Oline stinks l thy have very little playmakers right now, Green can’t catch, it’s not going to be pretty.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think if you own Mixon, look for a deal, while he still as value.

Maybe you can get Fournette for him.

Elf recommended if you own Mixon to get Fournette for him. 

There you go, one vote. 

Thanks elf. 

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

How does that help Mixon?

Options.

Mixon can still be used as a flex or a bye week fill in if one of my other backs steps up to fill the RB2.

I rarely trade players. In the leagues I play in, trades are only when you have such a great advantage or you're so desperate that it's completely one sided. One usually causes the other. We all do the same research and know when a trade is bogus so most are declined.

Mixon is just doing what he does.

He always sucks in the first half of the season. He's only had one 100 yard game in the first half of the season his entire career and even that was the 6th game in 2018.

Last season he was total garbage in the first 8 games. Then he finished strong.

Don't worry, odds are he comes on strong in the 2nd half.

31 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Mixon is just doing what he does.

He always sucks in the first half of the season. He's only had one 100 yard game in the first half of the season his entire career and even that was the 6th game in 2018.

Last season he was total garbage in the first 8 games. Then he finished strong.

Don't worry, odds are he comes on strong in the 2nd half.

With a developing rookie QB, this is going to be even more the case this season.  Right now, defenses are stuffing the run and inviting the rookie to beat them through the air.  Fortunately for Mixon, Burrow is starting to do just that.  As defenses begin to respect Burrow more, there will be more room for Mixon to work.

He finished RB13 last year; he's headed for a top 10 finish this year.

I would see if you can trade him high, while one still can. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I would see if you can trade him high, while one still can. 

If you have to sell him, definitely sell him high--but be sure to wait a few more weeks until he axually reaches his high.

He's pretty low now, compared to his draft day stock, so selling now would mean taking a loss--with a promising outlook ahead!  It would make no sense at all.

And then in a few weeks, when he DOES reach his potential, you'd be foolish to trade a guy who'll amass 1000 yards from scrimmage in the 2nd half of the season.

So yeah, this would be a strictly weepaws kind of a move.

The Axe Elf wannabes are buying low.

Like I said , rookie Qb , bad o line, no fear at all to the def at the wr spot.  

I think Mixon as all the making of a player on track for a lower then his usual ff performance. M

If one waits , and as he loses more value, so goes ones return. 

Sale. 

FU to any kitty-cat that starts throwing out names 2 minutes into the early games in hopes to reverse jinx their underperforming roster.

37 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

FU to any kitty-cat that starts throwing out names 2 minutes into the early games in hopes to reverse jinx their underperforming roster.

Yeah stop that.  

FU James Conner.  Cost me a win last week.  Cost me a win this week.  FU loser

FU Rasheem Mostert.  Naturally I"m playing against you in all 3 of my leagues.  

FU Zeke, and all of Dallas.  What a pitiful display of football

FU James Robinson, or whatever the hell your name is.  Thanks for nothing.  Ditto Dallas Goedert

34 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

FU Zeke, and all of Dallas.  What a pitiful display of football

That might actually be an understatement

13 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

That might actually be an understatement

Yes, it's a disgrace to all the pop warner teams to call it football

#freeAllenRobinson

Wentz looking like total trash, killing Goeddert (hard to see that guy when he is standing alone in the end zone, totally get the throw away)

Brady deciding that he is gonna throw 40 times on the worst run defense on Earth.

4 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Adam Theilen catches 3-31 on the first drive.  Ends the game with ...... 3-31.  Pathetic.  FU, Adam

👍

Also FU Cousins....I guess here's were Cousins says he needs to rededicate himself to football and this loss was all his fault....Like he does every year....

He'll come out throwing 5 TD's next week and go back to sucking again.

On 9/19/2020 at 11:47 AM, AxeElf said:

With a developing rookie QB, this is going to be even more the case this season.  Right now, defenses are stuffing the run and inviting the rookie to beat them through the air.  Fortunately for Mixon, Burrow is starting to do just that.  As defenses begin to respect Burrow more, there will be more room for Mixon to work.

I agree.  with a rookie QB the usual strategy is to stuff the run and force the kid to throw the ball.   You dont stray from that until the kid shows he has what it takes.

things will normalize soon.

7 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Big play Slay and ARob can gnaw my gnarled root this week for not showing up. 

What ever happen to A Rob? 

Uh, how in the f0ck do the Falcons score 39 points and Julio gets me 2 catches and less than 4 points. WTF? Seriously.

Oh, and just FU to the entire 2020 season. I'm already planning for next year. 😭

J Gage is really biting Into Jones ff production. 

Find that interesting.