Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

So all the experts said Jordan Reed was a garbage start last week, now they are poo pooing on Freeman

Never thinking that Freeman was running in the offence, that has Gurely looking like crap now. ( after Shanny left, the run game has been crap ) That Freeman is fresh and hungry, that the Giants Oline will get better. That he has no competition for carries, he is probably as good as anyone catching the ball and pass pro. Was listening to XM radio fantasy channel all day, they were all ranking him behind the likes of Miles Gaskins types.... completely hating on him. 

The concern with Reed was more about his propensity for getting a concussion every time he puts his helmet on.  He's always been a talented receiving TE--he's just not a safe bet to make it through any given game.

I'm a little taken aback by all the hate for Freeman myself.  I don't think he's a stud, and in the PPR leagues where I bid on a waiver RB this week, I went for Dion Lewis rather than Freeman or Gallman, but I don't think he's absolute trash, either.  He's probly gonna be better than the Antonio Gibsons and Devin Singletarys of the world.

So the truth is likely in the middle--he's not a league-winner or even a must-have waiver add, but he's not trash, and if you're struggling at the RB position, he's worth a shot.

Let the Fournette vs Freeman debate commence!

27 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The concern with Reed was more about his propensity for getting a concussion every time he puts his helmet on.  He's always been a talented receiving TE--he's just not a safe bet to make it through any given game.

I'm a little taken aback by all the hate for Freeman myself.  I don't think he's a stud, and in the PPR leagues where I bid on a waiver RB this week, I went for Dion Lewis rather than Freeman or Gallman, but I don't think he's absolute trash, either.  He's probly gonna be better than the Antonio Gibsons and Devin Singletarys of the world.

So the truth is likely in the middle--he's not a league-winner or even a must-have waiver add, but he's not trash, and if you're struggling at the RB position, he's worth a shot.

Let the Fournette vs Freeman debate commence!

Fournette vs Freeman debate is absurd.  The new workhorse RB for decent offense vs a guy that needed injuries to get signed speaks for itself.

And don’t sleep on Gibson.  The preseason is just about over for him.  About to be low end RB1 PPR gold.

I do agree the Freeman slots in as an upside flex wait and see.  But nowhere close to the value of the other two.

9 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Fournette vs Freeman debate is absurd.  The new workhorse RB for decent offense vs a guy that needed injuries to get signed speaks for itself.

I take it you have Fournette then?  Because that sounds awfully similar to the new workhorse RB for a decent offense vs a guy that needed a fumble to get significant touches.

Hence the debate.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

I take it you have Fournette then?  Because that sounds awfully similar to the new workhorse RB for a decent offense vs a guy that needed a fumble to get significant touches.

Hence the debate.

I do.  In all 3 of my leagues.  And I’ve been very clear in every topic on the subject where I stand.  IMO that fumble just shaved 4-6 quarters off the inevitable.  And I don’t think there’s much of a debate anymore.  Not that there really ever was outside of those who bought the preseason coach speak and drafted RoJo.  And I drafted Fournette in the 4th round of all 3 leagues to make sure I got him. 

He's three years removed from a couple break out seasons... lackluster last year, but that falcons Oline was hot garbage...an overlooked RB on the good side of 30. IMO, he has some potential, my main concern is the NYG O and O-line... could be a weekly producer in non PPR leagues. 

Freeman's schedule is no joke. SF, @LAR, @Dall, Wash, @Phil, TB, @Wash, Phil. That's like a murderer's row of good DLs/run defenses.

Then, after the bye in week 11, it gets easier @Cin, @Sea, Ari, Cle before a week 16 (Super Bowl week) @Balt.

ROUGH!

7 minutes ago, Law said:

Freeman's schedule is no joke. SF, @LAR, @Dall, Wash, @Phil, TB, @Wash, Phil. That's like a murderer's row of good DLs/run defenses.

Then, after the bye in week 11, it gets easier @Cin, @Sea, Ari, Cle before a week 16 (Super Bowl week) @Balt.

ROUGH!

I dont know about that, Dallas D is trash, Phillys D just got ran all over. If you can't run on D's, you hope you have a good pass catching back... which he is. 

Just now, snatchit said:

I dont know about that, Dallas D is trash, Phillys D just got ran all over. If you can't run on D's, you hope you have a good pass catching back... which he is. 

BTW, SF isnt the same right now.. I doubt he will do much in that game anyways

Go for it. Gale Sayers Part Two!

Because LAR ran on Philly, the NYGs can. Good to know.

Even discounting Philly twice and Ari, you wanna rely on a RB going against LAR, Wash twice, TB, and ending with Balt...good luck.

I have him in 1 league and will try in 2 others. I'll pick him up as insurance and depth, but I sure hope I don't have to play him. I see 8 out his 12 game schedule as far less than ideal.

11 minutes ago, Law said:

Go for it. Gale Sayers Part Two!

Because LAR ran on Philly, the NYGs can. Good to know.

Even discounting Philly twice and Ari, you wanna rely on a RB going against LAR, Wash twice, TB, and ending with Balt...good luck.

I have him in 1 league and will try in 2 others. I'll pick him up as insurance and depth, but I sure hope I don't have to play him. I see 8 out his 12 game schedule as far less than ideal.

I picked him with my last draft pick. He is behind, Cook, Mixon, DJ and Montgomery... I just think he will be worth a trade for someone. Gonna let him have a good game, then try and get a good #2 WR to a RB needy team. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I drafted Fournette in the 4th round of all 3 leagues to make sure I got him. 

Ouch!

Well, there's always next year...

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Ouch!

Well, there's always next year...

What are you talking about ??? did you see him play Sunday ? He is the man on a much better offense 

24 minutes ago, snatchit said:

What are you talking about ??? did you see him play Sunday ?

Yes I did.

I was talking about the pain of drafting Fournette in the fourth round of all three of his leagues.

2 hours ago, snatchit said:

What are you talking about ??? did you see him play Sunday ? He is the man on a much better offense 

I know what you mean but technically it’s hard to say Buccs offense is “much better“ than Jags right now. Jags having scored more points and Minshew playing better than Tom and all. Just saying.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

He said "experts."  You're in the wrong thread.

Great point. 

You are getting a bit too predictable though.

3 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Great point. 

You are getting a bit too predictable though.

Axually, he spent nearly his entire FAAB on Jeff Driskel, I could have never predicted that!

2 hours ago, rallo said:

Axually, he spent nearly his entire FAAB on Jeff Driskel, I could have never predicted that!

Boom.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Boom.

Big leagues are a completely different language. In all honesty, I hope this move works out for you. Also, did I see the beginnings of a weird connection between he and Hamler?

9 minutes ago, rallo said:

Big leagues are a completely different language. In all honesty, I hope this move works out for you. Also, did I see the beginnings of a weird connection between he and Hamler?

I dunno, I didn't get to see much of the game itself.  I don't expect a LOT out of Driskel, but just 10-12 pts a week is better than taking a zero at QB when the scores in this league are in the 80-100 range.