Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

No Preseason = More Injuries

So much for the idea that the players don't need preseason games to get their bodies ready for game conditions.

I knew this would be a weird year in fantasy football, but I didn't really see this coming.

• Like 1

I would love to see some historical stats, on just how ridiculous week 2 has been in terms of injury spike to skill players... unreal

17 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

There were no injuries in preseason. First time ever.

Exactly, it's a trade off.

It seems like there are a lot of injuries every year.

I don't know for sure if there are more this season or not, would like to see the numbers and if it's significant

12 minutes ago, show me the murray said:

Soft tissue injuries, bum hamstrings and the like are probably a result of no preseason. Torn ACLs are just unlucky. Nothing to do with a lack of preseason.

"A proper training program may help reduce the risk of an ACL injury."

Between the lack of usual offseason conditioning programs, shortened training camps, and complete absence of live preseason game action, it's entirely reasonable to make a correlation to the current spate of injuries, many of which are severe.

44 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

There were no injuries in preseason. First time ever.

Fine, but that's usually one or two key players at most, with a few guys on the fringes of their rosters going down too.

We're seeing unprecedented numbers of starter-quality players going down in regular-season action this year.

Correlation does not imply causation, but when the lack of a proper training program is already implicated as a potential risk factor, the correlation gains validity.

Means nothing.  It was just an unlucky week for certain teams/players.  It happens.  Pre-season is the stupidest thing ever and should be shelved indefinitely.  Just do 2-hand touch scrimmages to get in shape & get your timing down.  Thats good enough.