Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

This Week I Splurged On __________________

New borescope

Snap On wanted between 500-1100 $ for their version (s) of it, (which I honestly considered) for at least a month , but I watched a vid with one of my favorite you tube auto techs using the Teslong NTS 500. https://www.teslong.com/Industrial-Endoscope/Dual-Lens-5inch-Industrial-borescope-inspection-camera

Not much of a splurge, grant you, but when I got it last week...Fukkin amazing

FWIW, This is the type of sh1t I watch every damn night after work, while I'm still at work (the shop)...Anyways great useage of the borescope

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Olight has a flash sale on the 24th . I'll pick up 5 or 6 of there lights

Thanks, good info.  I'm told to get some good penlights to look into my throat, I think I'll stock up with this sale.  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

"_____ Days Accident Free" sign for my entryway.  My goal is to someday go 10 accident free days.  

More fitting might be “_____ Days TDS free”. Let us know when you get to one. 

• Confused 3

In the meeting this morning everyone was talking about bacon. Now I want bacon. Not a money splurge, but more of a heart clogging splurge. Yeah, it's bad for you but fock it. When I die and people ask, how did you die I can say "bacon." I would hate to be there saying, "Damn. I should have eaten more bacon."

5 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

In the meeting this morning everyone was talking about bacon. Now I want bacon. Not a money splurge, but more of a heart clogging splurge. Yeah, it's bad for you but fock it. When I die and people ask, how did you die I can say "bacon." I would hate to be there saying, "Damn. I should have eaten more bacon."

Depending on who you believe, bacon could be one of the healthiest things you can eat.  :ninja:

A friend of mine has gotten me to smoke some cigars with him recently. I brought a travel humidor, torch, cutter, and a variety of cigars to get started. If I continue to enjoy it, I will get a box style humidor. :bandana:

3 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

A friend of mine has gotten me to smoke some cigars with him recently. I brought a travel humidor, torch, cutter, and a variety of cigars to get started. If I continue to enjoy it, I will get a box style humidor. :bandana:

I think Digby said he always wanted one because he doesn’t have one. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

"_____ Days Accident Free" sign for my entryway.  My goal is to someday go 10 accident free days.  

I should hang that over my toilet.

• Haha 2

My weed trimmer gets here tomorrow. Went to the Husqvarna site and they have 17 attachments available but freak they are high dollar. Getting the trench digger one next week. Have a mild drainage issue. 

A fish spatula...two actually..one for non stick and a metal one for cast irons.  Some sesame oil and some gochjang paste

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

My weed trimmer gets here tomorrow. Went to the Husqvarna site and they have 17 attachments available but freak they are high dollar. Getting the trench digger one next week. Have a mild drainage issue. 

i had a similar attachment brand...unweildy and heavy and throw off the balance.  Was not impressed.

I.e..that rototiller clip..lol..was that fresh dirt out of a bag?  Try getting through packed dirt or grass...

8 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

i had a similar attachment brand...unweildy and heavy and throw off the balance.  Was not impressed.

I.e..that rototiller clip..lol..was that fresh dirt out of a bag?  Try getting through packed dirt or grass...

There are other brands but this brand is a winner. Reviews are exceptional. I have a real blower, hedge trimmer, tiller. I just want this for small jobs. It is nowhere near as powerful as my primary equipment. 

I have a small drainage issue. Just need a 10 ft trench, 2-6 inches declination. Big tiller is not going to work. It will rip 2 ft out at a time about 1.5 ft. Just overkill. The hedge attachment has a 90 degree angle. I have to use a ladder with my gas one. I have hedges all around my home. Just a pain in the azz. With this I can do it in 5 min instead of 45 with moving the ladder. 

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

There are other brands but this brand is a winner. Reviews are exceptional. I have a real blower, hedge trimmer, tiller. I just want this for small jobs. It is nowhere near as powerful as my primary equipment. 

I have a small drainage issue. Just need a 10 ft trench, 2-6 inches declination. Big tiller is not going to work. It will rip 2 ft out at a time about 1.5 ft. Just overkill. The hedge attachment has a 90 degree angle. I have to use a ladder with my gas one. I have hedges all around my home. Just a pain in the azz. With this I can do it in 5 min instead of 45 with moving the ladder. 

Sounds good.  Mine wasnt husq.  

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:57 PM, Mookz said:

Cashews  😬

I may have a problem.  :(

Omg, me too!!! I have to stop buying them. I'll eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

16 hours ago, riversco said:

Headlight burnt out last night.  I splurged on the extra bright bulb instead of the standard bulb.

Yesterday my OTHER headlight burnt out.  Gonna splurge on another extra bright bulb.

I never spend much $ on myself except for books and beer. A few weeks ago I realized all my sneakers were worn down and bought 4 pairs of running shoes. That felt like an indulgence.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't have it yet but plan on purchasing a trolling motor for my fishing kayak soon.

I should get a trolling motor for my Geek Club fishing! :o 🎣 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't have it yet but plan on purchasing a trolling motor for my fishing kayak soon.

You need to start a thread on stupid shlt I really want. I have some things myself.

Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

You need to start a thread on stupid shlt I really want. I have some things myself.

A GPS trolling motor is going to be a big upgrade to my kayak and help when fishing tournaments.  Very excited for it and not stupid at all, for me.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

A GPS trolling motor is going to be a big upgrade to my kayak and help when fishing tournaments.  Very excited for it and not stupid at all, for me.

I'll start it for you. A kayak trolling motor for you and a Harmon piano that teaches you how to play. You hook up a tablet to it and it goes through drills and songs. Oh and a new Ovation guitar. My old one is falling apart. 

3 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I'll start it for you. A kayak trolling motor for you and a Harmon piano that teaches you how to play. You hook up a tablet to it and it goes through drills and songs. Oh and a new Ovation guitar. My old one is falling apart. 

That actually sounds pretty sweet.

6 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I'm keep a list. Checking it twice and.....Yeah, good luck with getting any of those. 

• Haha 1

I wouldn't call it a splurge, but doing a small project in the family room...

Since we just cut the cable from directv, we now have more flexibility with our layout in the family room.  I have been wanting to mount the tv over the fireplace and rotate the couch, lounge chairs and entertainment center.  We did that last weekend are waiting for the wall mount (should come on Sat).  Even as is (tv temporarily on the other side of the room).  Sound is carrying better and tv is a little bit further from the couch, so better viewing.  Also  no glare.  

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Omg, me too!!! I have to stop buying them. I'll eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

And them suckers ain't cheap, neither.  Like $8 for 14 oz, which I can go through in about a day and a half.  😬  I have to get Planters because they're the only ones who cook them in peanut oil as opposed to the worse oils.  :(

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Yesterday my OTHER headlight burnt out.  Gonna splurge on another extra bright bulb.

That's actually really fortuitous.  I was imagining your car coming at me all cockeyed with one bright and one dim.  :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Many thanks, that song did pop into my head during this discussion.  :thumbsup:

On 9/23/2020 at 10:11 AM, The Elevator Killer said:

I dont trust people who don't like dogs - or eat turkey bacon. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I dont trust people who don't like dogs - or eat turkey bacon. 

What if you like dogs, except pit bulls,  but find that dog owners have become increasingly annoying? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What if you like dogs, except pit bulls,  but find that dog owners have become increasingly annoying? 

What are the annoying ones doing?

41 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Thinking they can bring them everywhere for starters.  And endlessly patting themselves on the back for “rescuing” a dog. Give me a break. Who knew my dad was a hero in 1974 when he got our mutt from the pound? 

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Acting as if they are their children.  They bring them everywhere and let them go just about anywhere without asking others if they are ok with it.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:41 PM, shorepatrol said:

Olight has a flash sale on the 24th . I'll pick up 5 or 6 of there lights

I ended up with 3 of their pen lights and a Warrior mini tactical light as part of a package, the pen lights especially should be very helpful for maintaining my throat health.  Thanks again for the heads up.  :cheers:

• Like 1