Serenity Now

Week 3 Waiver Wire

I'm gonna try and get Russell Gage or John Brown and drop Henry Ruggs III

I'm also going to try for James Robinson but almost 100% certain I won't get him. 

I'm picking up Robby Anderson.

He seems to have a chemistry with Bridgewater and my league gives a big bonus for TDs over 40 and 50 yards.

• Like 1

Gage, Brown, Robinson and Anderson are on y’all’s waiver wires? All of those guys should have been either drafted on rosters already.

Only guys on my 12tm were that anyone is talking about are injury guys like Davis, Lewis I guess. Henderson, Freeman all those guys are on rosters.

I have Davis, Lewis, McKinnon and Freeman available to me. Just lost Barkley, Lindsay is out indefinitely and RoJo just lost his job. Needless to say, my RB group is sh!t, so I'm left swinging for the fences on a couple of these guys. I may try and move a WR for a RB. (Hopkins, Ridley, Chark, D. Johnson, Anderson, )

If your swinging for the fences, of those listed Rbs, I would go with Freeman, Lewis and Gallup aren’t going to be able to produce as rb1 for the Gmen. 

Davis is going to have a very limited time, I think Mccaffery we’ll be back very quickly, same for McKinnon, Mostert and Coleman should return after this weekend , maybe.  

Good luck with this decision. 

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would go with Freeman, Lewis and Gallup aren’t going to be able to produce as rb1 for the Gmen.

I would agree, there is no way Gallup will produce anywhere close to an rb1 for the Gmen...

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think Mccaffery we’ll be back very quickly

He is out 4-6 weeks, not sure what your definition of very quickly is....

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

4-6 weeks, duh...

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Davis is going to have a very limited time, I think Mccaffery we’ll be back very quickly, same for McKinnon, Mostert and Coleman should return after this weekend , maybe.  

I think CMC will try to come back early, but the Panthers would be wise to hold him out. Players seem to routinely try to come back early from high ankle sprains, only to be a shell of themselves for several weeks. The Panthers aren't going anywhere this year, they should save their franchise back from unnecessary carries when he's limited.

1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

I think CMC will try to come back early, but the Panthers would be wise to hold him out. Players seem to routinely try to come back early from high ankle sprains, only to be a shell of themselves for several weeks. The Panthers aren't going anywhere this year, they should save their franchise back from unnecessary carries when he's limited.

I don’t disagree with what you said, I think Mccaffery will push hard to get back , and the Panthers well let him. 

I don’t see him being out more then a couple or three weeks  

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

I would agree, there is no way Gallup will produce anywhere close to an rb1 for the Gmen...

Yeah sorry Gallman. 

Very quickly would be faster then expected.  

Thanks. 

Just now, weepaws said:

Yeah sorry Gallman. 

Very quickly would be faster then expected.  

Thanks. 

4 weeks would be faster than expected...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

4 weeks would be faster than expected...

We agree. 

Thanks. 

McKinnon

Freeman

Lewis

Davis

Is how I'm targeting them

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

McKinnon

Freeman

Lewis

Davis

Is how I'm targeting them

Why is everybody on mckinnon? I mean when mohsrert is healthy this is his backfield. What am I missing?

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Why is everybody on mckinnon? I mean when mohsrert is healthy this is his backfield. What am I missing?

I think his ceiling is higher.  Very likely though someone in new york is able to score more consistently week to week.

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Yes, but he's going to have a 30 point week THIS week.

Keelan Cole surprisingly has had nice production the first few weeks. For those in return leagues, Sims or Patterson if your wire is thinning out at WR. I haven’t seen any Washington games yet but Sims showed home run speed last year. 

5 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

When both Mostert and Coleman are healthy, you have a rb3 on the Niners.  

2 hours ago, DrG said:

Keelan Cole surprisingly has had nice production the first few weeks. For those in return leagues, Sims or Patterson if your wire is thinning out at WR. I haven’t seen any Washington games yet but Sims showed home run speed last year. 

Mmm I’m just not sold on K Cole yet.  

Looks like a lot of WRs are getting targets on that team, and we’ve seen k Cole disappoint before n 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

When both Mostert and Coleman are healthy, you have a rb3 on the Niners.  

I think McKinnon was on the way to unseating Coleman as the no2 anyway. Got to remember the Niners paid McKinnon a ton of money in 2018 and have waited patiently for two years to finally utilise him. Add in the fact they have a pretty banged up WR corps, and only really Deebo and an untested rookie in Aiyuk that you could expect solid production from, McKinnon can easily have value in this offense when Mostert is back.

• Like 1

I picked up Herbert(superflex league), LAC and  Winston.  It is only a matter of time till Herbert gets that job. If he starts this week against the panthers I am starting him in my superflex over CEH. 

Winston- Man drew brees looks awful. Don't tell me it is all because of the loss of Thomas. Something is up. 

LAC. They get to play a team that sucked BEFORE CMC went down. 

I went with Shenault in a 14 teamer, I'm hoping he continues to be this involved in the running game every week. I'm hurting at WR and 6.5 touches per week is nothing to sneeze at. Took him over some other WRs like Cole and Bourne... We will see how this plays out.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rallo said:

I went with Shenault in a 14 teamer, I'm hoping he continues to be this involved in the running game every week. I'm hurting at WR and 6.5 touches per week is nothing to sneeze at. Took him over some other WRs like Cole and Bourne... We will see how this plays out.

I love him. His role continues to grow and if something should happen to Robinson the jags could turn to Shenault at RB. Imagine being able to get RB production from a WR spot. I really think this is going to be his blowup week scoring both as a WR and a RB.

10 hours ago, show me the murray said:

I think McKinnon was on the way to unseating Coleman as the no2 anyway. Got to remember the Niners paid McKinnon a ton of money in 2018 and have waited patiently for two years to finally utilise him. Add in the fact they have a pretty banged up WR corps, and only really Deebo and an untested rookie in Aiyuk that you could expect solid production from, McKinnon can easily have value in this offense when Mostert is back.

You might be right. 

11 hours ago, jrokh said:

All aboard the Gaskin Express! Who's coming with me?

YUP. 100%. Don't want to overreact but gut feeling says this dude will emerge as the guy in Miami and can be a poor man's version of Alvin Kamara. Just a hunch. 

• Like 1

For the 14+ leagues take a look at KJ Hamler. He was a second round pick by the Broncos out of Penn St after the Broncos already selected Jerry Jeudy in the first round this year. He's a small framed guy but has 4.3 speed and looks like a very crisp route runner. Maybe the most encouraging sign was the usage he saw in last week's game: 3 catches for 49 yards and 1 rush for 9 yards so they're looking to get the ball in his hands. Courtland Sutton is out for the year so he's got an opportunity. He was getting solid reviews out of camp but ended up hurting his hamstring late in August and missing time. Deep league only and can be plucked off the wire for free right now.

Speaking of which if you have an empty IR spot now is a good time to grab Alshon Jeffery. Reagor will be out 6-8 weeks and Wentz can't wait to have his trusty target back. The latest news is they're expecting him back in early October. Will he stay fully healthy or be the old Alshon? Probably not but I think you could get a few startable weeks out of him and he could make for a great sell high if you're so inclined. 

• Like 1

What type of return would you expect to get out of Jeffery if he isn’t the old Jeffery? 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What type of return would you expect to get out of Jeffery if he isn’t the old Jeffery? 

He should be a borderline WR2-WR3 in medium-sized leagues upon his return.

55 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He should be a borderline WR2-WR3 in medium-sized leagues upon his return.

No, see that was the 2017 non ppr Jeffery . 

So if he isn’t the old Jeffery was the Question.  

Oh my soul.  

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

So if he isn’t the old Jeffery was the Question.

And the answer is:  "If he isn't the old Jeffery, he will be the new Jeffery who is a WR2-WR3 in medium-sized leagues upon his return."

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Oh my soul.

If I was you, I'd be concerned about my soul, too.

No that’s the old Jeffery. 

Not the new Jeffery.  

Thanks.