Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Any Word On James Conner's Injury?

I've seen very little out of Pittsburgh.  CBS even hinted it could be a high ankle.  

Needless to say the situation is vague.  He didn't practice at all, which lends to the high ankle.  In which case Connor would likely be out a month.  

Anyone heard anything?

He had a full practice Thursday.  Makes playing any Pitt RB risky.  As an owner of J Conner I'm not risking playing him but hoping he takes back his role as the lead back.

26 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Which means he could play a full 4 snaps on Sunday 👍

Hoping for 3 carries, 87 yards, 2 TD's.  And 1 reception for 85 yards and a TD.  Then he'll get hurt.  I'm feeling good about those projected stats.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

He had a full practice Thursday.  Makes playing any Pitt RB risky.  As an owner of J Conner I'm not risking playing him but hoping he takes back his role as the lead back.

This ^

Conundrum backfield. Snell looked better but offers little to nothing in the passing game, which narrows the playbook. Makes me wonder if Connor had tweaked the ankle before the game. 

This is what I think (hope) is gonna happen. Conner will start this week, but Snell will get 8-10 carries and everyone will freak out saying “it’s a timeshare now”, when in reality it will just be Tomlin taking it easy on conners ankle. Next week Conner will get 80% carries and pretty much be the “bell cow” the rest of the way. Until he gets hurt again.....

7 hours ago, DrG said:

Conundrum backfield. Snell looked better but offers little to nothing in the passing game, which narrows the playbook. Makes me wonder if Connor had tweaked the ankle before the game. 

The injury happened on his last touch of the first quarter. He caught a screen and planted his left foot to turn upfield. It's pretty noticeable if you slow down the film. I'm actually shocked he was able to return to practice and practice in full as quickly as he was.

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

This is what I think (hope) is gonna happen. Conner will start this week, but Snell will get 8-10 carries and everyone will freak out saying “it’s a timeshare now”, when in reality it will just be Tomlin taking it easy on conners ankle. Next week Conner will get 80% carries and pretty much be the “bell cow” the rest of the way. Until he gets hurt again.....

This is pretty much what I expect as well. Only problem is that if Denver plays run defense as well as I know it can, neither Conner nor Snell will look good behind the Steelers' injured o-line. I can't wait to hear how many people will start crying for Anthony McFarland if that happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

you might be right on this one.

Coleman will be back this week.  He will split some work with Snell and be called off the field for Samuels on 3rd down. The OL is depleted and you'll get 15 for 40 and 2 receptions for 15.... if he makes it through the game.

38 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

Coleman will be back this week.  He will split some work with Snell and be called off the field for Samuels on 3rd down. The OL is depleted and you'll get 15 for 40 and 2 receptions for 15.... if he makes it through the game.

Cool.  I just picked up Coleman.  He'll probly get 3 TDs on those 17 touches.