drobeski

Hows Wentz looking ?

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Same for Doug Williams.  Tampa has never been able to package a "good" coach with a "good" QB, and a "good" supporting cast.  Even when they did have some good QB's, like Vinny and Williams, they had terrible coaching.  Dilfer gets trashed a lot, but he wasn't all that bad.  The problem with Dilfer was that he came a long when Dungy was there.  If there was ever a mental midget when it comes to offense, it's Tony Dungy.  I loved what Dungy did for the defense and the team as a whole, but his handling (or lack there of), of the offense, literally cost this organization multiple championships.

If we had Jon Gruden as the OC when Dungy got hired as the HC, Dilfer would have had a very respectable career and probably multiple championships.  That defense was for years was elite but had offenses that were tragically awful.  From 1996 (when Dungy took over), to 2007. the Bucs had a top 10 defense every year and a top 3 in half of them.  The offense, only twice, ranked in the top 15.

Dungy being a first ballot HOF coach, or in the HOF at all is a joke. We all know what that’s all about. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dungy being a first ballot HOF coach, or in the HOF at all is a joke. We all know what that’s all about. 

True, but I will say his work on the Defense in Tampa was meteoric.  The system that he had fit the talent perfectly.  Though, people do forget that Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, and John Lynch were drafted by Sam Wyche.  Anthony McFarland and Brian Kelly were the only 2 good defensive players drafted under Dungy.

Lol gotta kill the poor philthy fans..they thought they had a dynasty in the making... um nope just another flash in the pan run of the mill fluke 1 time champion already rebuilding.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

True, but I will say his work on the Defense in Tampa was meteoric.  The system that he had fit the talent perfectly.  Though, people do forget that Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, and John Lynch were drafted by Sam Wyche.  Anthony McFarland and Brian Kelly were the only 2 good defensive players drafted under Dungy.

It’s HOF coach, not HOF defensive coordinator. He was a coordinator masking as a head coach. Just like Buddy Ryan. He just happened to get hooked up with P Manning, the real head coach. 

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s HOF coach, not HOF defensive coordinator. He was a coordinator masking as a head coach. Just like Buddy Ryan. He just happened to get hooked up with P Manning, the real head coach. 

I don't disagree.

Besides the rookies and the back ups forced to play, is he now the worst QB in the NFL? Trubisky ? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Besides the rookies and the back ups forced to play, is he now the worst QB in the NFL? Trubisky ? 

Jake Luton played today start to finish.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Jake Luton played today start to finish.

Besides the rookies and back ups forced to play. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Besides the rookies and back ups forced to play. 

But you included a backup. So...it's open season I thought.

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He is the worst post rookie contract, starter in the league.  

I think all the injuries broke him. Eagles will be picking Top 10 this year, maybe Top 5. They should get Hurts a few starts and think about drafting a QB of the future.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think all the injuries broke him. Eagles will be picking Top 10 this year, maybe Top 5. They should get Hurts a few starts and think about drafting a QB of the future.

Sure. They should pay a first and second round qb’s salary and then add another one. Lol. Clueless. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Or maybe he was just never an NFL QB.  Look, the dude played in the focking Missouri Valley conference.  Name another NFL QB from that conference?  Kurt Warner, that's it, and he wasn't even drafted.  He made himself.  The Eagles traded their entire future to take this scrub #2 overall, one of the worst trades/picks in NFL history, and then they start him immediately. He went from playing against guys my size vs Weber focking State to actual men in the NFL.

And look, he did alright his first year, because he was part of a super bowl winning team, that after he broke his puzzy, the backup stepped in to get the ring.  But then, when asked to lead the team, he's not capable.  He went from Missouri Valley football to "trade your team #2 pick NFL MVP" over the course of a few months, when he was always just this ginger faygot from flyover land.

After the Eagles cut him, he'll land somewhere as a backup, get groomed, get coached, maybe he'll be able to resurrect his career.  But for now, it's over Johnny.  And if Philly makes the same mistake with the next dude, I'll feel sorry for him too.

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sure. They should pay a first and second round qb’s salary and then add another one. Lol. Clueless. 

Hurts isn't expensive.  His contract is for $6M over 4 years.  If they cut him at the end of the season, he'd only cost them like $4M.

I was wrong about Wentz.....at the time I was bummed that the Cowboys couldn't get him.

Is he on drugs or something?

10 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Or maybe he was just never an NFL QB.  Look, the dude played in the focking Missouri Valley conference.  Name another NFL QB from that conference?  Kurt Warner, that's it, and he wasn't even drafted.  He made himself.  The Eagles traded their entire future to take this scrub #2 overall, one of the worst trades/picks in NFL history, and then they start him immediately. He went from playing against guys my size vs Weber focking State to actual men in the NFL.

And look, he did alright his first year, because he was part of a super bowl winning team, that after he broke his puzzy, the backup stepped in to get the ring.  But then, when asked to lead the team, he's not capable.  He went from Missouri Valley football to "trade your team #2 pick NFL MVP" over the course of a few months, when he was always just this ginger faygot from flyover land.

After the Eagles cut him, he'll land somewhere as a backup, get groomed, get coached, maybe he'll be able to resurrect his career.  But for now, it's over Johnny.  And if Philly makes the same mistake with the next dude, I'll feel sorry for him too.

I disagree with this assessment.  In his rookie season, he clearly was learning.  He completed 62% of his passes but almost had a 1:1 TD:Int ratio and averaged only 6.2 ypa and had a 79.3 passer rating and 49.4 QBR... clearly not that good.  However, in year 2 when he was the MVP leader over the first 13 weeks, he was great.  People seem to start ragging on him the very next year, which makes little sense.  His completion % went up from the Super Bowl season, from 60.2 to 69.6%, his TD:Int ratio, while down, was still 3:1 and was 7th best in the NFL that year.  His ypa was higher at 7.7, up from 7.5 the year before, which was in the top third of the league and his passer rating was 102.2 up from 101.9 the year before.

Even last year, he had a revolving door at WR and still managed to complete almost 64% of his passes and still posted a 93.1 passer rating and almost had a 4:1 TD:Int ration.

Wentz isn't the problem.  The coaching staff, the band-aid OL, the patchwork receiving corp who aren't very good even when healthy, lack of backfield stability (7 different RB's started at least 5 games over the last 2.5 seasons), and terrible play calling is the problem.  He has no confidence, and nor should he have, in virtually any one on this team.

If he can stick it out for 1 more season, he can come to Tampa with Evans, Godwin, Johnson, and Brate to throw too and Jones and Vaughn in the backfiled.  Plus, a better/improving OLine.

43 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You’re trying too hard and clowning yourself here.

57 minutes ago, MDC said:

Hurts is garbage. He's not NFL QB material. Never will be. Wentz stinks and has stunk ever since Frank Reich and DeFlip left. That's the 1st place I would look as far as being the problem. The coaching he's getting is currently horrific and he's not the kind of guy that can wing it like Mahomes. No one is holding him accountable and fixing his bad decisions.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

You’re trying too hard and clowning yourself here.

I guess it's easier to accept that he used to be awesome but turned into crap because of injuries.

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I guess it's easier to accept that he used to be awesome but turned into crap because of injuries.

Your trolling attempt was more off target than a pass by Carson Wentz.

59 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Hurts isn't expensive.  His contract is for $6M over 4 years.  If they cut him at the end of the season, he'd only cost them like $4M.

Cut a second round pick who hasn’t played after one year. Yeah, the that’s going to happen. 

18 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Hurts is garbage. He's not NFL QB material. Never will be. Wentz stinks and has stunk ever since Frank Reich and DeFlip left. That's the 1st place I would look as far as being the problem. The coaching he's getting is currently horrific and he's not the kind of guy that can wing it like Mahomes. No one is holding him accountable and fixing his bad decisions.

Reich will be needing a QB soon. 

24 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I disagree with this assessment.  In his rookie season, he clearly was learning.  He completed 62% of his passes but almost had a 1:1 TD:Int ratio and averaged only 6.2 ypa and had a 79.3 passer rating and 49.4 QBR... clearly not that good.  However, in year 2 when he was the MVP leader over the first 13 weeks, he was great.  People seem to start ragging on him the very next year, which makes little sense.  His completion % went up from the Super Bowl season, from 60.2 to 69.6%, his TD:Int ratio, while down, was still 3:1 and was 7th best in the NFL that year.  His ypa was higher at 7.7, up from 7.5 the year before, which was in the top third of the league and his passer rating was 102.2 up from 101.9 the year before.

Even last year, he had a revolving door at WR and still managed to complete almost 64% of his passes and still posted a 93.1 passer rating and almost had a 4:1 TD:Int ration.

Wentz isn't the problem.  The coaching staff, the band-aid OL, the patchwork receiving corp who aren't very good even when healthy, lack of backfield stability (7 different RB's started at least 5 games over the last 2.5 seasons), and terrible play calling is the problem.  He has no confidence, and nor should he have, in virtually any one on this team.

If he can stick it out for 1 more season, he can come to Tampa with Evans, Godwin, Johnson, and Brate to throw too and Jones and Vaughn in the backfiled.  Plus, a better/improving OLine.

Robert Griffen had a decent stretch of games as well, they were the outlier. Wentz just isn't good, he makes terrible decisions. He's absolutely part of the problem.

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cut a second round pick who hasn’t played after one year. Yeah, the that’s going to happen. 

That wasn't my point.  My point was a response to you talking about cost.  A 2nd round pick isn't that expensive, on a rookie contract, not even for a QB.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

That wasn't my point.  My point was a response to you talking about cost.  A 2nd round pick isn't that expensive, on a rookie contract, not even for a QB.

It is for a back up QB. You can get one of those for half the cost and not a second round pick. 

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Robert Griffen had a decent stretch of games as well, they were the outlier. Wentz just isn't good, he makes terrible decisions. He's absolutely part of the problem.

Griffen was a 1-trick pony in the sense that he was only a viable option at QB if he was able to run.  You take away the running, and he's a nobody.  That's not Wentz.  Wentz is making bad decisions, but that's because he's not getting the proper coaching.  Wentz is a result OF the problem.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Griffen was a 1-trick pony in the sense that he was only a viable option at QB if he was able to run.  You take away the running, and he's a nobody.  That's not Wentz.  Wentz is making bad decisions, but that's because he's not getting the proper coaching.  Wentz is a result OF the problem.

Wentz appears to be a no-trick pony..

:dunno:

Look at this stupid formation and routes. Both 13 and 84 make sure that defender # 56 has the opportunity to defend any pass towards either of them. 3:30 mark.

https://youtu.be/MdPu85u0oZc?t=207

Not sure who is up top but nice job jogging thru the route. yeah, we know you aint getting the ball. https://youtu.be/MdPu85u0oZc?t=282

That OL really stinks. https://youtu.be/MdPu85u0oZc?t=288

Alshon stealing $ from the philly organization. https://youtu.be/MdPu85u0oZc?t=751

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Winner. He's regressing as well BECAUSE the coaching sucks and possibly because he thinks he better than he is.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It is for a back up QB. You can get one of those for half the cost and not a second round pick. 

Agreed.  But it's not like a 2nd round pick is expensive.  Also, I gave you the dead cap money for a 1-shot deal, not the year by year cost.  Hurts is only $1.4M, $1.7M, and $2M over the next 3 years (and that's because of the signing bonus).  That's a reasonable number.  Blaine Gabber is making $1.2M.  Andy Dalton signed for $3M.  Matt Shaub in Atlanta is making $1.8M.

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

Wentz appears to be a no-trick pony..

:dunno:

You can have that opinion.  I hope the Eagles do too... after next season.  I'll welcome him with open arms in Tampa.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You can have that opinion.  I hope the Eagles do too... after next season.  I'll welcome him with open arms in Tampa.

I’ll drive him to the airport. :D 

• Sad 1

I kinda want them to put in Hurts and watch him get completely destroyed. They don't really have any dumb defenses the rest of the season so they will be ready for his game...drop back look at primary and then start running. He's a taysom hill type loser.