Sign in to follow this  
bfros

trade Freeman for Kelley

I grabbed D.Freeman when I saw Barkley go out. Was immediately offered Josh Kelley for D.Freeman. Do I take Kelley or hold Freeman? 

Hmmm, one guy who's not even on a team and might go to one the worst teams to likely be part of a 3-headed RBBC or a guy who is already getting 15 touches a game in a run-heavy offense as the 1b to Ekler's 1a.

Tough call.

#notsomuch

I hear ya. 
my counter thought is that DFree could end up the lead guy. I don’t think it’ll be a RBBC or he won’t sign. He wants to sign where he’s featured and will get touches. DFree is as good or more talented than Kelley. And Justin Jackson will be back soon. 

Keep Freeman and drop another couple of active players to pick up Jay Ajayi, Christine Michael, and Josh Gordon.

You just never know.

I suppose (Fournette) the idea that a RB without (Fournette) a team could get picked up (Fournette) by a team with established RBs and be (Fournette) fantasy relevant or hell take over (Fournette) as lead back is unheard of. 

18 minutes ago, bfros said:

I suppose (Fournette) the idea that a RB without (Fournette) a team could get picked up (Fournette) by a team with established RBs and be (Fournette) fantasy relevant or hell take over (Fournette) as lead back is unheard of. 

It's very rare, and Fournette would not be an example of such.

Fournette is an example of a castoff RB signed to be a backup RB who benefitted from a good matchup when the lead RB was benched for "fumbling" when Brady banged the ball off of his shoulder pads so hard it flew four yards forward.

I don’t think Freeman really wants to play, he’ll sign not because he can be the rb1, but simply someone paid his ransom price. 

I would keep Kelley.  

He wants to play but he wants a real contract. And he wants to be lead RB. 
Only downside to the Giants is that he knows it’s a one year thing and that’s it.

Ok no problem, but I disagree. 

I think he wants to get paid as a rb1, or beyond that much, he’s not going to sign cheap. 

I think he would have been with the Jags with the right price tag.  

But you see it differently, and there’s nothing wrong with that either.  

Good luck with your decision, and thanks for the question.  

8 hours ago, bfros said:

He wants to play but he wants a real contract. And he wants to be lead RB. 
Only downside to the Giants is that he knows it’s a one year thing and that’s it.

I don't know why you asked, every one of your responses to these guys'  answers seems like you've already decided Freeman. Good luck.

Was just playing devils advocate to what seemed like a polarizing set of responses. That’s all. I respect the differences of opinion. In all honesty I’ll likely do the trade and take Kelley. I see the upside of Freeman but hate the downsides of the situation w the Giants. Just wanted to talk it through. 

• Thanks 1

Still like Kelley over Freeman. Hey, I'm an FSU grad. I LOVE Freeman! He runs hard. But, that's part of the problem. He gets hurt. From week 4 on he should be the guy in NY, but it's still the Giants. They are not good. They have good receivers, maybe a good QB, but a bad line. I just don't see Freeman as a substitute for Barkley.

But at least now there is clarity...you know it's Kelley as the 1b in LA and Freeman as the 1a in NY.