Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Mostert FTW!

Imagine how fast he would’ve ran if there were any jets around to draft....

And now he's out for the game

19 minutes ago, nobody said:

Moestert hurt now too?  Geez.  Bloody Sunday.

I'll say!

Players are going down faster than Paris Hilton on Saturday night 

8 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I'll say!

Players are going down faster than Paris Hilton on Saturday night 

No preseason/limited training camp, was always the worry. The deepest real/fantasy teams will have the advantage 

Hope he returns soon

2 hours ago, Buttmonkey said:

Predict McKinnon shines resulting if full RBBC rest of season when Mostert returns 

Behind their Offensive Line in their offense, limited touches is all you need.

Week 1 RB Totals - 23 Carries, 105 Yards, 9 Receptions for 162 Yards on 15 Targets, 2 TDs

Week 2 RB Totals - 27 Carries, 184 Yards, 6 Receptions for 49 Yards on 7 Targets, 2 TDs.

Average - 5.78 Yards per Carry, 7.5 Receptions per Game @ 14.06 Yards per Reception...

Yeah, I'll take 10-15 touches in that backfield every week.

3 hours ago, Buttmonkey said:

Predict McKinnon shines resulting if full RBBC rest of season when Mostert returns 

I don't think this is a prediction so much as a recap of the first two weeks.

McKinnon will indeed shine today, resulting in the continuance of the same full RBBC they have had from the start of the season.

He didn’t reach that prediction of 30 ff points.  

If you own and started Wilson today, congrats.  

On 9/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, weepaws said:

He didn’t reach that prediction of 30 ff points.  

If you own and started Wilson today, congrats.  

I lost Mostert and CMC last week....McKinnon and Hunt did just enough to get me the win this week.

McKinnon got himself a rib injury in the 4th quarter though, so I scooped up Jeff Wilson while I could.  Not sure if I'm gonna survive next week.  Get well soon, RBs...

1 hour ago, Saint Elistan said:

I lost Mostert and CMC last week....McKinnon and Hunt did just enough to get me the win this week.

McKinnon got himself a rib injury in the 4th quarter though, so I scooped up Jeff Wilson while I could.  Not sure if I'm gonna survive next week.  Get well soon, RBs...

I hope those Rbs return. 

I think Mostert was scheduled to miss just one game, right? 

Decided to put this here instead of adding a new topic.

"Rest of the Way Rankings": 

41 Raheem Mostert

Meanwhile others moving up:

14 McCaffrey

16 Kareem Hunt

23 Joshua Kelley

39 Damien Harris

40 Devonta Freeman

Help me understand this.  Of course McCaffrey listed higher because he's better.  And Hunt also makes sense because of new opportunity but Chubb will be coming back.  But Kelley, Harris, and Freeman makes little sense to me.  Mostert most likely coming back this week, was extremely explosive before the injury, and plays for one of the most RB friendly offenses that's getting healthier.  

14 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Decided to put this here instead of adding a new topic.

41 Raheem Mostert

Meanwhile others moving up:

14 McCaffrey

16 Kareem Hunt

23 Joshua Kelley

39 Damien Harris

40 Devonta Freeman

Help me understand this.  Of course McCaffrey listed higher because he's better.  And Hunt also makes sense because of new opportunity but Chubb will be coming back.  But Kelley, Harris, and Freeman makes little sense to me.  Mostert most likely coming back this week, was extremely explosive before the injury, and plays for one of the most RB friendly offenses that's getting healthier.  

i was thinking of something similar about their chark ranking....and even making a thread about it....FYI i own both guys in a real high stakes league...

the mostert ranking probably actually makes less sense to me than charks...but im guessing that their thinking here is that it becomes more of a commitee because mckinnon is producing solidly...and coleman will eventually be back likely...and that wilson is now in the mix.....i dont see it that way... ..you have to remember doug orth predicted in his bold predictions that mckinnon would be the top producing back and hes probably still sticking by that.......i think mostert is clearly the best guy for them to feed...i dont think coleman will be much of a threat and wilson almost none once mostert is back and healthy.....but i think some of these guys are looking at whats happening with the situations in baltimore and with the rams....just rotating guys and it never making sense week to week and that this could be similar....i dont see it that way but that might be their mode of thinking

56 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

41 Raheem Mostert

From which fly-by-night site did you harvest THAT piece of detritus?

Mostert is a top 10 RB when healthy.

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

From which fly-by-night site did you harvest THAT piece of detritus?

Mostert is a top 10 RB when healthy.

Yeah I agree 100%. What games have you all swatched? Mostert has been a monster. Look at his last 10-12 games. 

4 minutes ago, JOHN 316 said:

This was the 1st year I stopped following this site for their rankings. Almost none of them make sense on a weekly basis.

Damien Harris is at 39? I'll chew off my left foot if he is 39 or lower this week. 

Not above questioning some choices here of course but not going to start piling on as a bad ranking site.  I would disagree completely.  Last year I followed the talking heads/rankings on Fantasypros closely to create my draft prep and my team was about as average as you can get.  Went back to using FFToday as my guide to building my own draft prep rankings and as of right now my team is pretty good.  I'm happy.

He's averaging over 9.5 yards per carry over his last two games.

How do the 49ers not hand him the ball on every play?

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He's averaging over 9.5 yards per carry over his last two games.

How do the 49ers not hand him the ball on every play?

How? They call a play that doesn’t give Mostert the ball, it’s a pretty simple process. 

Thanks. 

36 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I traded Fournette for him straight up in 2 dynasties. Needed to switch it up. He had a nice week for me. 

Best use of Fournette mania I have heard so far!

Well done!

He was the one bright spot on a very bad offense today.   He looked decisive on his cuts and explosive.   I think he's maybe a little better than 41st overall going forward 

On 10/7/2020 at 12:17 PM, cyclone24 said:

Damien Harris is at 39? I'll chew off my left foot if he is 39 or lower this week. 

How'd that taste?

If Mostert stays healthy, he looks to me like a stud #2 RB going forward.  Good vision and exploded through the holes against Miami.  He's a gamebreaker.

Right now he’s 6th in non ppr avg per game. 

If he can stay healthy, he should be a rb1. 

22nd is low for a rb1, unless it’s a big league.  

ROTW are humorous. 

If Mostert doesn’t get injured, he’s probably 2nd in the league in rushing yards behind Cook.

i actually just bet Mostert to win the rushing title at 82-1.  With cook hurt it’s a wide open horse race

6 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

i actually just bet Mostert to win the rushing title at 82-1.  With cook hurt it’s a wide open horse race

That was kinda dumb; half of Mostert's production is receptions and receiving yardage.  There's no way he wins the rushing title--especially after missing a couple of games.

Besides, the defending rushing champion (historically a stronger performer down the stretch) is still going strong and has a 140 yard lead on Mostert at this point, with one more game to play than Mostert, and averaging 15 more rushing yards per game than Mostert.

You can kiss that money goodbye.

I hope it was just five dollars. 

20 hours ago, AxeElf said:

That was kinda dumb; half of Mostert's production is receptions and receiving yardage.  There's no way he wins the rushing title--especially after missing a couple of games.

Besides, the defending rushing champion (historically a stronger performer down the stretch) is still going strong and has a 140 yard lead on Mostert at this point, with one more game to play than Mostert, and averaging 15 more rushing yards per game than Mostert.

i dont how much gambling you do...but i can assure you ive been involved very much for the last 20+ years....you need to learn about expected value...mostert at 82-1 is good value...it may be a long shot but the odds certainly reflect it....its def worth a 50-100 dollar bet just for the potential return.....

anyone ahead of him certainly has time to get injured....and who knows how severe it could be....take in to account how possible it is mostert could end up have a 150-200 yard day at any point with his ability to break off long runs( i know its the jets but he had another long one called back before he exited very early).....its not a huge stretch to see it happening with some fortunate luck....82-1 is a nice payoff........not every bet is about the 50/50 chance of cashing in.....some people love the potential of big returns on something that could have alot of factors at play and they think can certainly happen

21 hours ago, AxeElf said:

the rushing title is a wide-open horse race after cooks injury.   

he's averaging 80 yards per game which would put him in 2nd behind cook.  I believe they use him more moving forward.   its 82-1 for a reason Axie, called a LONG shot.  not every horse race ends with the favourite.   With Covid, and injuries, why The F not. 

50 bucks isn't breaking my bank and it gives me another reason to watch the 9ers game. 

I'll bump this after his next 150 yard game