Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

UPDATE: Saquon Barkley Out For The Year - ACL

On 9/21/2020 at 9:11 AM, LoOnAtIk said:

Wayne Gallman is better than no one. Probably one of the worst RBs I’ve ever seen on film.

Ou boy. And this is the guy I’m taking advice from about Akers. 

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well the one highlight he saw on sportscenter was Gallman getting stuffed, so cut him some slack...

52 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Please don’t tell me you’re serious. 2 short TDs? 

22 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Well the one highlight he saw on sportscenter was Gallman getting stuffed, so cut him some slack...

I’m pretty sure that’s all of Gallmans highlights.

1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Please don’t tell me you’re serious. 2 short TDs? 

When you were doing your analysis, did you also analyze the putrid line he was running behind, that has since improved? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When you were doing your analysis, did you also analyze the putrid line he was running behind, that has since improved? 

I found a tweet showing all of his runs from Sunday. For the most part he was not bad but he definitely missed a couple easy holes. Blame the O-line if you want but when they do open the hole and the RB chooses not use it, that’s bad.

Want the link?

Even on his longest run he probably should’ve bounced it outside. Either way I counted 1-2 broken tackles at most. Take away his last carry that got stuffed he still has 17 carries for 57 for 3.4 ypc. He’s doing 4.0 ypc on the season which is also his career average. 

He’s average on a good day. I still think he’s terrible.

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Even on his longest run he probably should’ve bounced it outside. Either way I counted 1-2 broken tackles at most. Take away his last carry that got stuffed he still has 17 carries for 57 for 3.4 ypc. He’s doing 4.0 ypc on the season which is also his career average. 

I’d much prefer Gallman to Akers in fantasy, and twice on sundays...

I invested in Gallman in dynasty awhile back so I watched him closely.  He wasn't running like that.  He has this power and explosion all of the sudden, and he has this willingness to challenge tacklers that wasn't there before. My guess is he's on PEDs trying to get a contract.  

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

That’s the problem with averages. A run from the one yard line can only get you one yard at most.  But it still counts as an attempt. Stick around kid, I’ll learn you about numbers and stuff. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, nobody said:

I invested in Gallman in dynasty awhile back so I watched him closely.  He wasn't running like that.  He has this power and explosion all of the sudden, and he has this willingness to challenge tacklers that wasn't there before. My guess is he's on PEDs trying to get a contract.  

This is truth. I always remember him running timid and slow. He’s showing a bit more burst than I remember but I still wouldn’t say he looked good. Better than before, yes, but that’s not saying much.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s the problem with averages. A run from the one yard line can only get you one yard at most.  But it still counts as an attempt. Stick around kid, I’ll learn you about numbers and stuff. 

Those numbers typically don’t affect your averages if you don’t get stuffed multiple times before actually scoring. But please keep your narrow minded point of view and teach me more.

All the other stuff aside, that run by Gallman on his first TD when he did the superman over the entire line was pretty sweet.

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Those numbers typically don’t affect your averages if you don’t get stuffed multiple times before actually scoring. But please keep your narrow minded point of view and teach me more.

Here’s a lesson about averages. If 3 guys are riding in a car and their cumulative wealth is 300k, then the average wealth of the occupants in the car is 100k. . If Bill gates gets in the car and his wealth is 40 billion, then the average wealth of the occupants in the car is 10 billion. Averages can be very misleading. Would you compare a RB that ran for 100 yards on 25 carries to a guy who ran for 20 on two? Would you then deduce  the latter is the better play? No, you wouldn’t. Until Akers combines volume with production then his average means nothing. We don’t know what he can do yet, because we haven’t seen it. 

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Here’s a lesson about averages. If 3 guys are riding in a car and their cumulative wealth is 300k, then the average wealth of the occupants in the car is 100k. . If Bill gates gets in the car and his wealth is 40 billion, then the average wealth of the occupants in the car is 10 billion. Averages can be very misleading. Would you compare a RB that ran for 100 yards on 25 carries to a guy who ran for 20 on two? Would you then deduce  the latter is the better play? No, you wouldn’t. Until Akers combines volume with production then his average means nothing. We don’t know what he can do yet, because we haven’t seen it. 

LMFAO.

We saw what he can do in college on a terrible team. It’s a speculative add that could potentially reap huge rewards. You and weepaws like to play it safe, see the production first. Nothing wrong with that. I prefer to hit homeruns and maybe strike out a few times as opposed to hitting a couple singles. I’d rather have him stashed for cheap now, as opposed to bidding against everyone else if/when he breaks out.

I think the main people bashing my take are either Henderson owners or owners that already dropped Akers. Henderson owners can’t be too thrilled with his outlook going forward, should have sold when you had the chance.

Hold on now mr judgement, I don’t play ff safe, I’ll buy when I see something worthy to buy. 

Im not a Rams backfield owner, I haven’t own nor do I own any of them. 

So before you post about be once again , ask me first, I don’t go around posting about you. 

I totally agree, that taking shots and shooting for home runs, isn’t only fun, but rewarding when it does work out.  

But I don’t see a home run with Akers this season, I’ll be looking at him next season. N

So just list the person you’re posting to, I don’t need more ink. 

Ps going forward if Akers avg 8 plus points per game, non ppr I’ll give you all the credit, and tell you we’re right and I was wrong, now take care  

18 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

LMFAO.

We saw what he can do in college on a terrible team. It’s a speculative add that could potentially reap huge rewards. You and weepaws like to play it safe, see the production first. Nothing wrong with that. I prefer to hit homeruns and maybe strike out a few times as opposed to hitting a couple singles. I’d rather have him stashed for cheap now, as opposed to bidding against everyone else if/when he breaks out.

I think the main people bashing my take are either Henderson owners or owners that already dropped Akers. Henderson owners can’t be too thrilled with his outlook going forward, should have sold when you had the chance.

I posted this to the wrong thread sorry guys.

30 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

LMFAO.

I have Henderson and Akers. I don’t play either so I could give a rip which one steps up. 

I have Henderson and Akers. I don’t play either so I could give a rip which one steps up. 

So you’d rather have both of them stuck evenly in RBBC as opposed to 1 of them get the bulk of the carries? You’d be crazy to not be rooting for Akers. 

33 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

So you’d rather have both of them stuck evenly in RBBC as opposed to 1 of them get the bulk of the carries? You’d be crazy to not be rooting for Akers. 

I said I don’t care which one it is. The real problem here is McVey thinks he’s a genius but it’s working. So everyone is stuck.  

I said I don’t care which one it is. The real problem here is McVey thinks he’s a genius but it’s working. So everyone is stuck.  

Agreed 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Hold on now mr judgement, I don’t play ff safe, I’ll buy when I see something worthy to buy. 

Im not a Rams backfield owner, I haven’t own nor do I own any of them. 

So before you post about be once again , ask me first, I don’t go around posting about you. 

I totally agree, that taking shots and shooting for home runs, isn’t only fun, but rewarding when it does work out.  

But I don’t see a home run with Akers this season, I’ll be looking at him next season. N

So just list the person you’re posting to, I don’t need more ink. 

Ps going forward if Akers avg 8 plus points per game, non ppr I’ll give you all the credit, and tell you we’re right and I was wrong, now take care  

Spoken like someone who always plays it safe.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Spoken like someone who always plays it safe.

No, i spoke like someone that plays it smart.  

Been offered Barkley for Chubb straight up ppr. If he can return to for m great but I'm a little reluctant trading for a injured player.

I think Chubb has been a pretty darn good player, I think I would stay put.  

9 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Been offered Barkley for Chubb straight up ppr. If he can return to for m great but I'm a little reluctant trading for a injured player.

I’m assuming this is dynasty. If you’re out of contention I’d probably make that trade. Didn’t Chubb have injuries in college? All things equal I'd prefer Saquon assuming he’s 100% 

On 11/17/2020 at 8:07 AM, LoOnAtIk said:

there were definitely a couple of runs where I saw the hole open up and he ran into the pile of people.

That was disappointing, but there were a couple good runs too.

I know some RBs take a while for the light to turn on.   but the good runs definitely make me see why hes in the NFL.  Dude has some potential.  its just a matter of whether he will achieve that potential.

Some RBs eventually figure it out, but some others never do.

in his case, i dont see him ever unseating Sequon Barkley as the starter, but if he performs well, he could get a shot with another team.

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

there were definitely a couple of runs where I saw the hole open up and he ran into the pile of people.

That was disappointing, but there were a couple good runs too.

I know some RBs take a while for the light to turn on.   but the good runs definitely make me see why hes in the NFL.  Dude has some potential.  its just a matter of whether he will achieve that potential.

Some RBs eventually figure it out, but some others never do.

in his case, i dont see him ever unseating Sequon Barkley as the starter, but if he performs well, he could get a shot with another team.

How long has he been in the league? I think these are some of the most explosive runs I’ve ever seen from him. He’s probably a JAG and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

Did anyone have the same shocked reaction seeing Alfred Morris taking handoffs a few weeks ago? I had no clue he was still in the league lol

Anyone who thinks Gallman is better than Akers is straight up tripping. Examine the facts.....

Wayne - 8 career TDs = 48 points

David - 386 FGs / 1,721 points scored