Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

UPDATE: Saquon Barkley Out For The Year - ACL

That giants team is already putrid.  They're going to be hot garbage without Barkley.  Hope he doesn't miss significant time.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

That giants team is already putrid.  They're going to be hot garbage without Barkley.  Hope he doesn't miss significant time.

I was watching the game and saw the play. It looked like his knee buckled inward. As soon as he went down he slammed his fist on the ground and flipped his helmet off immediately. Couldn't put any weight on it at all.

If Barkley misses real time I could see them being dumb enough to sign devonta freeman.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

If Barkley misses real time I could see them being dumb enough to sign devonta freeman.

Zero chance of that...

• Haha 1

Glad I didn't take him 1st overall

13 minutes ago, bfros said:

torn ACL? or what? 

Freeman would be way better than Gallman or dion lewis

Too early to tell.  

16 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Well, literally no one did so Congratulations?

That's not what the talk was a few weeks ago

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Torn ACL reported with more tests to be done on Monday.

where you read this?

Just now, bfros said:

where you read this?

Shefty reporting sources ‘fear’ torn ACL but not official..

18 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Shefty reporting sources ‘fear’ torn ACL but not official..

It won't be official until he has an MRI

they say they will likely sign a RB....is Freeman the obvi top choice or is there another likely candidate??

2 minutes ago, bfros said:

they say they will likely sign a RB....is Freeman the obvi top choice or is there another likely candidate??

Not obvious but potential. They would likely look at anyone who was on the team before and on speed dial. 

8 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Who cares.  

Top 3 worst O Line in football. 

There are no RBs to add here folks.

I've been saying this since they drafted Barkley. What team that is just a total wreck at every position, drafts an RB with a high first round draft pick? What are they going to have to pay this guy in a year or two if he comes back strong from the injury next year?

The chiefs took hellaire because they are already good. and it was at the end of the first round.

plenty of fantasy relevant RBs on crap teams...right James Robinson? Their lead RB (whoever that becomes) will be flex worthy in most leagues. 

9 minutes ago, bfros said:

plenty of fantasy relevant RBs on crap teams...right James Robinson? Their lead RB (whoever that becomes) will be flex worthy in most leagues. 

Wayne Gallman will be that guy, he's already on the roster...

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Zero chance of that...

Not zero.  I dont see anyone capable in that backfield.   Not saying Freeman is great, but hes better than what they have.

I acknowledge that's not setting the bar very high.

But Freeman is at least a good enough receiver out of the backfield that they shouldnt need to change their game plan all that much once he learns the offense.

and you dont want this to be a wasted year in the development of Danny Dimes.  You gotta have someone who can play.

I dont see many options outside of Freeman.   So long as his asking price isnt steep I think they will at least work him out to see if he has enough skill to still start.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

Not zero.  I dont see anyone capable in that backfield.   Not saying Freeman is great, but hes better than what they have.

I acknowledge that's not setting the bar very high.

But Freeman is at least a good enough receiver out of the backfield that they shouldnt need to change their game plan all that much once he learns the offense.

and you dont want this to be a wasted year in the development of Danny Dimes.  You gotta have someone who can play.

I dont see many options outside of Freeman.   So long as his asking price isnt steep I think they will at least work him out to see if he has enough skill to still start.

The reason he is unsigned is the asking price was too high. Wayne Gallman is better than him anyway.

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

The reason he is unsigned is the asking price was too high. Wayne Gallman is better than him anyway.

I am not sure about that, but I agree if hes asking for a boatload of money, he may sit a while longer.

unless hes willing to sign a 1 year deal

49 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I am not sure about that, but I agree if hes asking for a boatload of money, he may sit a while longer.

unless hes willing to sign a 1 year deal

yes, money is the prob with DFree....he's only 28, not injured. He wants a real deal. 

6 hours ago, bfros said:

yes, money is the prob with DFree....he's only 28, not injured. He wants a real deal. 

that may well be the case, but the Giants likely only need him on a 1 year deal.  I am guessing he wants more than 1 year.

This may be the stumbling point in negotiations.

That being said, hes not playing right now.  maybe a 1 year deal will make teams remember he can play. (assuming of course he still can)

but i dont think anyone is giving out 2-3 year deals right now.  he should take what he can get

Sad news.  

14 hours ago, jrokh said:

Wayne Gallman is better than no one. Probably one of the worst RBs I’ve ever seen on film.

Maybe they can sign Derrius Guice.  Get him a good lawyer; pay off some victims.  He could be ready to roll by week 8.

• Haha 1