Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

DFW to Ft. Lauderdale -

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

$83  rd trip - golf trip booked. :banana:

Sweet!  What airline?

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

AA. Could have gotten for $53, but I'm not flying Sprint. They are shiit. 

Sprit is so damn bad I don't even like walking by their ticket counter.

Have you played in the Naples/Fort Myers area?  We did a golf trip there several years ago and it was awesome.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Sprit is so damn bad I don't even like walking by their ticket counter.

Have you played in the Naples/Fort Myers area?  We did a golf trip there several years ago and it was awesome.

Actually headed there on my 2nd leg. Well actually Bonita Springs - which is near by. My 1st time on the gulf side to play. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Actually headed there on my 2nd leg. Well actually Bonita Springs - which is near by. My 1st time on the gulf side to play. 

My ex-wife and I had a time share at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation in Bonita Springs.  It is on Raptor Bay golf course, nice course.  If you get a chance play Old Corkscrew in Estero. 

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

$83  rd trip - golf trip booked. :banana:

Sweet bro. I’m never that lucky. Been years since I’ve been able to buy a plane ticket under $300 

• Like 1

Haven’t done it in several years, but I love playing in Florida. Have fun. 

quick question: I’m looking to invest in some new irons over the winter and would appreciate any input. 14 handicap - currently playing Zing 2 irons I got when I was 16. Love hitting them but feel I need to upgrade in technology department. Is Ping still good? Should I look at another brand?

10 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I will hold down the DFW fort while you are gone.   :cheers:

Yeah, okay, but how much is holding down the DFW fort worth?  🤔

17 hours ago, Bert said:

My ex-wife and I had a time share at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation in Bonita Springs.  It is on Raptor Bay golf course, nice course.  If you get a chance play Old Corkscrew in Estero. 

Will try, thanks for the heads up!

16 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Sweet bro. I’m never that lucky. Been years since I’ve been able to buy a plane ticket under $300 

The Covid market is insane. Deals are out there to be had. 

15 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

I will hold down the DFW fort while you are gone.   :cheers:

Can you take a couple of my looting shifts? Thanks. :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Will try, thanks for the heads up!

No problem there is so much wonderful golf in the area.  Lely (Flamingo Island) is also very nice.  Naples Beach is also very good.

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

No problem there is so much wonderful golf in the area.  Lely (Flamingo Island) is also very nice.  Naples Beach is also very good.

I'm actually leaving for Ruidoso Wednesday on a golf trip too. October is a great month for golf. 

I'm actually leaving for Ruidoso Wednesday on a golf trip too. October is a great month for golf. 

Nice!

In Bonita Springs DeRomo's for good Italian food.  Tony Sacco's Coal Oven Pizza - great garlic knots.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, Mookz said:

Yeah, okay, but how much is holding down the DFW fort worth?  🤔

At least a sixer of Shiner Bock. Maybe throw in a BBQ samich from Angelo's. 

Just got back from Ruidoso - everything is Bent grass, was awesome.

Played Rainmakers, Outlaw and Inn of Mountain Gods. All were great, but Mountain Gods was my favorite for sure. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Just got back from Ruidoso - everything is Bent grass, was awesome.

Played Rainmakers, Outlaw and Inn of Mountain Gods. All were great, but Mountain Gods was my favorite for sure. 

Been to NM many times and never even heard of Ruidoso.  Always north near Sante Fe. Looks great. 

Jetblue only for me. Their new planes are awesome

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

Cruzer did you do the Florida trip?

Na, my plans got totally jacked. 

Had a close cousin unexpectedly die in October - had to reschedule.. Then Zeta and Eta were doing their thing, erred on the side of caution.. Then the holiday hit, now Rona is back up... just bad timing I guess. :(

Na, my plans got totally jacked. 

Had a close cousin unexpectedly die in October - had to reschedule.. Then Zeta and Eta were doing their thing, erred on the side of caution.. Then the holiday hit, now Rona is back up... just bad timing I guess. :(

Wow that sux!  Sorry about your cousin my condolences

I had a trip to Carmel planned for mid-January and was going to play Spanish Bay but had to cancel because of Corona.  

• Like 1

I was gonna go to San Diego in January with a nurse I’m seeing. But canceled due to COVID. We may go to Montana instead but it ain’t the same 😢

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Wow that sux!  Sorry about your cousin my condolences

I had a trip to Carmel planned for mid-January and was going to play Spanish Bay but had to cancel because of Corona.  

Ah thanks. Yea he was an alcoholic, actually died when he tried to stop. After being dry for 2 weeks his body seized up, organs failed - crazy stuff. 

Damn that sucks too. My buddy told me Spanish Bay is the best course of the lot there. 

19 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Ah thanks. Yea he was an alcoholic, actually died when he tried to stop. After being dry for 2 weeks his body seized up, organs failed - crazy stuff. 

Damn that sucks too. My buddy told me Spanish Bay is the best course of the lot there. 

It's the only one I haven't played.  Pebble is beautiful but I thought Spyglass was a better golf course. 

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I was gonna go to San Diego in January with a nurse I’m seeing. But canceled due to COVID. We may go to Montana instead but it ain’t the same 😢

Pertinent details of said nurse?  🤨

I went down to Ft. Lauderdale for work a few years back.  Even though I live in Orlando, I'd never been there.

Turns out most of Ft. Lauderdale is a ghetto sh*thole, but the beach side is upscale and really nice.

53 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I’ll take three a side Cruzer, bring your check book.  

That dude's a stick, I'm gonna need twice that.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

I’ll take three a side Cruzer, bring your check book.  

Talking shiit and then asking for strokes is like talking shiit then saying my dad can beat up ur dad. :lol:

If you have a bonafide handicap, with recent postings - we'll go by that... Tipped out, by the book. 👍

9 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Talking shiit and then asking for strokes is like talking shiit then saying my dad can beat up ur dad. :lol:

If you have a bonafide handicap, with recent postings - we'll go by that... Tipped out, by the book. 👍

Who talked shiot?  I didn’t. If you took offense to “bring your check book” as nothing more than playful banter then I really want to gamble now, you get rattled easily.  There are good golfers and there’s good gamblers, the two aren’t mutually exclusive.  And yes, I have a USGA handicap.  

If you are a plus 4 or better then it’s a good match.

Secondly, I was just trying to fire people up for a Geek Golf Meat. Lighten up.  

19 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Who talked shiot?  I didn’t. If you took offense to “bring your check book” as nothing more than playful banter then I really want to gamble now, you get rattled easily.  There are good golfers and there’s good gamblers, the two aren’t mutually exclusive.  And yes, I have a USGA handicap.  

If you are a plus 4 or better then it’s a good match.

Secondly, I was just trying to fire people up for a Geek Golf Meat. Lighten up.  

Are you scratch? I'm a 2.

Lighten up, from sweater vest... 🤣