Sign in to follow this  
gardenstatepkwy

Michael Thomas + Davante Adams Owner - worried

So I have both Thomas and Adams in a league and am a bit worried both seem to have injuries which could end up being nagging and impact them over the course of the entire season.  If you were in my situation, would you explore moving Adams in a package that may look something like Adams/Miles Sanders/RB3 for Deandre Hopkins/Johnathan Taylor or maybe trying to pull a similar deal involving Tyreek Hill?  By most accounts that Adams/Sanders for Hopkins/Taylor deal seems pretty even, so I'd need to give that RB hurting team an extra to actually entice them into dealing. Or would you hang tight and see what happens over the next few weeks?

Rest of my team for added context. I'm 1-1. Parker also battling injuries.

QB - RYAN

WR - ADAMS

WR - M THOMAS

WR - R WOODS

WR - PARKER

WR - GAGE

RB - SANDERS

RB - CARSON

RB - HUNT

RB - SWIFT

RB - FOURNETTE

RB - JOSH KELLEY

RB - HINES

TE - HURST

Adams/Sanders for Hopkins/Taylor is pretty fair; I probly wouldn't add any sweeteners.

I understand that some people are kind of swooning over Fournette right now, though, so this could be a golden opportunity to unload him.

Sell high is a thing.

I've got a trade i sent someone in one of my leagues: Fournette for Waller.

I expect him to turn it down and counter with Hollywood Brown. He's a Barkley/Mostert owner so he really needs help right now...

3 hours ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

So I have both Thomas and Adams in a league and am a bit worried both seem to have injuries which could end up being nagging and impact them over the course of the entire season.  If you were in my situation, would you explore moving Adams in a package that may look something like Adams/Miles Sanders/RB3 for Deandre Hopkins/Johnathan Taylor or maybe trying to pull a similar deal involving Tyreek Hill?  By most accounts that Adams/Sanders for Hopkins/Taylor deal seems pretty even, so I'd need to give that RB hurting team an extra to actually entice them into dealing. Or would you hang tight and see what happens over the next few weeks?

Rest of my team for added context. I'm 1-1. Parker also battling injuries.

QB - RYAN

WR - ADAMS

WR - M THOMAS

WR - R WOODS

WR - PARKER

WR - GAGE

RB - SANDERS

RB - CARSON

RB - HUNT

RB - SWIFT

RB - FOURNETTE

RB - JOSH KELLEY

RB - HINES

TE - HURST

If I was the other owner, I wouldn’t do it, so make the offer. 

1 hour ago, RabidSeaCows said:

I've got a trade i sent someone in one of my leagues: Fournette for Waller.

I expect him to turn it down and counter with Hollywood Brown. He's a Barkley/Mostert owner so he really needs help right now...

No , don’t trade a rb for a te. 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Calm down, it's a backup RB for an elite TE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Calm down, it's a backup RB for an elite TE.

Doesn't matter, He declined and offered Olsen for Fournette. So he's DEAD to me!

He got Mike Davis on waivers, so I wished him luck with that.

Out of curiosity if you were the other owner and really needed RB help would you do Hopkins/Taylor for Adams/Sanders/Hunt?  Personally I don't think I'd do this but was curious as to what someone else outside of this situation may think.  Would Hunt be the kickers that makes it a "no brainer"?

Edit - meant to post Weepaws reply with my post.

3 hours ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Out of curiosity if you were the other owner and really needed RB help would you do Hopkins/Taylor for Adams/Sanders/Hunt?  Personally I don't think I'd do this but was curious as to what someone else outside of this situation may think.  Would Hunt be the kickers that makes it a "no brainer"?

If someone offered me Adams/Sanders/Hunt for Hopkins/Taylor, I would wonder why they were giving up and quitting, but I'd accept it quickly, before they changed their mind.

4 hours ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Edit - meant to post Weepaws reply with my post.

If I needed rb help , plus was getting Adams for Hopkins , yeah I would take it.  

1 hour ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Took another route and dealt Fournette for Dionte Johnson.  Hopefully he can stay on the field!

STEAL!

Nice.

1 hour ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Took another route and dealt Fournette for Dionte Johnson.  Hopefully he can stay on the field!

Sorry but I wouldn’t have taken that deal. 

Your pretty good at we, plus M Thomas  and Adams and Parker looked good last night. 

I think it’s easier to pick up WRs has the season progresses forward then Rbs.  

Good luck with this move, I truly hope I’m wrong and your right. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think it’s easier to pick up WRs has the season progresses forward then Rbs.

That's probly the case for starting RBs, but the wire is littered with backup RBs.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That's probly the case for starting RBs, but the wire is littered with backup RBs.

Exactly, so bad move trading Fournette who’s the highest scoring rb in ff on the Bucs , for a wr who’s the number two scoring wr on the Steelers, and when you already roster the likes of Adams and M Thomas, R Woods and D Parker. 

I wish that person the best of luck with the move, but I wouldn’t have taken it.  

Thanks. 

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

Exactly, so bad move trading Fournette who’s the highest scoring rb in ff on the Bucs , for a wr who’s the number two scoring wr on the Steelers, and when you already roster the likes of Adams and M Thomas, R Woods and D Parker. 

I wish that person the best of luck with the move, but I wouldn’t have taken it.  

Thanks. 

Where you both make good points on this trade I agree with Elf, IF, GSP decides to deal one of these WR for a better RB than Fournette. WR are dropping like flies as well as RB's this year.

IF he doesn't plan on dealing one of these WR's then I agree with Weep's

JMHO