Sign in to follow this  
GoonCrew

Trade Help - Juju for Fournette?

Standard scoring, Non-ppr. We start 2RB, 2WR and 1 flex

My RB are thin. Cook and David Johnson my only clear cut starters with a bunch of backups rounding out bench. I have Julio/Juju/AJBrown/TY/Slayton at WR.

The Pitt homer of our league wants Juju. I would like to add a RB but his only options are Fournette or Gurley. 

I'm tempted to trade Juju/Edmonds for his Fournette/Madison. I figure I could maybe get Cook handcuff along with another viable RB. I'm still not sold on Fournette but he seems like the high upside back. But not sure about giving up an WR1 for a risk like Fournette. 

I'd try elsewhere. I don't see Julio and Coleman a good trade right now with Coleman doubtful. or Fournette for JuJu

HOU schedule gets easier for RB after this week, imo

Who else do you currently roster at rb? 

My bench RB's are Chase Edmonds, Antonio Gibson, Breida and Boston Scott. Hoping Gibson turns out to be bell cow in Wash but hasn't done much yet

2 hours ago, RabidSeaCows said:

I don't see Julio and Coleman a good trade right now with Coleman doubtful.

lol

Really?

I was suggesting another trade of an A-list WR for a backup RB, just to underline how silly sending Juju for Fournette would be.

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

lol

Really?

I was suggesting another trade of an A-list WR for a backup RB, just to underline how silly sending Juju for Fournette would be.

Yeah I was talking to GoonCrew. I figured all 3 of us were trying to talk him out of making a mistake 😕

6 hours ago, GoonCrew said:

My bench RB's are Chase Edmonds, Antonio Gibson, Breida and Boston Scott. Hoping Gibson turns out to be bell cow in Wash but hasn't done much yet

This is a tough pick for me, I don’t want to make a bad decision for you. 

I Would say yes, if I knew what was going to happen with both A Brown Nd Jones.  

Right now your best wr is Juju,  darn it’s a non ppr, I’ll say take the trade.  

15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

lol

Really?

I figured you were being sarcastic. I agree that Juju is my best receiver based on the current injuries to AJ and Julio. I just think it is easier to plug and play receivers than it is for RB's. I'm glad you guys have a higher opinion of Juju than I do, which is why I asked the question. Dionte Johnson has been getting the bigger target share and I can see that continuing. I also am not sold on Big Ben. I just don't want Juju to revert to 2019 form, which is not an A-list WR. If Juju starts to tank it, I won't be able to get jack for him.

2 hours ago, GoonCrew said:

I figured you were being sarcastic. I agree that Juju is my best receiver based on the current injuries to AJ and Julio. I just think it is easier to plug and play receivers than it is for RB's. I'm glad you guys have a higher opinion of Juju than I do, which is why I asked the question. Dionte Johnson has been getting the bigger target share and I can see that continuing. I also am not sold on Big Ben. I just don't want Juju to revert to 2019 form, which is not an A-list WR. If Juju starts to tank it, I won't be able to get jack for him.

I'm pretty sure the only way JuJu reverts back to 2019 is if Big Ben goes down or reinjures his arm. But you can say the same thing about Hopkins with Murray.

Hey, if you don't like Juju, deal him, no problem--you just might want to shoot higher than a backup RB for him.

Fournette is a horse, Arians has been wanting to replace R Jones (Arians HATES fumbles) for a while. I'd do it, especially if it's not PPR. Good luck this week. I think Fournette (at end of year) will have produced more than JuJu especially with Johnson getting more looks. Good luck this week.

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

Fournette is a horse, Arians has been wanting to replace R Jones (Arians HATES fumbles) for a while.

While you're trying to guess what's going on in Arians' head, he has been kind enough to let us know how he feels about Jones and Fournette:

Fournette in the Fourth Quarter

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

While you're trying to guess what's going on in Arians' head, he has been kind enough to let us know how he feels about Jones and Fournette:

Fournette in the Fourth Quarter

Really? This is all coach speak and gamesmanship, imo.

RJ fumbles in the 1st quarter and Fournette takes over the game.

Fournette fumbles in the 4th quarter, RJ finishes the game.

This article is just content filler. It means nothing to anyone who's been watching football for any length of time.

Coaches go with who helping them win. Always have, always will. They want to keep their job just like us. Mortgages don't pay themselves!

3 hours ago, RabidSeaCows said:

This article is just content filler. It means nothing to anyone who's been watching football for any length of time.

Coaches go with who helping them win. Always have, always will. They want to keep their job just like us. Mortgages don't pay themselves!

And keeping him fresh for the fourth quarter is the way Arians feels that Fournette will help him pay his mortgage--according to Arians, that is, rather than people who have only been watching football since August (well, you DID say "any length of time").

4 hours ago, RabidSeaCows said:

Really? This is all coach speak and gamesmanship, imo.

RJ fumbles in the 1st quarter and Fournette takes over the game.

Fournette fumbles in the 4th quarter, RJ finishes the game.

Agreed.  

We all know coach speak is nothing more then hot air.  

38 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

And keeping him fresh for the fourth quarter is the way Arians feels that Fournette will help him pay his mortgage--according to Arians, that is, rather than people who have only been watching football since August (well, you DID say "any length of time").

So, I'm confused? Are you making my point for me? Or do you think this helps your point?

Because the article and your reply proves nothing either way, from my point of view...😕

14 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

So, I'm confused? Are you making my point for me? Or do you think this helps your point?

Because the article and your reply proves nothing either way, from my point of view...😕

Lol he owns R Jones as is rb1. 

16 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

Because the article and your reply proves nothing either way, from my point of view.

Proof is for math and logic.

In the real world, all we get is evidence.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Proof is for math and logic.

In the real world, all we get is evidence.

Exxxaaaccctttlllyy! Isn't the math and logic in game touches so far?

RJ is trending downward while Fournette's is trending upward? :D

7 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

Exxxaaaccctttlllyy! Isn't the math and logic in game touches so far?

RJ is trending downward while Fournette's is trending upward? :D

Jones hit a speedbump named Brady last week and Arians couldn't bench Brady, so Jones took the fall.

He appears to be out of the doghouse now, so the evidence suggests that things would be back to normal.  Logically, you should see last week's trends reversing, due as they were to extenuating circumstances.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Jones hit a speedbump named Brady last week and Arians couldn't bench Brady, so Jones took the fall.

He appears to be out of the doghouse now, so the evidence suggests that things would be back to normal.  Logically, you should see last week's trends reversing, due as they were to extenuating circumstances.

Agreed! We'll just have to wait and see....Especially since, 0-2 Bronco's, at home, upset week....yada yada yada!